• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL All Star Game Format

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum

Throwing out another year to hockey fans. This year is a little less known. It was the year that Vancouver hosted the All Star Game. But it was also the year that Nagano hosted the Olympics, an Olympics that featured NHL players for the first time. To promote the NHL players in the Olympics, the NHL switched formats from the old East to West to a new style, North America versus The World.

Players from Canada and United States (and any other North American country, though there was none) would play against players from Europe, Russia, South Africa, and if there are any other nations that had a representative from the World.

But this all ended in 2003, when there was the switch back to the old East versus West.

So I ask you, what do you like more?

I like the North America versus the World. But I would only ever have it every year the World Cup of Hockey is played. Then in the Olympic year, not have it at all. The other two years can then have East versus West.

I always liked the East vs. West better because its just more traditional, but I like your idea of mixing in N. America vs. World every fews years, it would be nice to see all the younger all stars, be awesome to see Crosby playing against Malkin or have Patty Kane, Ryan Getzalf, Paul Stastny, and so come play with the East N. Americans and have Ovi, Vanek, Kovalchuk and so on go play with the West World all stars, if this were to happen again we might see the 1st 30+ combined goals scored in an all star game, I bet team N. America would put 20 in by them selves since they put up 14 back in 01 and their a lot stronger now so I think 30+ goals combined wouldn't be that far fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back