No Taker or Cena: Is this an experiment?

Yeah, they did the whole supernatural thing with Taker but he never showed up in person to confront Kane or cut a promo. For this year, however, there hasn't been anything whatsoever. No lightning, no lights going out, not even the lights dimming. I guess there was always Taker's "presence" at the very least but there hasn't even been that this time around.

The difference back at WMXX was that Taker was far off retirement, was only off-screen for storyline reasons (he was still regularly on SD every week before getting Buried Alive by Kane at SS).

The reason that Taker's non-response is more worrying is that he gave indication at the end of WM33 that he was retiring. We haven't heard from him, so there is more possibility that he may not do the match at all, whereas at WMXX, that was never under question.

The difference back at WMXX was that Taker was far off retirement, was only off-screen for storyline reasons (he was still regularly on SD every week before getting Buried Alive by Kane at SS).

The reason that Taker's non-response is more worrying is that he gave indication at the end of WM33 that he was retiring. We haven't heard from him, so there is more possibility that he may not do the match at all, whereas at WMXX, that was never under question.

Thé other Things that we need to take under consideration was his speech at raw 25 and the fact he could barely walk. That speech gave me the impression that as far as in ring competition, he was done. I'm not really against the fact that they do some sort of altercation on Sunday between the 2 but if he looks as bad as he did on raw 25, I don't see how they could pull of a match.

So let me get this straight. The WWE allowed John Cena to go on their airwaves, with their microphone, so that he could bash one of the most profitable acts in the company's history - a guy who still remains in good standing, and whose lack of loyalty could've led to the WWE going bankrupt in 1997? While doing this, no one in the WWE thought to cut his microphone, cut to commercial, or to discipline Cena. Instead, they gave him that same microphone, on those same airways, the very next week so that he could further trash one of the company's most profitable intellectual properties.

And some of you don't think there's going to be a match at Wrestlemania because you didnt' like how The Undertaker was moving 10 weeks ago?

Some of you actually think that the WWE would spend weeks teasing a match at Wrestlemania that isn't going to happen?

Some of you actually think that the WWE preferred to use Cena - their biggest box office attraction - as a decoy as opposed to giving him a match at Wrestlemania?

All I can say is this... Vegas is taking bets on this match. If you actually believe that The Undertaker isn't going to wrestle at Wrestlemania, then go ahead and bet your house. Just don't complain on Monday when you're homeless.

What is weird to me is not announcing it. Whole selling point of the match should be "Come to Wrestlemania where two of the biggest ever would clash". Should be but instead is "Come to Wrestlemania where they may or may not clash". From the business standpoint its not really good strategy to a match that could sell Wrestlemania alone if its advertised properly. Then again, as I said before, whole thing about this is weird. Taker RAW 25 promo, Cena calling Taker and him not even responding, not even announcing it properly etc.

yeah the match will happen. Cena calls him out one more time and he comes. I think one reason they are doing it this way, is they of course dont wanna overshadow Roman. this WM is built around him and winning the title

That was as lame as the Undertakers hip.

I would have rather seen Elias destroy Cena, at least that
wouldn't have been predictable.

This was the perfect way to do this. Taker gets to leave looking dominant and the fans goes crazy for a taker return. Congrats to wwe for creating this story they became a classic mania moment that fans will remember for years to come.

Easily one of the worse buildups of all time and easily one of the worse WrestleMania matches of all time. Cena acted goofy throughout the whole thing and like he didn't want anything to do with it from the start. It's obvious that he's checked out and is only there to collect checks. He's nothing more than a part time jobber now.

Easily one of the worse buildups of all time and easily one of the worse WrestleMania matches of all time. Cena acted goofy throughout the whole thing and like he didn't want anything to do with it from the start.

I can't agree more.

It's obvious that he's checked out and is only there to collect checks. He's nothing more than a part time jobber now.

I don't know if Cena cares about the checks but he is clearly not the talent he was a year or so ago.

I will make a prediction right now.

John Cena v The Undertaker II at Wrestlemania 35.

I think that this angle is similar to the Cena v Rock angle from WM27-28.

Cena may come out tomorrow night and say that he wants another match with Undertaker, and he will give him a lot of time to accept. He has a year to accept the challenge- at WM35.

This way, you get time for a proper build-up, and you will then get a proper match, with lots of promotion.

Instead of not knowing if the match will happen, it will be talked about for the next year.

Think about it. The rumors are that Undertaker will headline the Hall-Of-Fame class of 2019. So, if this is the case, then I tip that, two nights after going into the HoF, he will have a Career v Career match at Wrestlemania against John Cena.

Also, Cena isn't always there, so it might not be talked about every week, but now and then, Cena will mention the Wrestlemania 35 match.

If there is nothing more that happens, I will be more pissed off than any of you are now. But I think that this match tonight was a "taster" to the main course at WM35.

I don't know what some fans we're expecting with this. Taker can't do 25/40 minutes classics anymore. This was made to get a huge pop from the mania crowd and to make taker look like a dominant phenom before he can ride into the sunset for ever which I think that's was taker's last ride.

This was a awesome build and will become a mania moment classic for years to comes and I'm hoping that fans that wanted to see taker have a actual match realize how great the moment was.

The whole angle was lame. Cena's career seems to be on the down fall.. I wouldn't be interested in a rematch between the two. They are about 2-3 years too late on this.

If you are interested in nostalgia with Taker..Just have him show up at Wm as a surprise and choke slam a couple of the low end guys and the crowd would go ape shit. You don't have to book a lame match like this.

My prediction. Cena vs. Taker will happen but only after Cena does a promo during WM. Taker will come and wrestle Cena. Taker wins in an 8 min match. Taker's final match is a WM win and Cena turns heel losing to the Taker.

Called it ... ok the match was less than 8 mins but you get the idea ;)

I will make a prediction right now.

John Cena v The Undertaker II at Wrestlemania 35.

I think that this angle is similar to the Cena v Rock angle from WM27-28.

Cena may come out tomorrow night and say that he wants another match with Undertaker, and he will give him a lot of time to accept. He has a year to accept the challenge- at WM35.

This way, you get time for a proper build-up, and you will then get a proper match, with lots of promotion.

Instead of not knowing if the match will happen, it will be talked about for the next year.

Think about it. The rumors are that Undertaker will headline the Hall-Of-Fame class of 2019. So, if this is the case, then I tip that, two nights after going into the HoF, he will have a Career v Career match at Wrestlemania against John Cena.

Also, Cena isn't always there, so it might not be talked about every week, but now and then, Cena will mention the Wrestlemania 35 match.

If there is nothing more that happens, I will be more pissed off than any of you are now. But I think that this match tonight was a "taster" to the main course at WM35.

I would like to see this story unfold, UNDER ONE CONDITION...The match at 35 has to end in a double count-out
Make the match Career Vs Career in a Last Man Standing. have a 20-30 minute match(if Taker can go that long) but have BOTH MEN UNABLE TO ANSWER THE 10 Count.
We get a double retirement and Cena can continue in Hollywood all while making very sporadic appearances for WWE for the first couple years

Im usually one who tries to stay positive and not comolain too much about wwe. With that being said Im aure mania was profitable as always and of course drew a large crowd. But I will say this years wrestlemania was absolute crap. Not only for taker cena but to go the entire year booking Reigns to beat Lesnar then change their mind just for shock factor or because Lesnar resigned still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back