• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Non - Title Matches

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is NOT for the Undisputed WWE / World Heavyweight / ECW Championship…

Is it just me, or are Non – Title matches pointless?? Why do we have a Champion competing in a Non – Title match?? He or she is the Title holder. I understand that if a challenger beats a Champ in a Non – Title match, they almost automatically become the number 1 contender, but wouldn’t it be a better idea to have two challengers for the Title face each other for the spot instead?? Doing things this way keeps the Champ credible by not taking a loss and gives a third Superstar exposure and, of course the possible surprise win, moving past the Star who “should” have been the next challenger. On the flip side, if the Champ wins anyway, what difference did it make to make it Non – Title??

They're not pointless at all. If anything there aren't enough non-title matches for a champion. His title shouldn't be defened all the time. His title should only be defended against the best.

It annoys me that you have legacy beat the colons to gain the right to face the colons in a tag title match, that's annoying.

But non title matches do make it a bit more interesting...for example champ cena v Miz, title on the line...you KNOW cena will win, but if it's a non title match you know it can go either way.

I don’t know. I think a Champ should only fight in PPVs. It should be an added incentive to being Champion. What does Cena being Champ and losing to the Miz in a Non – Title match accomplish?? Put the Miz in a match against M. V. P. instead and have the winner face the Champ. This would give the Champ an advantage by having “rest” and it gives the Title importance by it not being defended on free TV. Non – Title matches, to me, are there if nothing else is and there is always something else there as far as Stars and matches. I guess I’m just thinking back to the 80s where Hulk Hogan never defended the WWE Title on Saturday mornings, let alone even show up for a Non – Title match before lunch on the weekend. I just think this would give PPVs more value and makes the Champs look more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back