• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT Fans, Do You Want Your Favorites To Get Called Up To WWE?

The Brain

King Of The Ring
Of course you do. You want to see your favorites take the next step and move up to the big leagues. I've been reading about it for years. People are always clamoring for the hot NXT star to make the jump and it's always a forum mark out moment when they see that guy on WWE television for the first time. It's only natural, right?

It may be natural but if you stop and think about it for a minute is that really what you want? I've been reading so much about how great NXT is and how Raw and Smackdown seem boring and outdated by comparison. I guess the theory is bringing some of this new blood to the main roster will freshen things up and create some excitement. Sounds logical enough but over the past few years we've seen some of these so called internet darlings get the call up but not many people's opinion on WWE has changed. WWE is still the stale product while people still get excited about NXT. Your favorite NXT stars getting the call up only hurts NXT while not helping WWE. Why wouldn't you want them to just stay at NXT so your preferred show can thrive?

I want to point out that the post above is directed at those that enjoy NXT but typically complain about WWE. I don't think that opinion is shared by the majority but is fairly common. Of course anyone is welcome to reply. Personally I think guys like Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, and Cesaro have helped WWE and even though WWE can seem to get stuck in a bit of a rut at times these additions to the roster, among others, has helped the show over the past couple years.

I want what's best for my favorite WWE superstars. Going to the main roster would be best for their career's. I enjoy NXT a lot more than RAW or Smackdown, but i still want my favorite guys to be as successful as they can be. That won't happen stuck in NXT.

I see what you're saying. NXT is such a superior product at the moment that I worry when my favourites like Sami Zayn and Finn Balor get called up they'll be misused and watered down. HHH has been doing such a great job with NXT that I almost want to just stop watching Raw and exclusively watch NXT. I just don't want Vince to ruin the careers of excellent wrestlers by giving them silly gimmicks or burying them when they get to the big leagues. Is it better for them to stay in NXT where they're main event talents and get consistant screen time, or to move to the main roster to feud with Adam Rose and the Bunny? I think the only thing that makes the idea bearable is all the dream matches between NXT stars and main roster stars, their are some amazing possibilities. And like someone abov said, I want the best for the NXT wrestlers. They deserve the main spotlight.

I believe NXT talents should be called up when they are ready, after all this is the reason they joined NXT in the first place - to become ready for main roster shows.

I also think several veterans who WWE have no real plans for on main shows should be send to compete in NXT, this move can help to bring in new viewers and help future stars to learn faster. 1-3 veterans should be enough.
Christian & Kane are perfect choices for this in my opinion - Kane is longlive succesfull enough heavyweight who also is the lockerroom leader backstage, Christian is middleweight guy with high spots style who also working for WWE for many years and was succesfull enough. I would also add Rey Mysterio to that list, since he is the most succesfull cruiserweight ever with international recognition and who's prime is behind him, but i don't know what the deal between him and WWE at the moment.

Of course I do. If I may parallel NXT to minor league baseball a little, I'd rather watch the biggest stars in baseball hit .250 in the majors than watch them hit .350 in the minors. Just like I'd rather watch a Bray Wyatt or Seth Rollins of the world job to the Cenas and Ortons from time to time than watch them dominate in NXT. I want to see the best perform against the best. Not everyone who makes it to NXT is destined to be a star. Some guys will be brought in to simply serve as enhancement talent, just like some guys never make it past AA ball.

There will be some big NXT stars who flop in the WWE, just like there are guys who dominate minor league baseball, but for whatever reason can't hack it in the big leagues, but I would rather see them called up and fail then be left wondering.

There is little to fear for us as fans because guys are only being called up fully when they are ready. Neville will probably move up by the Rumble, that he and Sami "worked it out" and that he put him over so strong will have given him great currency on the main roster. I can see Neville lifting the IC title very quickly to feud with Barrett. There is little left for AN to do on NXT now, like Rollins and Bo it's his time.

The Acension are also at that stage. They lost to Balor and Itami, but that won't hurt them at all. They'll lift the tag belts very quickly and probably hold them for best part of 2015.

Some however there is a concern. Someone like Tyler Breeze has been hanging around NXT that bit too long. He's ready but Mizdown taking off as it did perhaps ruined his chance to join with Miz. It may be that he replaces Sandow once the inevitable split happens.

For some like Belfort, Corbin and the like they are better where they are for the forseeable future, as are Hideo, Balor and Owens... let them build to the point they MUST put them up onto RAW...

