• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ninja Turtles

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
According to G4 a live action Ninja Turtles movie is in the works. Fuck cgi and computer animation, it's all about people in giant turtle suits. This is the greatest news I've heard in a while.

YES!!!

Another TMNT movie? Yawn.

Now you listen up and you listen up good. You do not diss the Turtles. Not in my presence, not in your presence, not in anyone's presence! Anything Ninja Turtle news related is automatically the best news ever. You need to siddown, eat some pizza, and shut the shell up!

COWABUNGA

The live action part is the best part of the news. The Ninja Turtles are always great but the live action movies were all easily better then the TMNT movie from 2007.

FUCK YES!!! I sincerely hope they get somebody like Guillermo Del Toro to direct, that guy did an amazing job with Hellboy, & I think if he used a similar feel to TMNT it would be a very fun, & awesome movie.

Great news as long as it's not too kid-friendly. The first film was just about as good as it could be and the scene with an unconcious Raph in the bath being watched over by Leo always resonated with me for the sense of family that's so important to the these films.

Yeah, I would love to see TMNT take the Batman route and add a more serious tone to the franchise with the live action films. Don't get me wrong, keep the humor, but also dwell into how these guys want to be human more than anything, but will never be able to be so. Imagine how depressing that has to be.

And let's face it, kids today don't give a fuck about the Ninja Turtles. They should definitely cater to the adults who grew up watching the show/movies, like us.

Don't get me wrong guys, I love TMNT. I have been fan since I was a wee little boy. But the 2007 film was just horrible. I hope this film coming up is hella better than the last one. Because, the old 80's movies were awesome because of how loyal they were to the comics.

Cowabunga, dudes!

Great news as long as it's not too kid-friendly.

Yeah, I would love to see TMNT take the Batman route and add a more serious tone to the franchise with the live action films.

And let's face it, kids today don't give a fuck about the Ninja Turtles. They should definitely cater to the adults who grew up watching the show/movies, like us.

Yeah...I disagree completely with both of you completely. I don't want a bunch of cussing Turtles, lots of blood, etc. I want the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles we knew growing up.

Why do people think "kid-friendly" and "high quality" are antonyms?

I want it to be similar to the first three live action movies from the early 90's. Those were a perfect balance of action, comedy, and storytelling.

Барбоса;3517902 said:
Because Hollywood itself seems to think that they are? Disney/Pixar is seemingly enough

Ahh, I can think of nothing which inspires me with more confidence than letting Hollywood do my thinking for me...

Parents are going to take their kids to this movie, it needs to be somewhat kid friendly, otherwise you're going to have a bunch of angry parents raising hell. The audience for a R rated TMNT movie is incredibly small, & not going to bring in enough money to make it worth the studios time or money to produce this movie. Expect a PG-13 movie, which is fine, most comic book movies are PG-13.

Yeah...I disagree completely with both of you completely. I don't want a bunch of cussing Turtles, lots of blood, etc. I want the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles we knew growing up.

To me that's a contradiction. I never cared for the kids cartoons, my love was always for the original darker comic and the first film.
"Child friendly" has become a synonym for stupidity unfortunately, blame the marketing people who live by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Why do people think "kid-friendly" and "high quality" are antonyms?

Nah, I don't mean it like that, man.

Have you ever seen the live action Peter Pan movie from 2003? That's the gear I'm more aiming towards.

To me that's a contradiction. I never cared for the kids cartoons, my love was always for the original darker comic and the first film.
"Child friendly" has become a synonym for stupidity unfortunately, blame the marketing people who live by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

First of all, the ability to create an entertaining movie which is child friendly is anything but stupidity or appealing to the lowest common denominator. Take the movie Shrek, for example. Or even the Tangled movie, if you've seen it, was quite enjoyable. Hell, the original Turtles movie works.

If you cannot find enjoyment in movies simply because they also appeal to children, that says far more about you than it does the movie.

I said that child friendly has become a byword for stupidity and there shouldn't be any argument for that. Most films suitable for kids are dumbed down, low-brow nonsense that would bore an adult to tears. Citing Shrek, Tangled or the Turtles (all good films by the way) doesn't mean that's not still the case, it just means they're the exception to the rule.
Things do seem to be getting better slowly with Pixar leading the way in simply making good films that the kids can watch, not films aimed specifically at kids and ostracizing everyone else.

Yeah man, it's fucking epic, too. It blows shit like Hook and the animation film out of the water. I'd probably go as far as to say it's the greatest live action children's movie ever made (though I'd have to think about it).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_(2003_film)

The theme's dealt with in the movie are fantastic especially on fatherhood and family.

The live action part is the best part of the news. The Ninja Turtles are always great but the live action movies were all easily better then the TMNT movie from 2007.

The 2007 TMNT movie was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back