• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT TakeOver: Chicago: NXT Championship - Bobby Roode (c) VS Hideo Itami

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After winning a #1 contender's match against Roderick Strong on tonight's episode of NXT, Itamo moves onto Chicago to face Bobby Roode for the title. If I'm not mistaken, this is Itami's first shot at the title and considering that he was going to be among the top stars in NXT before injuries derailed his journey, I think there's a chance that he wins but I think there's more of a chance that Roode retains. Since this isn't a TakeOver that's connected to one of the classic Big Four ppvs, I guess that'd make it a "B show", I think it's more likely they'll wait until SummerSlam, at least, before taking the title off Roode. Then Roode could get his rematch for the TakeOver event happening during Survivor Series weekend before popping up as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble next year.

Whoa dude, you're pretty much writing the rest of the year and then some for Roode. Calm down. That sounds way too predictable anyway.

I'm glad Hideo finally gets a main event title match. That's pretty crazy giving how long ago that dude debut. This is fresh. Still too early in Roode's run to take the belt off of him in my opinion. Depending how good this match is will gauge whether I want to see them again down the road (rematches, a feud). But there really doesn't seem to be any one else to challenge Roode for the time being. Ohno and Strong haven't exactly swept me off my feet, but I haven't been too exposed to them either. AND they've already jobbed out to the likes of Roode and Hideo. Perhaps a triple threat with Ohno and Strong at the next TakeOver, if Hideo doesn't pan out as a viable feud for Roode?

Happy that Hideo Itami is finally in the title picture.

Hideo Itami should win the match and thus the title. Hideo's counterparts like Kevin Owens, Finn Balor etc are already on the main roster and I don't think that WWE should delay Hideo's title win anymore. All the momentum Hidoe has after returning from another injury will be halted if he loses to Bobby Roode. Give him the title here and then have a rematch at NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III. And then Bobby Roode can be called up to either brand on the main roster. Neither of them are getting young so I would prefer a Hideo victory.

Hideo Itami has seemed to me to be around forever now and because of his injuries it's been a lot fluff over nothing. Nice to see him finally get back on his feet and getting a title shot. That being said though, it's time to move him up. The problem with that is, again because of his injuries I'm wondering if casual fans will even know who he is. He didn't get enough ring time in NXT to make a name for himself. So it's a bit of dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. Another injury and I think personally he's done. Not getting any younger so make they'd be better off to make hay while the sun shines.

Can't see WWE taking a chance on Itami as champion should his knee explode. Also, Roode has a feud with McIntyre on the horizon.

Should be a good match. Hopefully it's a one Takeover and done. I'm getting bored of seemingly eternal NXT feuds.

Looked, I like Itami just as much as the next guy. I am more surprised that he has not been "Future Endeavored" yet, never mind being in a title match at a Takeover. He is too injury prone to be given the NXT Strap. Though, he should eventually win it, WWE will probably not let him. Main Roster? stranger things have happened.

Soooooo I'm gonna be the first one to say it ?

Ok.

Hideo Itami touting the GTS as "his move" in Chicago against a guy who is super over and cheered as a heel? Probably bot going to work out so great. Shitty decision. Should have gone with a fatal four way or some such.

Roode wins, maybe in a slightly screwy finish. Next takeover event, Roode wins perfectly clean.

Drew beats him at next again takeover event for the belt.

They seem to like the Face>Heel>Face>Heel rotation of the NXT champion.

People previewed at a takeover event in the crowd have gone on to be champion. Joe and Roode. Makes me think McIntyre is next

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back