NXT Crowns Its First Women's Champion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This week's episode of NXT saw the finals of the tournament to determine the first NXT Women's Champion. The match opened the show and was made to feel like a significant event, including a video presentation, that put over the tourney and the two finalists.

The match itself was really well done with solid storytelling and two gals, namely Paige & Emma, that know what they're doing. The end result was Emma eating Paige's finisher, The Paige Turner, resulting in Paige, the Anti-Diva, becoming the first NXT Women's Champion. Paige showed genuine emotion after winning the match and Triple H came out to congratulate her by raising her hand and showing her off around the ring before bowing out and allowing her the spotlight. The hot Full Sail crowd helped seal the deal to make the match feel special.

In my opinion, it was definitely the right call to make. Paige has been consistently impressive in NXT both as a character and inside the ring, so this immediately gives some real credibility to the NXT Women's Championship. While it's true that this is all taking place in WWE's developmental system, to me, NXT is rife with examples of what WWE might well be like under Triple H.

Paige might not be brought up to the main roster anytime soon, she's only 20 years old, but she's most definitely on the right track and is a promising example of what the future of women's wrestling in WWE COULD be.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

It couldn't have gone on someone better. Paige is probably the next Trish Stratus in terms of pure talent in a womens division and marketability. She's hot as hell, can actually wrestle, "alternative" looking in terms of regular divas, and comes from a wrestling family.

They should have been signing divas like her years ago, unfortunately the division suffers the same fate as the main male roster used to - hiring attractive people with "the look" instead of people with fundamental talent and the right work ethic.

More power to her.

Definitely the right move. She's really over with the NXT crowd, she's great in the ring and she's only going to be getting better for years to come. She can have a heated rivalry with Summer Rae, or continue to have a friendly rivalry with Emma. They could also bring down some lesser divas from the main roster to put Paige over, like they do occasionally for the NXT champion.

Paige is gold and I'm really looking forward to seeing where she goes from here. Already the NXT Divas title has as much credibility as the actual Divas title.

Paige turns 21 next month though, not even a full month away. The whole 21 rule is stupid anyways since Paige could probably out wrestle some of the guys WWE has on the main roster.

I have been thinking for awhile that if The Shield is going to be kept around for awhile (I have a feeling their break-up will be soon after SummerSlam) that they should bring her up and let her join to terrorize the Diva's like The Shield does the guys. She would fit in perfectly with the guys.

It's a smart move on the E's part, it's preparing her for future life as the main Diva wrestling wise. WWE will always hire Tits & Ass but they clearly expect them to learn to wrestle and with the vast experience Paige already has, she's gonna be well placed to help them do that.

Too much is being made of her being kept off the roster cos she's too young... It's not a stupid thing at all - If she were a guy, the E' would be looking for College education and wouldn't hire a 20 year old unless they are exceptional or a legacy pledge from a legend like Richie Steamboat or Bo Dallas.

That Paige is 20 and has years of experience and her unique upbringing on the UK scene will only help her going forward in the ring but it isn't enough to walk onto live RAW's and PPV's in itself or a full time road schedule with it's associated pitfalls (even Lita, good as she was fell foul of life on the road). She could stay in NXT for 2 more years and not "lose" by it... her path is pretty much assured as long as she stays healthy, patient and hardworking. Let them get the comebacks of people like Stacy Keibler out of the way before they relaunch the Diva's in Paige's image - when she is a little older, wiser and more worldly and ready to handle the pressures of becoming the top woman in the business (AJ is there now, but Paige is already better, that's the scary part)

I found a clip, sot of a fan made highlight reel of the match, on YouTube just few minutes ago. It doesn't show the entire match and it's set to some sort of rock music. Eventually, someone will probably upload the whole thing to the site. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnYqnzgllVE

The match itself lasts about 10-11 minutes as a whole but person who made this did a good job of compressing it down and kept the flow completely smooth. It doesn't look like it just jumps from one spot in the match to another like some cutaway in a movie scene. I haven't had much of a chance to watch Emma but I thought she looked really good here.

[YOUTUBE]bUHVjujz4ZI&[/YOUTUBE]
I uploaded the match, hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. I've been a fan of Paige for over a year now, I've seen a lot from her and her family believe it or not. She is being groomed to be the number one Diva, or at least a top one in the business that can actually go in the ring and have that fantastic top matches with anybody. This is a great signing for the WWE it really is and to me, it's putting female wrestling on the map again. I like her attitude, I like her style and most of all, I think Paige is a great in-ring performer.

But that match was great in part, of course, thanks to her opponent being a 10 year veteran now. Yes, Emma has been wrestling and training since 2003, she has a good look, however she doesn't own that psychology effect like Paige already does. In many ways she really makes me remember of a female Lance Storm (Lance trained her too). However, even though Paige is the best all around female athlete WWE has, it will not be Paige the one to be called up, and that's just because of her age, those are Jim Ross words and he's a very big influence in the developmental system so take that for granted. Emma is 24 so she will be called up soon while Paige is going to stay there for some years, which to me is sad because she's READY.

Good match I like it...

HHH has really set on sight to make women more then just eyecandys so I am looking forward of all those potential I saw today. If they get proper TV time for Divas could be good division and not just something that people look at to as "bathroom brake" stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back