• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oedipus Shaw

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
I flipped on TNA last night at just the right time. Anderson was playing his swarmy self sitting at Christy Shaw's breakfast bar. He was learning more about Sam Shaw than one would like. I found the segment very entertaining. I watched it and wasn't caught up at all with how ridiculous the set up was, I just leaned forward and enjoyed it. Well written and well acted stuff that made me want more. I hope they continue to develop this eerie relationship Sam has with his mom.

Did others enjoy this segment as well or has it gone too far? How could they go further with Shaw's character (maybe he has a weird brother)?

I think it's a fine line between "too far" and "just right", but I'm leaning more toward "just right" based on how well Samuel Shaw the human being is playing Samuel Shaw the character. It's just incredible. That look on his face and the reaction when he came up from the basement with the blood on his mouth, dropping to his knees to cradle at Christy Shaw's skirt... just amazing. I mean, at least for wrestling. He won't be winning any awards any time soon, but as far as wrestling acting goes, this guy clearly gets it.

For sure, I'd push this forward more. It may even need to be pushed just a little too far just so they know where the line really is, but man, this is developing into one of the better feuds the company has had in the last number of years. It's more silly, but it actually reminds me, from a personal hatred POV, of the one he had with Angle years back.

I had it on but I was flipping between TNA and something else it may have been NXT idr but I saw the part where Anderson and Christy were talking and I think he asks where Shaw was and that's all I saw until Shaw came out of the basement with the blood. Was there more to the segment that I may have missed because that didn't really seem like a logical jump. If so can someone fill me on because it's not totally explained in the OP? What I saw was very effectively creepy though.

I had it on but I was flipping between TNA and something else it may have been NXT idr but I saw the part where Anderson and Christy were talking and I think he asks where Shaw was and that's all I saw until Shaw came out of the basement with the blood. Was there more to the segment that I may have missed because that didn't really seem like a logical jump. If so can someone fill me on because it's not totally explained in the OP? What I saw was very effectively creepy though.

Did you see the part where Ken went down to the room in the basement that's Samuel's room and it's set up like a kid's room?

Ken is down there and then Sam walks in and they have a quick little brawl before the camera man runs up the stairs.

Anyway I think it was the most interesting thing on Impact last night.
I have no idea where the whole thing is headed and I like that.
I think it's just the right level of creepy and entertainment.
It has me wanting to see how it plays out.

It is out on YouTube for anyone that wants.

Watching it again I picked up even more on the incestuous nature of the mother. The whole living in his mom's basement is a fun shout to the stereotypical wrestling fan. I am confused about one thing. We see the cameraman bail but do we ever see Anderson escape?

I hope they carry this further. It is definitely not for kids and I don't watch wrestling for psychological horror but this is the first time since Aces and Eights or maybe exiting AJ that TNA has done something that I am extremely interested in seeing where it is going.

Unfortunately I'm guessing this ends with just a match at Sacrifice.

Samuel Shaw is, in my opinion, one of the most entertaining characters in TNA. Maybe in all of wrestling. I've really enjoyed watching the transformation of his character from being an artist in love with Christy, to Christy seeing his weird obsession and now to living with his mom....who I kind of felt gave off a creepy vibe.

As far as the segments last night go, I loved them. Shaw plays the character perfectly and I can't help but get excited for what'll come next.

Did anyone think about the Ace Ventura scene when he went to Ray Finkel's house and talked to his parents. Because that is what I thought when that segment happened. when I see Samuel Shaw he reminds me of Norman Bates, and Sergei Draugnov from tekken.

It is out on YouTube for anyone that wants.

Watching it again I picked up even more on the incestuous nature of the mother. The whole living in his mom's basement is a fun shout to the stereotypical wrestling fan. I am confused about one thing. We see the cameraman bail but do we ever see Anderson escape?

I hope they carry this further. It is definitely not for kids and I don't watch wrestling for psychological horror but this is the first time since Aces and Eights or maybe exiting AJ that TNA has done something that I am extremely interested in seeing where it is going.

Unfortunately I'm guessing this ends with just a match at Sacrifice.

No. They never showed Ken escape. That was something I was wondering about.

Is Sam keeping Ken in the basement?
Was this all a ruse by Sam and his mom?

I know that wouldn't make sense because they would have to know ahead of time that Ken was coming to the house but this is wrestling. Logic often goes out the window.

I feel like this can go more than one way.

I actually didn't see the mother thing coming at all.
I thought it was going to turn into a thing where Samuel turns his obsession to Ken.

Really no idea where any of this is going at all.
If this ends at Sacrifice I'll actually be kind of bummed.

Interesting angle, quite the (intended) creepy vibe, the Shaw character is a bit Dexter mixed with a bit Bates/Psycho - but I was also reminded of the creepy video to Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" by the mother.

Plus the angle shows of Christy Hemme, one of wrestling's hottest women!

Such a shame the match at Sacrifice was so dull

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back