• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

O-Zone

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
If you live in Europe you may have heard of these guys. If you live in the US you may have heard a song of theirs but have no idea it was these guys.

For those that don't know of these guys O-Zone consists of Dan Bălan, Radu Sîrbu, and Arsenie "Arsenium" Todiraş. They are a pop music trio from Moldova (if you've never heard of this place you aren't alone, I never heard of this place before yesterday either)

The pic links to the bands Wiki page for the few of you who are interested.

Bălan & Todiraş were originally going to be a duo until Bălan got a call from Radu Sîrbu asking if he could audition even though he missed them the first time around. They said yes and after the Audition O-Zone became a trio.

They started in 1999 and they trio broke up in January 2005. In that time they put out 3 albums and 4 singles.

Albums
Dar, unde eşti (1999)
Number 1
(2002)
DiscO-Zone
(2004)

Singles
Kayla my dear deggie (1999)
Numai tu (2002)
Despre tine (2002)
Dragostea din tei (2004)

The one i underlined is there most famous single topping a lot of European and Asian pop charts. It only reached 72 here in the states though.

This links to the singles wiki page for the same few who are interested.

[youtube]QoI0AUAcBJ8[/youtube]

This song while weird by our standards here in the states bu it is quite catchy and I will be looking for their albums and if that fails I'll download them from Itunes or something

All I can say is if your a fan of Electronica, Eurodance or Europop I suggest you give these guys more of a listen to they're quite good.

Edit: Just something I'd add here. The official language of Moldova is Romanian which is more than likely the language they're singing in. There's an English version for those that are desperate to know what they're saying. I personally prefer the original Romanian version

ROFL the Numa-Numa band?! I didn't know that was actually a music group, just thought it was some random song some guy mixed on his computer. Tell me you know where this song got famous from right?

[youtube]60og9gwKh1o[/youtube]

That was probably the first case of a "viral video" becoming popular that I can remember, it's still hilarious to this day.

Didn't figure you for a Eurodance kinda guy Milenko...I'll stick with my Ace of Base thank you.

ROFL the Numa-Numa band?! I didn't know that was actually a music group, just thought it was some random song some guy mixed on his computer. Tell me you know where this song got famous from right?
Yeah it's really a music group I figured not many people would know that which is why i made this thread. As for this song it was famous in Europe pretty soon after it came out in 2004. That video is what made it famous in the US
That was probably the first case of a "viral video" becoming popular that I can remember, it's still hilarious to this day.
Just think about it without his guy youtube wouldn't be the phenomenon it is today.
Didn't figure you for a Eurodance kinda guy Milenko...I'll stick with my Ace of Base thank you.
I like all kinds of music be it hip hop, country, punk or Eurodance. I'll give it all a shot. As for Ace of Base I used to rock that shit back in the day

Of course you did, who the hell didn't rock the Ace of Base in like '95? Thats all the radio used to play back then. I still jam the fuck out to "All That She Wants" whenever I get really drunk. Infact, I'm gonna play that shit right now while sparkin' this bowl. Because I'm that guy.

It's close enough to "techno" for me to like!

I'm with xfear, in that I'm only familiar with this track because of the Viral vid. Although, I will admit it's catchy as fuck.

As an aside, I used to (and still do, to an extent) jam the fuck out to AoB. Then again, I'm a sucker for trance, techno, and house, so you know, I'm gonna love anything with a loop!:icon_biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back