NFL Playoff Prediction Thread

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
The thread title is self explanatory. We will go round by round to drive more discussion/debate.

NFC

Green Bay vs Minnesota- I’m taking the Packers. Minnesota just beat them but that was a home game. Going into Lambeau Field the Packers have a clear advantage. Their defense is atrocious but the offense will bail them out and Christian Ponder won’t be able to make the plays to keep the Vikings in it.

Washington vs Seattle- I’ve got the Seahawks. This will be a great match up of rookie vs rookie but Wilson has the better defense. Even with the game in Washington, Seattle just has more overall talent on both sides of the ball.

AFC

Houston vs Cincinnati- I’ve got the Bengals in an upset. Houston has looked like shit the last few weeks, especially their defensive secondary. The game will be close with the Texans at home but AJ Green should have a field day and I see Cincy winning by a field goal.

Baltimore vs Indianapolis- The Colts have had a tremendous season but I’m taking the Ravens. Baltimore is finally getting healthy on defense and Ray Rice will be the best player on the field for either team. The Colts will keep it close but fall just short.

That sets up Divisional Round match ups of: Atlanta/Seattle, San Francisco/Green Bay, Denver/Cincinnati, New England/Baltimore.

AFC Wild Card

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans: I really believe Houston shot themselves in the foot losing home field advantage for the post season, but they'll still beat Cincinnati. Cincy's a very good team and has a very bright future, but they're not on the same level yet as the other AFC elite, and Houston is most definitely in the elite class of the AFC. Matt Schaub will be very consistent and won't turn the ball over, Arian Foster will have a huge game, and Houston's defense will limit Andy Dalton and take out AJ Green completely. Houston wins 28-13

Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens: There's one every year in the Wild Card Playoffs, and this year the upset game will be the Colts beating the Ravens. The Ravens have been inconsistent all year long on both sides of the ball, and I simply cannot count on them showing up with their A game for this. Meanwhile, the Colts are riding high with the return of Chuck Pagano, and Andrew Luck will look to show that he won't just be a regular season QB by having a very good game next weekend. Colts win 24-14.

NFC Wild Card

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers: Minnesota beat Green Bay today in very impressive fashion, but it was at home. No way do I see Christian Ponder having similar success at Green Bay. Adrian Peterson will put up great numbers, no doubt, but it won't be enough to win. The Vikings D let Green Bay put up 34 today like it was nothing... they'll put up even more next week. Green Bay wins 42-17.

Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins: Seattle is just way too hot right now. Without a running game, Washington really doesn't have much to offer, and Seattle is not going to let Alfred Morris run all over them (we saw what they limited San Francisco's running game a few weeks ago to). RG3 will get beat up by that monstrous Seattle defense, while Russell Wilson and that Pete Carroll offense will continue to roll. Seattle wins 34-10.

Quick bracket results for the rest of the playoffs based on these predictions...

AFC Semi-Finals

Houston Texans @ New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts @ Denver Broncos

NFC Semi-Finals

Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons

Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco

AFC Championship

New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos

NFC Championshp

Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl

Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots

NFC

#6 MIN @ #3 GB - GB should have no problems avenging their Week 17 loss even if Cobb sits out another week. Yes, Christian and the Vikings have played well the last 4 games, but each of those games have been indoors. (Hell, each of their 10 wins this season have come from playing indoors lol). Of course, Adrian will continue to play well but I think Ponder will fall back down to Earth this week by throwing at least a couple of INTs & having a fumble or two in frigid Lambeau Field next Saturday night. GB wins.

#5 SEA vs #4 WAS - This is probably the best game of Wild Card Weekend as Russell Wilson will face off against RGIII. It's a tough choice for me to pick the winner of this game, but I think I'll go with Seattle. True, the Seahawks haven't played well on the road this season & having to travel cross-country may hurt them, but with that defense I think it'll be enough to help keep RGIII & Morris in check. It also helps that Brandon Browner will be back from suspension lol. Now I'm not expecting Seattle to drop 40-50 pts, but Wilson & Lynch will each wear down the Redskins D. SEA wins.

AFC

#6 CIN @ #3 HOU - HOU has struggled the past month losing 3 out of their final 4 & dropping them to Wild Card Weekend, & while CIN has won 7 of their last 8, I just don't believe Cincy will pull off the upset here. Green will probably get his (100 rec. yds & 1-2 TDs), but I don't expect good games from both BenJarvus & Dalton. The Bengals Defense should keep it close, but ultimately HOU will escape because of Arian Foster & last year's Wild Card game hero, JJ Watt. HOU wins.

#5 IND @ #4 BAL - Old Baltimore vs New Baltimore. While the Ravens haven't played as well on defense this year compared to years past, the return of Ray Lewis should help as he, Suggs, & Ed Reed will all be on the field together for the first time since last season's AFC Title Game. I still expect Luck & Reggie Wayne to play somewhat well & they'll help keep it close for the majority of the game. However, Ray Rice will prove to be too much while Flacco will hit Torrey Smith for a deep TD late in the 4th Quarter that will ice the game. BAL wins.

So I guess my Divisional Round Matchups would be: GB @ SF, SEA @ ATL, HOU @ NE, & BAL @ DEN.

