NXT Takeover: Brooklyn Sold Out

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Some pretty significant news for the next live NXT special, and the first one to be held outside of Full Sail University. It's been announced that the show is sold out and that a crowd of some 13,000 is expected for the August 22 show.

It's a pretty major feat for the brand and will be the largest crowd in NXT history, eclipsing the roughly 5,000 fans they had in California earlier this year. While it can be argued that the show taking place as part of SummerSlam weekend had some influence, which it probably did to some degree, this is a big step forward for NXT to, eventually, possibly become its own separate touring brand.

I really do wonder what the draw was:

-I don't buy all that being people who are going to SummerSlam.
-Is Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens that big of draw?
-Is it curiosity? (People talk about NXT, I'll be there, I should check it out)
-Is NXT really this popular? (Personally, I think so)

It should be fun, really excited to see Tyler Breeze of all people. Finn Balor will be fun to watch, should be a good show the card so far looks more entertaining than Summerslam.

I really do wonder what the draw was:

-I don't buy all that being people who are going to SummerSlam.
-Is Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens that big of draw?
-Is it curiosity? (People talk about NXT, I'll be there, I should check it out)
-Is NXT really this popular? (Personally, I think so)

Easy, Killer. It is New York City. It was the centerpiece of the old WWWF/WWF Territory. On that same night, PWS will sell out there allotment for their show. Similarly, RoH will sell out their allotment for theirs. There are enough WWE fans that live in the NYC Metro area that NXT would have sold out even if the Main Event was Triple H's three daughters facing Dora the Explorer, Dino Dan and Miss Piggy in a TLC match.

Now, if this was Kansas City, Dallas, some of the old NWA Territories, that number would justify NXT's popularity. But, you really need to discount those numbers as regarding "popularity". Unless VKM and Trips did something SPECTACULARLY stupid, this NXT event was selling out regardless.

I was fairly surprised by this, as the brand doesn't feel near as hot as it did when they first went on tour back in May.

This is fantastic though, and should provide a pretty incredible atmosphere if this crowd brings the energy and passion that your average NXT crowd does.

Makes me think that other such havens like Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Toronto cant be far behind.

I was fairly surprised by this, as the brand doesn't feel near as hot as it did when they first went on tour back in May.

This is fantastic though, and should provide a pretty incredible atmosphere if this crowd brings the energy and passion that your average NXT crowd does.

Makes me think that other such havens like Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Toronto cant be far behind.

Hopefully they dont have the same sense of originality, because the average nxt crowd has the originality of a peanut. Hence why there have been idiots that are trying to do every chant to the tune of New Day Clap. We'll probably hear 63 this is awesome chants while we are at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back