• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT 5 Fathers and Sons Good or Bad idea?

Rulk25

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok the idea being thrown around is using 2or 3rd generation kids and their Dads for the Pros for NXT season 5. This would presumably mean these guys
Wes Brisco-Gerald Brisco
Brett Dibiase-Ted Dibiase
Bo Rotunda-IRS
Richie Steamboat-Ricky the Dragon

and then the only 3 others I can see are
Joe Anoai and Sika
Tito and Carlos Colon
and
Shane Canterbury the Hog Farmer Henry Godwinn

What do you think

IMO it will not wokr as one way to make the season last longer without the same guys fighting each and every weak is tag teams, and pros versus rookies. But can you imagine Ted with his broken neck getting in the ring...or imagine the damage to your career if you cant even beat a 60 year old Jerry Brisco. So unless they bring in a surrogate to work with them wrestling wise I dont see how this works

To moderators Maybe I am blind but it seems like the NXT forum has vanished so I put this here but feel free to move it if I am so blind

In theory it's an adorable idea. Daddy going out teaching his son the ins and outs of showmanship and the like. I would like to see it. There obviously wouldn't be any rookie-pro matches but they have a whole roster of names they can pull to be on NXT. I wouldn't worry too much about them not having people to wrestle,there's practically a seperate roster on Superstars alone.

This is a fantastic idea. I have been pitching for this idea on WZ for months. I am glad to see this and if it happens I might actually watch NXT. I think this would have worked better if they did this for the second season of NXT. I think the ratings would of increased a bit. I like this idea as it gives the legends something to do and will automatically make there sons look better. I just hope that they don't have different names like Harris and Mcguillicutty. That would just be ridiculous especially with there dads there. Overall, I like the idea but I think it should have came earlier. With Tough Enough coming up, people aren't going to care for this. I don't mind it but I think it should deffinately be the final season and NXT should never be spoken of again.

I think this will be very interesting. I'll be cheering for Richie Steamboat. You also forgot Donny Marlow and his father Haku.

I think it's the best idea they've had yet. Season one was compelling because it was new, two was compelling because of the level of talent they had... and then it fell off. I haven't watched a single episode of Season 4 because it's boring and old. I'll just wait for the winner to show up on WWETV and to hell with the rest of them.

Pairing up the fathers and sons will be cool because you'll get to see the legends. It will bring a classic feel to NXT and it will give the rookies a better background than when they were paired with random pros. We learn nothing about McGilicutty being paired with Kofi, but if he was paired with Mr. Perfect (I know this is clearly impossible, but just humor me), we would know that he's probably got a cocky streak in him, or maybe had to try to break out of his father's perfect shadow his entire life.

I think it's a great idea! We'll see how the execution goes, but this could be a really fun show. I didn't watch at all the last two seasons, but I will tune in to see how this goes. This is a great use for the legends, to see them impart wisdom, guiding their sons along. I don't really need to see Mike Rotunda wrestle, but to see him as a mentor/trainer/manager type role could be fun.

I think it is a good idea. If you want a guy's family legacy to be an intrical part of their gimmick or existence, it's an awesome idea.

I always like when wrestlers are billed as, so and so's son and what not. I think it would help Perfect Jr. I hate even attempting to spell his stupid name. He should be known as Joe Hennig now, and this whole time.

I think the legacy of one's family around a guy is a good thing. Mr. Perfect's dad, Larry Hennig was always mentioned during Perfect's matches. The ties between the Hart's, The Samoan Heritage, The Guerrero's, The Orton's and many more, are a great way to show or tell people that they belong in this business and have a hereditary tie to it.

NXT as it currently is being produced needs to die . It's not entertaining, Matt Striker couldn't host a shit conference in a sewerage plant.

It has little to do with anything relating to what they will be doing as "WWE superstars"
all it is is a 1hr filler. Tough Enough was atleast based on wrestling training not stupid popularity contests which aren't even fan voted anyway

NXT R.I.P

I love this idea! It makes a lot of sense and could be very entertaining. Hopefully it pans out.
After season 5, I think it maybe time to end the show. With Tough Enough and the Diva search both returning, NXT isn't needed. WWE is going with the youth movement but they can really overdue it if they have 3 shows devoted too it on top of the main shows (RAW, Smackdown and Superstars).

I look forward to seeing some of the legends being proud of their sons but also kicking their ass for being foolish haha

I think it should be a good idea if executed well. It is always fun to see legends of the industry on back on TV so in having guys like Ted Dibiase and Ricky Steamboat on TV week in and week out for a few months can only be good, if only for a bit of nostalgia. You can play up some of the fathers past feuds with each other and have them spill over to their sons. It is also a good push for the sons, it makes them look great to have someone like a Ricky Steamboat, one of the best of all time, say that you are good.

All in all this should be a fun idea.

I think it's a good idea, it will be interesting to see how they handle the matches. Like other posters have said I also think they'll have younger guys do matches in place of the pros. I wouldn't mind seeing legends like Dibiase, Brisco, Rotunda, and Steamboat every week. I just don't want to see them wrestle. Most of them are too beat up or too old to wrestle. At least in doing this the chances are better they wont change their names. I never understood why they would say Joe Hennig is the son of Curt Henning. Only to call him Michael McGillicutty. Same goes for Husky Harris.

Its a good idea they have the people for it, but I don't see Carlos Colon doing it because he owns and runs WWC in Puerto Rico and the traveling may be hard at his age. And to bad Alberto Del Rio ain't Dos Caras because his uncle Mil Mascara could had played his daddy, imagine Los Colon's vs Dos and Mil. These 2 old guys are still in good shape and can still go in the ring and no not like Flair and Foley. And WWE should bring NXT 5 back to TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back