Nigerian International Football team Banned for 2 years

future admin

Getting Noticed By Management
Earlier today, Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan has banned his country from playing Football (or soccer in most of your cases) following their horrible FIFA World Cup Tournament. What do you people think of this, could you care less, or do you actually care?

Lets make this clear to start with, an article on it is here:

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8780028.stm

Fifa rules prohibit any government intervention with its members.

So basically the government is'nt allowed to do this , and as a result if it is'nt overturned will see Nigeria expelled from world football anyway.

Nigeria will probably overturn the decision, maybe recieve a suspension for taking it this far and perhaps gain what they (apparently) wanted in the 1st place; time to re-build and re-structure their FA.

Its ridiculous to be honest. What expectations did he have for them in the World Cup? Going out in the group stage was about right for them because Argentina were better, S.Korea were better.

They have a crackpot regime anyway. What do the Nigerian government know about football anyway? I know what the FIFA rules state, but in the grand scheme of things the ludicrous Government over there won't give a shit probably.

I can understand that perhaps countries like Nigeria and France might want to restructure their FA and selection process for the international teams but government involvement is not the way to do it. That opens things up to unscrupulous individuals interfering with football, such as Colonel Gadaffi getting his son to play in the Italian Serie A or gambling syndicates putting pressure on players.

However, I think that a third party could be employed in some way to help overhaul a poorly operating FA mainly because it is very difficult for any organisation to vet itself as that could include very highly paid men having to give themselves the sack

i think a lot of FAs have this problem. They seem to be kind of out of touch with the way the game currently works because their last real involvement was probably some years ago and as such probably hinder the games development. In England some of the members are even chairman of football clubs like Phil Gartside at Bolton so they are hardly impartial really. I think there are many problems with different governing bodies in football, but as you rightly say, they would essentially have to sack themselves or resign from an executive position which thye are almost never going to do unless it is surrounded by scandal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back