Sami is more difficult, he is the only one who it could damage him, even winning the title could have... As the perrenial underdog he could work as the "face" of NXT for years... but we've seen it on the main roster time after time, most recently with Bryan... if the fans perceive him as "just another D-Bry" then the main roster could be choppy. Now he has the belt, he needs to find something else to be his main "thing"...

As has already been said, I like to see people with talent and determination get the chance to get to the big time and experience the rewards that come with it. I know pro wrestling is a tough business and there aren't very many places out there where there's a lot of money to be made doing it. WWE is obviously one of those places, possibly really the only one left, so it's natural to wanna see someone you're really into get the chance to make good. Of course, no matter what, we're not always gonna get what we want. In the grand scheme of things, however, the presence of fresh & interesting wrestlers like The Shield, The Wyatt Family, Paige, Cesaro have ultimately helped the main roster.

As a whole, I agree that NXT is the superior product at this point in time. At the same time, however, we all know that pretty much any company goes through a slump through the course of the year. For WWE, things almost always get slower in the last 3 or 4 months of the year but they always seem to pick back up when the new year begins and we head into WrestleMania season. Six months ago, the notion that NXT was better than the main roster is one that I don't think most people would agree with and I won't be at all surprised if the main roster is better in the minds of most once more within the next few months.

I've said it in a lot of different threads the past few months that the only real difference in the main & NXT rosters is the booking style. Again, Triple H is in charge of NXT while Vince makes the final call with the main roster. There's nothing going on in NXT that can't happen on the main roster. NXT has simple & effective storylines and storytelling, the wrestlers are used consistently in that they're not being pushed for a month and then jobbed out the next, women are portrayed as relevant competitors and they know how to slowly build a feud before delivering a satisfying climax. It can be done on the main roster and can be done quite easily. The problem is that they ultimately have to do with Vince McMahon wants and Vince is no longer stable or consistent. In my eyes, one reason why the overall quality of the main roster has gone down is because Vince is in a more "sports entertainment" frame of mind now than he's been in quite a while. There's been a lot more hokey comedy and general filler on Raw & SD! for the past several months than we've probably seen in the last year or so. Personally, I think it's because Vince has taken a bit more of a hands on role in what he wants to see take place whereas he wasn't so hands on before. Now while Vince ultimately okays everything that we see on Raw or SD!, it's usually pretty apparent when we see a segment that Vince definitely wanted to see happen. There's not a lot of the hokey "sports entertainment" comedy & filler in NXT but we all know that Vince enjoys such stuff.

If NXT is a genuine example of how WWE would be run under Triple H, then I'd personally love to see Vince step down soon. To some degree, I do think that Vince is out of touch, some of his comments on Austin's podcast were proof of that. Using Cesaro as an example, Cesaro was very much making a connection with the crowd despite Vince claiming otherwise. I'm not saying that Cesaro was the next Rock or anything like that, but fans were digging his schtick, they dug when he did the swing and they were all the more interested in his matches. However, if reports are accurate, Vince wanted to hold off on pushing Cesaro because he didn't want it to clash with Roman Reigns' upcoming push. As a result, Cesaro's momentum was halted and he's spent pretty much the 2nd half of 2014 floating around in mid-card limbo with no direction or purpose.

Personally that's what I want them to be as well. Obviously the best inring performances can be seen only in NXT and it got limited when it comes to the main roster. But that's not the point. I want them to hold some prestigious titles than NXT championship.

I just want them to make it to the main roster and get some titles. NXT isn't a separate brand yet. it worths being a separate brand but still it isn't. it's just another High class Indie program that you watch on TV every week. ofcourse titles and honours they would get in NXT as well. But holding a cruiserweight title in Lucha Libre isn't same as holding World Heavy Weight title on WWE!!!

There are a couple of fundamental differences that set NXT apart from the main roster.

1. They only have a PPV/Special Event 4 times a year. This means that they can build story lines and feuds.

2. The show is 1/3 as long as Raw, and it uses that time primarily for wrestling, and not for excessive promos, backstage segments, and recaps.

These two things have nothing to do with the performers and are strictly the way the shows are formatted, but it makes all the difference. You think Charlotte and Sasha Banks would ever get the opportunity to have a nearly year long feud of being friends and becoming enemies that culminates in a 20min match at a PPV? Highly unlikely. Instead, they would have some battle of who's crazier mixed in with some vaguely lesbian angle, and have a 2 min blow off match out of nowhere on Raw. Rinse repeat.

