• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT on PPV

macksstream

First Australian WWE Champion
OK, i understand there was a thread about NXT stars at wresltemania, but i think this is different enough to stay.

Well the name is kinda obvious, should there be NXT matches on PPV? these could be Rookie vs Pro, Rookie vs Rookie or superstar vs rookie (for experience obviously). Obviously there'd need to be a storyline/fued going to it but it could work.

So what i want to know is
1. your opinion.
2. The match, if you would like to see one on PPV. eg Daniel Bryan vs Justin Gabriel or Darren Young vs Luke Gallows. Adding a winner is optional.
3. the storyline/build/fued.

I do not think people want to see that just yet. I think that the Rookies would benefit more from having weekly matches against random superstars that could make the journey to Tuesday nights to help their friends (the Pro's) teach their rookie. You really don't even have to announce who it will be, just let the Rookie's decide their strategy on the spot to see how they can compete with the big boys. Although some announcing would have to be made. Maybe a big time wrestler like Edge comes to NXT but the Rookies don't know which one will face him. No one could know until his theme hits. Build up the suspense.

maybe instead of on the actual show they could go to doing a free for all type thing before the pay per view with the last 2 rated wrestlers fighting for their spot. having the match cary implications on nxt would make people tune in to the free show, once they are tuned in the wwe could hype the ppv for any one that is on the fence about ordering it.

Personally, I don't think NXT matches would draw to a PPV. Maybe like the final match of the "season" to decide who gets the title match. Building a feud between rookies or even a rookie and a pro wouldn't build interest. NXT crowds are usually silent after the initial pop for a certain pro's music, and even though I've never missed an episode, I, as well as, most other fans couldn't even name all 8 rookies. Perhaps as a filler match if there's open time on the card, do something like Kane did on SD and hold a challenge, but otherwse I don't see NXT matches as PPV worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back