• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NOC: Tag Title Turmoil... poor match

wrestlingking

now all we need is some rape bait!
I was there live in person to see this match. It looked bad in person. It was also a let down in the teams picked. You only had 2 legit tag teams in the match! It should have been Harts vs. Usos Vs Dudebusters Vs Gate Crashers Vs. Nexus (gabriel & slater). WWE has NO creative skills when thinking of the tag division, oh wait they dont have one. The Uso Brothers should have at least walked out champions. Now the tag titles are on 2 singles wrestlers again. Whats the point having tag team titles anyways in wwe these days? Rhodes/McIntyre should be fueding for the IC title.

i actually like the tag team of cody and drew. they have great chemisty and i dont agree with you only cody should be in the i.c title picture mcintyre sucks. i know ill probably get bashed for it but i dont care the dude is terrible on the mic and its hard to get into his promos

This match wasn't even advertised, so I really don't mind that there were smaller teams in it. To me, the Usos were buried right from the get-go, and it'll take a lot of work if WWE wants to get them over in the future. Kozlov and Santino, like it or not, were the most over team in that whole match. I'd say even more-so than the Harts. I don't mind a good comedy team. Bourne and Henry are a team? OK.

I think the point of McIntyre and Rhodes being a team and ultimately winning the belts is so WWE can push them on both RAW and Smackdown. These are two guys WWE is really behind right now and wants to elevate to the next level within the next year or two. If they can give them big time exposure on both brands, it'll help them right along. A good example is Miz and Morrison. For a while, it seemed like they were on all three brands, and the exposure did them wonders. Hopefully it has the same effect for Rhodes and McIntyre.

yes the match should have been alot better. Harts, Usos, Kozlov and Santino (real tagteam now), gatecrashers, and yes nexus should do something with the tagteam division. i dont mind having rhodes and drew together but they've won 2 matches together and have now been in all of 3 tagteam matches. how are we supposed to believe they are legitamit?

I dont know I actually liked this match...The Harts lost right away which was cool knowing there would be new champs...I expected Rhodes and Mcintyre to win but for a second i thought Henry and Bourne might pull it off. Those two make a good odd couple team...kinda like Xpac and Kane back in the day just on a lesser scale. Since the WWE has no tag team division I liked what they did here. At least it was different and they tried something new with some new teams...lets just see where they go from here.

I actually saw this match as elevating the Usos in a way. They eliminated the champions and Kozlov/Santino. They looked pretty strong here considering the fact they have been jobbing the past couple of weeks. I do agree the Gatecrashers should have been in this match and the Usos deserved a win here. As for our new champions, they have chemistry together and it will be interesting to see if something happens with Nexus now!

This match wasn't even advertised, so I really don't mind that there were smaller teams in it. To me, the Usos were buried right from the get-go, and it'll take a lot of work if WWE wants to get them over in the future. Kozlov and Santino, like it or not, were the most over team in that whole match. I'd say even more-so than the Harts. I don't mind a good comedy team. Bourne and Henry are a team? OK.

I think the point of McIntyre and Rhodes being a team and ultimately winning the belts is so WWE can push them on both RAW and Smackdown. These are two guys WWE is really behind right now and wants to elevate to the next level within the next year or two. If they can give them big time exposure on both brands, it'll help them right along. A good example is Miz and Morrison. For a while, it seemed like they were on all three brands, and the exposure did them wonders. Hopefully it has the same effect for Rhodes and McIntyre.

i think it will give them more exposure and it will give the tag team championships more exposure. i think the match should a been between The Hart Dynasty, The Usos, The Gatecrashers, The Dudebusters, and Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre. and i think after nexus is over justin gabriel should team with evan bourne and then they should sign bourne's brother and after he is done with developmental and ready to be in the wwe, gabriel should go to singles wrestling and evan should team with his brother and give evan's brother a name with his last name being bourne and to come up with a first name that would fit.(maybe Jason Bourne like from "The Bourne Identity" and all of those movies!!!)lol

In all though, I did enjoy seeing new tag team champions. Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre are at least shown on tv so maybe we'll finally be able to see the champions now. It also looks now that the titles are listed on the smackdown roster side.

and the harts didnt get over at all with the fans. Santlov gotover with the croud though. get it, Santlov? lol

What was the point of making it a turmoil match? If Rhodes and McIntyre were walking out champs why not just make it Hart Dynasty vs. Rhodes and McIntyre. The Dynasty just lost to them on Smackdown so it would be reasonable to think they would get a title shot at the ppv. The other teams weren't necessary. I guess WWE wanted to give Mark Henry and Evan Bourne that title shot that they've coveted for so long :rolleyes:

:shrug:And you know the thing that tickes me off?

It was so easy to do. :shrug:

Why they didnt have hart dynasty cutting some promos and watching teams at ringside i do not know.

Why they didnt have the usos attacking dudebusters in a promo or the gatecrashers to prove who should get the title shot i do not know.

Why the match wasnt hyped I DO NOT KNOW.

Tag team wrestling is huge in wrestling. Its fun, enjoyable and athletic competition. All companies have problems with their division. But if u go with basics and build your way up, thats how you GET BETTER. :banghead:

Tag team turmoil? Why?

Drew mcintyre and cody rhodes: I get that, ok, fair enough, but wheres the link? Whats the team name? Tag team finisher? Desire to win? Where is it?

Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster sexay were two random guys. Doing little much, but they formed a link. That link was that they loved to dance! Their attire was similar! They created their own identity. Teams dont have that nowadays. Id have loved the harts to face gatecrashers. Its a solid team. Put em in a falls count anywhere tag match!

