NWA champion

drgnerth

Dark Match Winner
Do you think Christian is big enough to be NWA champion? It seems anytime a new guy comes to TNA they get the belt which feels so setup. Does this bother anyone else?

I think Christian is good as NWA Champ. Anyone is better then Jeff Jarrett. I would like to see someone like Abyss, or The Truth get the belt though.

ya right when rhyno came he got the belt which was stupid, i don't wanna see christian as champ anymore, i want joe to be champ for a little bit

I like Christian as the champ, but I'd like to eventually see Sting have a good run with the title, then lose it to Samoa Joe or AJ Styles. Sting deserves to have the belt at least once in TNA, and beating him would make Joe or Styles stand out a lot more to older wrestling fans who are new to TNA.

It's still said not to see Christian in WWE anymore but he's great as champ. They have some main eventers sohow bout Sting to be champ or even Kevin Nash?

AJ Styles and Truth have both been NWA champ. So I don't think Christian is too small.

Unless you meant in popularity and then... well, he's definitely not too small.

However, I think Christian getting the belt so soon upon arrival in TNA was dumb. Basically it told the world, "A WWE midcarder is good enough to shoot to the top in TNA". Argue all you want about WWE misusing Christian, but that doesn't change anything. He should have had to work a lot harder to get his shot.

Plus, him getting it so soon just seems like they are fulfilling a contract guarentee.

Nevertheless, I like this King of the Mountain thing they got going on with 9 people in the title hunt. I think the belt needs to go back on Raven (I haven't watched tonight's show yet, so don't jump on me if this is now impossible). The way he lost the belt to Jarret for the Spike TV launch was kinda weak.

While I agree that putting the title on any former WWE star who happens to join the promotion is unwise, Christian has done a lot to raise the profle of TNA. The fact that he wasn't released by WWE, but decided to jump of his own volition also lends him some credibility. However, I would like to see Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Chris Sabin as NWA champ, as opposed to some WWE mid-carder, in the future.

TNA do seem to be dealing with the NWA World Title too lightly. It used to be the most prostigious title around, now it seems to be thrown around willy nilly.

I do feel that Christian however is a good representitive of the NWA World Title, and easily fits in with the past holders of the title from before TNA. It was too soon to put it on him, dont get me wrong, but he does deserve the title.

To some it might seem that a WWE midcard is good enough to be TNA's main event star, but to me and others it shows how much of a wasted talent Christian was in WWE. No one can say Christian isnt main event class and no one can say he doesnt deserve to be.

Do you mean big as in size or big as in name recognition? Christian is not the biggest guy, but he is just as big as or bigger than other recent NWA champions (Jarrett, Styles, and Raven). Christian is also one of the more recognizable names in TNA currently, so he is 2/2.

Christian is entertaining. I'm glad that he's the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, but I agree that he won the title far too soon. It's like he jumped from WWE and went straight to TNA, had about two matches; one being a Tag match and one being a number one contendership match. Boom, next thing you know, he beats Jeff Jarrett and becomes new NWA Champ. That kind of smacks the Abyss and Monty Brown in their faces, since those two guys have been fighting for the title for a long time. It doesn't mean that I think those two guys should be the Champions right now, but I think Christian should've spent time working more matches before getting anywhere near the title, regardless of how much he deserved it or not. Guys like Christopher Daniels never got to hold the belt either and they've been in TNA far longer than Christian. I like Christian as the Champion, but I would've liked it more if he won it later on. A Samoa Joe title reign would be pretty big, but I'm kind of tired of the whole 'unbeaten streak' thing now. It's kind of getting old in my opinion.

Anyway, other than that, Christian's pretty much got it all. He's not just another WWE reject or mid-carder. He has more charisma and talent than 80% of the WWE right now. He did everything in the WWE too, except hold the World Heavyweight title, but so what? He held the World Tag title enough times and even won the Light-Heavyweight title in his debut match. Now he's the NWA World Champion, so more power to him.

Rhino got it just because Nash was injured like right before the event so they needed a quick fix. Christian is good though, he has everything the people want in a champ and he's an all-round good athlete.

Maybe TNA made Christain TNA champ so soon because they want other mid-cards like Shelton and Matt Dardy to come to TNA and show them they could be big here.

Christian is good as a heel, that simple, turn him heel and it will work with him with teh belt, I am not that interested in TNA anymore because they dont even seem to focus on the title unless its around Jarretts waist, same thing WWE's been doing for years with HHH.

At least WWE is almost watchable at the moment because of the ECW storyline.

drgnerth said:
Do you think Christian is big enough to be NWA champion? It seems anytime a new guy comes to TNA they get the belt which feels so setup. Does this bother anyone else?
He is fine, but what they need to do is have him hold it for 5 to 6 months, these 2 to 3 month champs hurt the company and the belt.

I Hope Raven, the Truth or Sting win at Slammiversary. then it would be good to see samoa joe give up the X title and Win the world title.:raven:

drgnerth said:

I think tna made him champ to quick.

one of the biggest pushes i think ive seen in a while.

WWE should have pushed him he was getting huge crowd reaction.

Christian is good....but i think TNA didnt do enough with him. Why does he only have matches at PPV's? If it were me, Christain would be fighting on almost every IMPACT to show the fans that hes not just a mid-card wrestler.

Christian is Ok, he should help with the XD by winning that title, Sting is the Ideal champ right now!
Abyss-needs more development (he needs to fight nash, raven ect and win b4 he gets enough credibility)
Steiner-NO too much wcw
JJ-good champ great on the mic, but needs to take a break from it, get it back in a year or so.
Truth-needs dev.
Raven-hes OK
Rhyno-OK
Nash-OK great on the MIC!!
NOT AJ, CD, or any of them yet! then need to work on XD and get built up a little better

i hope abyss wins. i have followed his career for about ten years i think he deserves this.the only other person that should have the title right now is probably.....truth i mean since 3lk split up he has just kinda been there he needs direction at least for a little bit anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back