• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

O.Jordan/R.Terry: Yet another WWE rehash?

King Blitzkonic

Manager to the Fizzled Stars
As many of you may remember, Goldust and Razor Ramon had a feud going in late 1995 with. The creepy attitude, the interactions with Razor, etc. made more than one wrestling fan uncomfortable with the antics of the Bizarre One.

IF TNA decides to push the "particularly flamboyant" (best term I can think of) Orlando Jordan into a feud with the guy with "the body and the machismo" Big Rob Terry... This sounds very much like the same setup.

Am I reading too much into this or is this truly yet another storyline rehash that's doomed to fail leading to more damage to TNA's credibility?

Yup. You're reading way into this. That feud was more than a decade ago. I didn't even recall it until I read this. It doesn't matter if its original or not, or maybe creative didn't know. For all we know, Scott Hall himself may've pitched the idea. It doesn't really matter as long as the feud is... Successful. Hopefully it doesn't creep people out and we can finally see some development for the Global title. As for the feud itself, I think its just to put Terry over using Orlando's experience and well... I really can't think of another mid-card heel he hasn't beaten yet or is busy at the moment.

Sorry, but to put Orlando in the same league with Golddust is wrong. Orlando is one thing...gay...or bi...whatever. thats it..there is nothing else to him. It's like Obama...a great speaker...but an empty suit otherwise. Gold was brilliant. You REALLY got into what he was saying and doing. With Orlando you have yellow tape and a nasty taste in your mouth. BIG difference. As to Rob vs Razor...again..no competition. Rob is a steroid freak who can't talk. End of story. Razor was on a lot of things..but not steroid...and he could work the mic.

I don't think it matters. Most wrestling storylines are recycled anyway. Personally if these two guys fued i think it will be horrible because they both suck and nothing against gay people i just think homosexuality does not belong in pro wrestling.

Why do people still insist on gay bashing in this day and age? Yes he wore yellow tape, but he did have tights under it. Why is him being openly bisexual so big of a deal? Gay people can't be represented in professional wrestling? Any way, you're trying to say that a SIMILAR story line is recycled a decade later....probably because TNA is using now, am i correct? Wasn't the show down between the Rock and Hogan at WM similar to Andre and Hulk? How about all the Mask vs ??? matches in WWE? Rey Rey lost his mask in WCW in a match with Nash's hair on the line. If you want to bash a company, at least make it make SOME sense man....jeeze

xXstraightedgeXx - Your baisicly saying Gay people can't wrestle...Um Can't You Remember Rico? One of the most flamboiant Superstars to date, and numerous time Tag Team Champion...Yes it was a gimmick but so is Orlando's, he was different in WWE so just give him a chance

Yes it's the same angle in theory. Well at least at this point it looks like it is.

And it means jack. This is 15 years ago at this point so it's not like this is something that you can say is a ripoff. 15 years is a LONG time in real life and a freaking eternity in wrestling. i could easily believe that the writers for TNA haven't even heard of the original angle. What you have to remember is that just about every angle has been done at some point in time. This means nothing and yeah you're looking way too deep into it.

Forget about Rico, because i'm not sure whether or not he was just acting in that manner, but the Kris Kanyon who recently passed away was gay, and was not very well received backstage. However at the end of the day, I thought he was a pretty damn good performer and entertaining to watch...R.I.P

As many of you may remember, Goldust and Razor Ramon had a feud going in late 1995 with. The creepy attitude, the interactions with Razor, etc. made more than one wrestling fan uncomfortable with the antics of the Bizarre One.

IF TNA decides to push the "particularly flamboyant" (best term I can think of) Orlando Jordan into a feud with the guy with "the body and the machismo" Big Rob Terry... This sounds very much like the same setup.

Am I reading too much into this or is this truly yet another storyline rehash that's doomed to fail leading to more damage to TNA's credibility?

I actually really enjoyed Razor/Goldust, it had a lot of potenial but Razor wouldn't job at Wrestlemania 12 so WWE nixed the feud, plus Razor and Diesel were leaving to go to WCW so they had to break down Razor's character with a bunch of loses.

I think the a tentative link with the whole re-hash theory. But to as a feud, to be honest it would be good for both guys and for TNA... not because they're great performers or that they will have great chemistry, it will just be refreshing for a mid-card feud that has nothing to do with Hulk, Flair or Eric.

It would also be great for development, in no way do I think Rob Terry will ever be a great performer, but I steady program with less squash matches my help him in ring. As for Jordan, I think they're trying to hard, maybe they should turn the gimmick down a bit.

That's a good call on the Goldust/Razor Ramon angle, but as many people have said, many angles are recycled and it's been long enough that it seems fresh to a new viewer.

The problem that I think they will run into is that neither OJ or Rob Terry are good on the mic. Part of the reason that Goldust /RR worked is that not only were both good workers, but they could both cut good promos on each other to help advance the feud.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think OJ has cut a promo since he debut on Jan. 4th. I hope they explain themselves quickly. Otherwise we're just going to be subjected to OJ coming out each week and doing some sexually oriented stuff and Rob Terry standing there making angry faces.

Valid points..

You see this a lot in wrestling though.. I know because this one is so bizarre it makes it stand out more, but a lot of angles are driven from similar story lines 10-15 yrs ago.

It's not that your reading to much into it... I still agree with you that its a pointless storyline.

Borrowing storylines and angles can be as common as wrestlers copying the moves and styles of others. Hell, part of Ted DiBiase's attempt to buy the WWF Championship was taken from an angle that took place years earlier in Georgia Championship Wrestling in which Larry Zbyszko attempted to buy the NWA National Heavyweight Championship.

I've little doubt that TNA will attempt to take this angle further than the Goldust/Razor situation that happened in the mid-90s. Briefly, there was even a similar story between Goldust and the Ultimate Warrior. I remember it on Raw vividly because it was the first time I'd ever heard anyone say shit on live television.

As with those two incidents, I've little doubt that TNA will incorporate the age old angle of having Rob Terry, the straight and verile "man's man" and all that stuff in the angle, be repulsed, put off, disgusted, etc. by the advances and innuendo aimed towards him by Orlando Jordan. It's not really something that interests me much. I don't blame TNA for trying to do something to stand out and all, it's just that the whole gay infatution angle just doesn't flop my mop.

I see your point.. but problem here is Razor and Goldust were both over as singles wrestlers.

Orlando Jordan isn't. However if you really want to take a page from this book and make it fresh. Pair Orlando Jordan up with Shannon Moore and give a meaning to GLAMROCK! One uses lipstick the other creams himself! LOL perfect ackword tag team to fued with Beer Money or the Motor city machine guns!

As dumb as that sounds it would be entertaining on TV, elevating all of them then could make them into better singles wrestlers because of it.

Currently we have no reason to care about OJ or SM.

In regards to Rob Terry, its too soon to attempt this as he is not over like goldust or razor was either. he is still rising in popularity, I think they are smart to continue to give him squash matches till he can develop some mic skills and his persona. Then once both are established then Terry and OJ can fued.. but right now I would agree it would be stupid.

However it would be safe to assume that Rob Terry at this point and time IS more over than Orlando Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back