NXT or Tough Enough?

DexVendetta88

Pre-Show Stalwart
With all the rumours I've been hearing about the WWE bringing back the Tough Enough concept, it got me to thinking. Which concept is better in taking an unknown (only within WWE and not in the indies) and making the a WWE Superstar? I totally see the difference between each approach. Tough Enough basically takes a complete unknown with little to no wrestling experience, and trains them into becoming a WWE superstar from scratch. NXT on the other hand takes someone who already has experience in the business, pairs them up with an established WWE superstar, and basically sharpen their current skills to make them fit for WWE standards. I just wanna see what all of you think is a better concept for creating a WWE superstar instantly.

I think they both play their parts well to an extent. NXT is mainly there for the TV exposure, as a lot of people already know who the rookies were going to be. Daniel Bryan for example. While Tough Enough like you said, takes a complete unknown and turns them into something, well attempts to. The Miz was in a tough enough competition a WHILE back and correct me if I am wrong on this, someone named Daniel Puder won the whole thing, and last time I had saw him was like the 2004 royal rumble and he didn't do anything. While The Miz is WWE champion now. Funny how things work out huh? Also take Wade Barrett into consideration. Won NXT, created one of the most dominant factions in history, Main Event heel, and got Cena "fired". Kaval can't really have an argument at the moment there really isn't anything for him to do except the IC title. So to answer you're question I'm going to have to go with NXT, I just never really thought tough enough did anything for anyone in the long term I mean. Bear in mind Barrett and Kaval haven't been around that long, but they are both relevant to their brands as in the tough enough winners would never really do anything outstandish.

Intresting arguement here

Tough Enough take a complete nobody and bring them into the wrestling world.

NXT refines a FCW wrestler to WWE standards.

I am going to have to go with NXT since it seems to of create more stars (currently).

With NXT we got the Nexus/Wade Barrett, Alex Riley, Kaval, and Daniel Bryan.

With Tough Enough we got Nadia, Jamie Noble, John Morrison and The Miz. The latter actually we to OVW to refine their skills until they were called up in 2005, 2006 respectively.

As far as the concept of taking a star and introducing him/her to the mainstream WWE audience, NXT does a better job of that. That is due to the fact that they take wrestlers who are already trained in the craft and give them the stage to prove that they can be something big in the company. When you take wrestlers who are not entirely trained in wrestling it's going to take them a while to make it. Even if they have potential they still have to learn a lot and can't just jump right into storylines as successfully as NXT competitors can. So I think the response to the OP would certainly be NXT for creating a superstar instantly.

That being said, I enjoyed Tough Enough (1-3 the actual reality show format) more than NXT. You just get such an inside look to the training aspect of wrestling and see how difficult it actually is. I'm not sure what the new season of Tough Enough will be like but I'm guessing that it won't take competitors who aren't ENTIRELY new to the wrestling business. They may not be seasoned like the guys on NXT but they will probably have to have some type of training under their belt. Either way I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Keep in mind Skip Sheffield (Ryan Reeves), was on Tough Enough YEARS before he was Skip Sheffield. I prefer tough enough to NXT, with Tough Enough, there's 1 to 2 people who "make it", while, NXT, \the majority seem to end up getting called up.

Had Matt Capotelli and Chris Nowinski not have had health problems, they both could have had very good careers, it's a shame we'll never know

Very intresting augument here. Im going to have to go with tough enough over NXT because with tough enough, they brought out people who had no wrestling experence what so ever and transfored them. A few names that come to mind would be the boogyman ( even though he lied about his age in tough enough ), jamie noble, nadia, miss jackie, skip seffield who was then brought into NXT, John morrison and most of all THE MIZZ!!!!!. if you look at the facts, yes NXT have brought though a couple of good talents like barret, alex riley, gabriel, daniel brian, otonga and maybe kaval, but in my opinion none of these have the talent to become WWE/ world champion ( maybe barret ) plus they were all wrestling in the indie leagues while in tough enough you have john morrision who has wwe championship material and THE MIZZ who is already WWE champion.

So im going for tought enough over NXT.

I am going with Tough Enough because majority of the people there had no wrestling experience and few got signed by the WWE, where as NXT the guys are already in the WWE and their craft is being perfected.

One more person the guys above me failed to mention that did anything in the WWE from Tough Enough was Marty Wright aka the Boogeyman

there are so many threads about this. tough enough because the people who actually go on and try out are everyday people and not fcw wrestlers like nxt

I am going to say Tough Enough as you saw the actual training of the basically unknown trialist. Also my problem with NXT is the whole pro's thing, you rarely see them actually go anything to help the rookie. They basically just sit on the stage or stand on the ring apron, without actually teaching the rookie.

With that being said, I would love to see a merger of the two. Imagine the tough enough concept till you reached the final 6 or 8, then switching to the nxt style with each finalist being given a pro based on ring style/charisma etc. This way, the audience will know more about the rookie due to the tough enough part, and the pro could be seen to actually help the rookie, eg - a training package where the pro teaches a move of series of moves to work on a body part to set up a finish, and the rookie then using it the match, thus improving their ring work. Would this idea work?

I think NXT is the better option, if they stop all the goofy obstacle courses and stupid contests that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with wrestling in the WWE. Tough Enough was a pretty cool concept, but that was for when people thought wrestling was real -- a reality TV concept worked in that regard.

To me Tough Enough was a better product. It created some classic reality tv moments. Al Snow telling people off. Mick Foley getting pissed because of lazy work. Triple H scaring half the contestants out of the business. While yes NXT has given us Nexus, DB, and Kaval but the truth of the matter is that they were already wrestling in the first place. Tough Enough got over with non-wrestling fans because it was a look into the real world of the sport of professional wrestling. NXT is only talk about in wrestling circle for being a crappy replacement of a crappy revival of ECW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back