• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT TakeOver Toronto: Bobby Roode VS Tye Dillinger

Match Result:

• Glorious defeats Perfect 10.

• Perfect 10 defeats Glorious.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
This match was made official after Bobby Roode accepted Tye Dillinger's challenge.

Roode had left Tye on his own while SAnitY was beating Tye in Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match.

It's obvious that Roode takes the win here.

I am more happy for Tye getting a personal feud as he is a talent worth to watch.

Roode defeats Tye and then moves on to Nakamura for the NxT title.

Generally speaking, this is easily the weakest match on the card and I think it's ultimately just about getting Bobby Roode in front of a large crowd in his hometown. He'll probably wind up getting the biggest pop of the night.

Tye Dillinger's worked hard for the success he's managed to achieve in NXT. The guy's been trying to get onto the WWE main roster off & on for over a decade. He made it, briefly, when he was called up from OVW to the ECW brand back in 2008 but he wasn't around long enough to have a cup of coffee. Then he shuffled around the indie scene for the next 5 years and now he's spent the last 3 years in NXT.

I think Dillinger is ultimately a stepping stone for Roode; truth be told, Roode is long since ready for the main roster and I don't see any point in keeping him in NXT. He turns 40 in late January so, realistically speaking, there's probably not a lot of time for WWE to get the most they want out of him though the guy's in great shape and, to my knowledge, doesn't have a history of injuries to slow him down.

At any rate, I don't see Roode losing to Dillinger in front of his hometown crowd.

You're right, this is to just further solidify Roode as the top heel in NXT as Joe hopefully goes on to the main roster. It's almost a certainty Roode will be the next #1 contender to Shinsuke, and I hope Roode is on track to win the belt from Shinsuke so he can go on to the main roster following Wrestlemania 33.

As for Tye, I like him, but he's a future mid-card, unfortunately, and that's ok. I hope he ends up on SmackDown eventually in programs with Ziggler and Miz, I can see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back