Official Main Event Aftermath, Ratings & Review Thread

Not the most watched show I know but if you get the chance it is worth checking out for the fantastic match between Dolph Ziggler and Antonio Cesaro. I thought their styles would mesh well and they did, Ziggler sells a couple of uppercuts spectacularly, particular Cesaro's trademark Swiss-Death.

Fandango chalked up his second decent match of the week, him and Christian worked well together and it seems WWE are trying top progress him beyond his schtick with these longer matches.

The Gabriel vs Slater main event was notable for the Wyatt's coming out and destroying 3MB and the Capetown Werewolf :)D). Harper and Rowan stacked up the bodies in front of Bray who then cut another of his weird promos which again ended with him telling Kane to follow the buzzards.

Really strong opening match this week between Barrett and R Truth, entertaining back and forth with a closing stretch of near falls that really had me uncertain of who was gonna win. The fact JBL kept pushing on commentary that Barrett was a future World Champion and his recent run of losses can happen to any athlete was good news for Barrett fans.

The Usos vs the PTP was a decent tag match and it's good to see teams having a lengthy match outside of an actual title fight.

Henry vs McIntyre was just a squash but to Drew's credit he's taken the attitude of "If you want me to be a squashee I'll be the best squashee on the roster" and puts his all into selling his squashers offense.

The opening match for this weeks show was The Shield vs The Usos & Mark Henry, it was a good match but Henry is really awkward as a face, he is too slow and cumbersome to be doing hot tag sequences, as a heel he can dictate a methodical pace which suits him much better.

The post match promo from The Shield was excellent and featured Ambrose's best mic work to date IMO.

Nattie vs Aksana was surprisingly solid, easily the longest match I've seen Aksana have and she had a couple of good little character moves.

The main event of Axel vs Sin Cara seemed good but I admit I was distracted by Heyman working his magic on commentary and promoting his match with Punk on next weeks Raw.

The Shield had another good outing on Main Event, this time against Kofi & The Usos. Lots of back and forth action with the crowd really into it. The Shield made the faces look great, but I hope there are no plans for The Usos to get the tag titles, they aren't ready or maybe just aren't good enough.

Naomi vs AJ was a fun Divas match that gave Naomi a chance to look good with her athletic offense that AJ really tried to get over. The crowd support seemed more behind the little heel Diva though, she desperately needs an over babyface foil.

The Real Americans showed up, Swagger jobbed to Khali, Zeb and Cesaro did some hilarious over the top villain facials, Swagger looks bored.

Bray Wyatt vs Justin Gabriel was the main event, it was pretty short with Wyatt hitting the avalanche and then his finisher after about 4 minutes.

Strange outcomes with two of the three matches this week. The opener between Fandango and Gabriel was pretty decent and I'd say it's the longest match I've seen Gabriel have.

I know they are doing the whole tired routine of jobbing the WHC MITB winner out but Sandow jobbing to R Truth is just ridiculous in my view. It's not like Sandow had been on some huge winning streak that they are dismantling, the guy has been jobbing for best part of a year already.

The Prime Time Players vs Rowan & Harper saw a surprising loss for the PTP. They have been on a winning streak since Darren Young came out so for them to lose to a team that are only on the fringes seemed odd to me, especially as I figured the PTP would get the shot at Rollins & Reigns at NOC since Henry is injured.

The opener on this weeks Main Event between Kofi and Cesaro was a lot of fun, Cesaro continues to have some of the most unique and flat out spectacular looking offense in WWE, sadly he also continues to be little more than a jobber. I can't help but wish he'd been the new Heyman guy instead of Axel.

The Prime Time Players vs 3MB was ok but what I really enjoyed was Brodus on commentary as Tonnes of Funks scouted their opponents for the Tag Turmoil match at NOC. Brodus articulated his points really well and didn't falter when Miz tried to push his buttons.

The main event was Big E vs R Truth, solid enough stuff, Big E continues to look good on offense and got some audible boos from the crowd.

Justin Gabriel got another lengthy match on this weeks show, I enjoyed his match with Axel and I wonder if WWE are testing him to see if they can maybe use him more on the main shows as a mid card contender. Shame for the two guys wrestling that the crowd were more interested in chanting CM Punk and Paulrus.

Big Show vs Sandow was a fun squash, not much else to see there, Big show looking angry rather than tearful was good to see.

It could have just been me but I thought the interaction between Big E and Fandango in the opening match as they took on the Usos, hinted at a face turn for Big E.

The standout match from this weeks show was the US title match between Ambrose and Ziggler. I'd say it was arguably their best match to date and Ambrose's best singles outing in WWE. It doesn't say a lot for Dolph's prospects though when he is dong clean jobs on WWE's 3rd tier show.

Rollins vs Goldust was the highlight of this weeks show I'd say, a really good back and forth match that continues the feud between the Rhodes boys and The Shield.

The Real Americans were booked surprisingly strong against the PTP and looked fairly dominant, winning without shenanigans. Seems odd to bother building them up just to feed them to the comedy team Los Matadores, maybe there are other plans....

Dolph jobbing to Sandow reminded me of one of those nature channel docs about animals that eat their own kind.

LOL @ The Miz.

On Main Event last night he was commentating on the Truth & Woods vs Real Americans match and he was asked by the other commentator if he thinks the Real Americans have a chance of becoming the Tag Team Champions and he said, "I think any of the tag teams in the WWE right now have a chance of becoming the Tag Team Champions if they have the right push ..."

He immediately after said he didn't mean that and he said he meant motivation.

But LOL he let a real backstage word slip and it's TRUE, of all things. It's absolutely true. Any team in the WWE COULD be Tag Team Champions if "Creative" pushes them there. That's how it works. So it was funny to hear Miz let that word slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back