I just dont get why there isnt a focus on tag team wrestling. They sometimes pair the wrong people. Its getting messy.

Evan bourne and mark henry? Ok. They had some interactions. Why the FUCK not evan bourne and yoshi tatsu? WHY NOT? :banghead:They r both on raw!
They are high flyers! They woo the crowd! They are over! So why not add some high flyers in your division? Who needs the worlds slowest man? NO ONE!

FUCK!

FUCK!

:banghead:

Thats my only complaint from wwe atm. Fix this

Another thing, im tired of people saying how TLC 2009 had a tag team match main event when at the time people still bitched at how crap the division was. Make ya minds up.

I ultimately agree that the Gatecrashers and Dudebusters should have been in this match, maybe even Nexus, but I'm OK with them not making it b/c as was said, this match wasn't even advertised. What bothers me is that the Hart Dynasty got absolutely buried. If this was just a regular tag match against the Usos, THD would have lost, is what this match is saying. It makes them look terribly weak. Where do they go from here? They get a rematch obviously, but it doesn't appear that they're going to win the belts back. Anyway, as far as the other teams, The Usos looked very good here, eliminating the champions and then Kozlov/Santino. A nice little step back into relevancy for them. Mark Henry shouldn't be given so much credit, but Bourne deserves face time on a PPV, so I'm OK with him and Henry putting down the Usos. Rhodes/McIntyre will work as a team, but they should have come in the match earlier. Instead, they were only in to beat Bourne and Henry; it doesn't make them look good when they only needed 1 pinfall to win the belts and it wasn't even against the defending champions. I'm sure they'll be booked strong and this won't matter, but it still was odd to me.

Ultimately, I'm going to stay optimistic as a whole and hope that the WWE uses this title change to spark the tag division. But THD looks to be approaching dark times now that Bret isn't going to be a major face on the airwaves anymore.

wwe cant fix their dead tag division. they have nobody creative workin to make it alive. Let's see if anything good finally happen with the tag titles or will they be in singles matches still?

I wouldn’t say it was a poor match. I mean, it accomplished what it set out to do and that was to crown some new Champions. However, what I would say is poor about the match is the result.

Now, don’t get me wrong, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre could use this win as much as the next guy but I was pinning my hopes on Evan Bourne and Mark Henry finally getting some sort of recognition that they were on the right track. When they got past the Uso’s, I was certain that they would have won but to give the win to Drew and Cody just disappoints me. In my opinion, both Drew and Cody have enough going on in their lives that they don’t actually need the Tag Team Championships. Rather, I feel as though both of them could have gone on to face Dolph Ziggler and be pretty solid mid-card talent.

Giving the Tag Championships to Bourne and Henry would have made much more sense to me and would have probably propelled them into some sort of form. It could have perhaps built them into better mid-card talents. Now though, I fear the worst for both of them if they are not competing for the Tag Championships post-NoC. The one good thing about Cody and Drew winning the Championships is that they can now appear on Raw and get some better notoriety. Of course, the same could have been said for Henry and Bourne and would have perhaps worked better for the, Moving them to Smackdown as Tag Champions could have given us a taster to see if they would have been any more successful on a “lesser” show.

Giving the Tag Championships to Bourne and Henry would have made much more sense to me and would have probably propelled them into some sort of form. It could have perhaps built them into better mid-card talents. Now though, I fear the worst for both of them if they are not competing for the Tag Championships post-NoC. The one good thing about Cody and Drew winning the Championships is that they can now appear on Raw and get some better notoriety. Of course, the same could have been said for Henry and Bourne and would have perhaps worked better for the, Moving them to Smackdown as Tag Champions could have given us a taster to see if they would have been any more successful on a “lesser” show.

You have a point here, but I wish they would have some history of teaming up before getting the titles or a title shot. Nobody seems to notice that wrestler's don't earn their title shots anymore. Rhodes & McIntyre got a match with the champions on Smackdown and during the match Grisham pointed out how this was the first time they were teaming up. If it's their first time teaming up why are they in the ring with the champs? Whatever happened to builiding a team up? I'm not saying they need to be built for any real length of time. I realize things move at a faster pace nowadays, but I would think a new team should have a few matches together before getting in the ring with the champs.

It was horrible, specially because they pretended to hold a tag team turmoil when they don't even have tag teams!!!!

Santino and Kozlov???!!! please!, McINTYRE AND RHODES?????!!!! they have been a team for what? since smackdown this past friday night??? damn it! what a disaster.

I don't know what WWE really wants to do with the "tag team division" but one thing is clear, vince doesn't want to focus in tag teams anymore.

To everyone saying the Dudebusters and Gate Crashers shoulda been in the match... I'm not sure they necessarily needed to be. These are teams that really don't need to lose right now, as they are still in the process of being pushed. If you put in a couple of jobber teams, you don't hurt your teams you are trying to push.

I don't care..lmfao..Hart Dynasty wern't reallty helping the tag division..I hope they would..but now we have 2 young heels from Smackdown holding the titles..much better...sure they are thrown together..but as long as they have great chemistry..it doesn't matter..just like Jericho and Big Show..they had some great chemistry!!

McRhodes all the way!!! I thought the Hart Dynasty should have just had a straight up 2-on-2 tag team match with thee guys. They had a great match on Smackdown. It sucked THD lost right away, but I'm so down for the deadly combination of McRhodes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back