It has nothing to do with who gets called up. I could build a feud around Zach Ryder and Justin Gabriel and make people care, but whoever is in charge of the Raw format would simply never allow that to happen.

I too agree that if and when an NXT wrestler is ready they should move up. I thought that was the point of them going through development to begin with. Sure some of them will bomb, like Adam Rose and Emma but others have shone like the Shield and Wyatt's. Cesaro and Paige will find their groove and be just fine. And as for Cesaro not connecting with the fans, well I agree to a certain extent, he comes off aloof and a bit like a cold fish, but he can change that around. He doesn't connect with Vince and that's the problem.

The problems with the main roster are two fold. There are a few wrestlers that are past their sell by date. Show, Henry and Kane have all had wonderful careers, but it's time to move them out and bring in some much needed freshness. I don't think a lot of people would complain if they never saw Kane interfere in another match. I know I wouldn't. You also have the spectre of Vince McMahon who is out of touch with the fans, but won't relinquish control to HHH. All he has to do is see what an excellent job HHH has done with NXT, and just take a back seat.

I watched something on the network this week about Adrian Neville. He said his dream since he was a little boy was not to play football, he wanted to be a wrestler. He used to go to his aunt's to watching wrestling cause his mom wouldn't let him at home. He always wanted to wrestle in a WWE ring, and I'm sure he didn't mean an NXT ring. He wants to move up and he should, he's done everything he can in NXT. He's ready. Will he succeed, it's anyone's guess, but he has the skills, passion and love of the sport. I just worry that Vince will ruin a good thing.

Some of the others will become ready soon and they deserve the chance to try and make it. They all won't but that's okay. It's one thing to try and fail, than to have never tried at all. All they want is a chance to showcase their talents and if done properly, quite of few of them should make it. It's up the Vince and the fans.

Sorry a bit all over the place with this post, but bottom line is. These guys have worked hard, and deserve their chance to live their dream.

Right now I want my favorites to stay put in their wonderful, magical NXT bubble.

I want them to succeed, of course. I'm not selfish, just cautious. I want to keep seeing these guys in well booked programs, not doing non-comedy with Kathy Lee and Hoda.

If anyone from NXT deserves to be sent to the main roster, I would have to give that nod to their creative team. Their K.I.S.S. style booking is effective and THE key part of the success of NXT. Once I see that kind of improvement on Raw/Smackdown/PPV's, then I will feel comfortable when my precious internet darlings get a promotion.

I've spent months looking forward to the Asension's debut but just having seen their promo video, I don,t want to see them now :(.

I thought them being in a developmental promotion was the whole point of them making a name so they could get call up was the whole point you are in nxt. I would only imagine since nxt and new ecw cooked up big stars like cm punk or daniel Bryan, professional wrestling life continues as the wrestling gods smile upon Ambrose and Wyatt hell even the new day even though I am not fond of them yet

Of course. NXT will be fine regardless of people who get called up. It's only one hour and there is so many names they can use. Moreover, they have a long list of people that they can call up.

Moreover, if they are on the main roster it is better for their career. I mean look at Sami Zayn. How can you not want him to be successful? Also, he (and other names) will improve the quality of Raw/Smackdown. It's win/win.

Sure it might go wrong but it can go well too. Look at Bray, Harper, Rowan, Rusev, Reigns, Rollins. NXT is amazing but superstars CAN be a success on the main-roster. It just requires full backing from the WWE. In return, they get a better product and guys who will make them a lot of money.

The reason why I would like to see them get called up to the main roster is so that they can be introduced to people who don't already know who they are. Also, history will prove that these side shows like fcw, next, heat, velocity, ecw never last for very long and the reason why is because the company is constantly making changes for the better and I want my favorite nxt guys to move on before nxt does...

These guys need the bigger stage to show their skills. Raw, Smackdown, PPVs, Wrestlemania are these stages. The money is better there, the exposure, the fame etc. But, as a fan, I know most of these guys will not be utilized correctly. They will get stuck in the midcard most probably, with uninteresting storylines and no one paying attention to them, since the booking will be bad. If they make it to the main event, there will always be a Cena to take their spark away and bring the attention to himself.

Only reason we want to see them on the bigger stage is because we always hope for that change. We think that these guys will make the change, but it won't happen as long as Vince is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back