6 Minnesota vs 3 Green Bay

The team lives and dies by Christian Ponder. It was a hell of a year for the Vikings, with Peterson becoming second all time on the single season rushing record list and making the playoffs with an incredible victory over the Packers in week 17. They beat the expectations; now, everything relies on how well they can play against the Packers again. They beat the Packers at home, but lost to them at Lambeau Field earlier this season. The Packers will be a little dinged up and may not have Cobb, but they're still a hell of a team. But, like I said before - this team lives and dies by Ponder. Unfortunately, Ponder just isn't that good. Peterson will rush for miles, but they'll need Ponder contribute and keep the interceptions down. Unfortunately, it's a long shot that the Vikings can repeat their great performance in Week 17. Green Bay Packers

5 Seattle vs 4 Washington

Seattle isn't very good on the road. They're facing a hell of a team that it on a wave of momentum matched only by the Denver Broncos. Seattle has a hell of a defense, but they're facing a team leading the league in rushing yards. The Redskins are poor at defending the passing of their opponents - fortunately, that's something the Seahawks are pretty bad at that. Seattle's strength, rushing, is going to be met a top five rushing defense. The Redskins match up well against the Seahawks and meet a team that does poorly on the road. Washington Redskins

3 Houston vs 6 Bengals

The Bengals have an average offense, better at passing than it is at rushing. The Bengals have an above average passing defense and a pretty solid rushing defense. The Texans are above average at passing and very good at rushing. The Texans are a little below average at passing defense, and excellent at rushing defense. I know, what a boring analysis. It's because these two teams are a little perplexing to me, and I didn't see the talking points immediately. On paper, I think the Texans win this one, but in reality, the Bengals are rolling and the Texans are stumbling. I think I pick momentum here. Cincinnati Bengals

5 Indianapolis vs 4 Baltimore

The Colts boast a strong passing game led by Andrew Luck, with a weak rushing game. Their defense also has its struggles. The Ravens are not as good defensively as they ought to be and only average offensively. I think Baltimore just does better here - their offense is solid and will pick on the weak Colts defense, while the Colts offense will struggle to keep up. I think it'll be close and Andrew Luck might have an opportunity to have a signature game, but my gut says Baltimore. Baltimore Ravens

Minnesota - The mystique of Lambeau Field in the playoffs has faded in recent years and the Vikings played them close a month ago. Ponder has been up and down this season. To be fair though, Harvin only played half the season and he's their second best player. Peterson will run on the Packers again and the defense will force a couple of turnovers and I see them pulling the upset. 28-24

Seattle - They have a better defense and just as good of a running game as Washington. Wilson hasn't turned the ball over lately and I don't think being on the road matters because they improved as a team over the season. Griffin is still bothered by that knee injury and the Seahawks' defense can and will put some pressure on it. The key will be if the Redskins employ the same defensive strategy on Wilson as they did on Romo. I don't think they will. 21-16

Indianapolis - Baltimore's defense has deteriorated but that's to be expected when you lose Webb, Suggs, and Lewis. Lewis could be back this week but I don't know how effective. Both teams struggle to put up points at times. You would think the Ravens would just feed the ball to Ray Rice all the time but I'm just kidding myself for thinking that. When you expect they will, they won't. Indianapolis is opportunistic on defense and will get a couple of gifts from Flacco. 20-19

Cincinnati - In some ways, these teams are mirror images of each other. Decent quarterback, great receiver, and a good running game. The difference to me is that Cincinatti has a better defense and has been playing like it. Texans have had a real bad half of the season on that side of the ball and other than Watt, they don't have much else. Cincinnati has studs on defense and Schaub isn't exactly RGIII in terms of mobility. Hit him hard and hit him often. 17-14

Min @ GB- ADP is GB's kryptonite, we've allowed him to rush for over 400 yds. in two games against us already, Min. is also undefeated at Lambeau in the postseason, & they're coming into the playoffs hot right now, hotter than than the Pack. Add in the fact that since getting married Ponder seems to have pulled his head from his ass & become a decent QB, & his WR/TE's are catching the ball, which makes them more than the one dimensional team we've dealt with in the past, & makes things much trickier for our banged up defense. I hope & pray to the football gods that I'm wrong about this but I think Vikes are gonna take the upset win (and beleive me when I say upset win, I mean I'm going to be fucking upset if they win).

Cin @ Hou- Houston has looked like shit the past few weeks, while Cincinnati has looked pretty good, I think Houston continues their downward slide & Cinncy takes the win.

Sea @ Wsh- Skins are on a role (7 straight wins) & at home, where Seattle will have to travel 2700 mi. to play them, give the win to RG3 & the Skins.

Indy @ Bal.- Ravens are possibly on the the 2nd most overrated team in AFC playoffs this year (right behind Houston), & Indy is #CHUCKSTRONG, & have Luck on their side, Indy with the win.

So quick recap
Minny
Washy
Cinncy
Indy

This sets up Minny @ ATL, Wsh @ SF, Cinncy @ Den., & Indy & NE

NFC

Green Bay vs Minnesota- I’m going with the Packers in a pretty lopsided game. I think that Minnesota has overachieved but I think the frozen tundra of Lambeau, in the playoffs, is going to be a swift and decisive dose of reality for the Vikings. Plus, I think they are going to be complacent, thrilled to have unexpectedly made the playoffs, but will be ill prepared for the Packers now that they have gotten there. Packers 31 Vikings 10

Washington vs Seattle- I’ll go with the Redskins in the year of the rookie. Seattle has been surprisingly good, but home field advantage will be enough to tip the scales in favor of Washington in a nail biter. Redskins 17 Seahawks 14

AFC

Houston vs Cincinnati- I have zero confidence in Houston and I was strongly considering picking the Bengals in the upset here. Until I thought about it a little more. Cincinnati? Playoffs? On the road? Texans 28 Bengals 10

Baltimore vs Indianapolis- Again, the year of the rookie, and Luck will continue to display that his name is not indicative of his stature. Plus, the Ravens are aging and are still deficient at the quarterback position. Colts 21 Ravens 17

This sets up the much desired Denver Broncos versus Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots against the Houston Texans in the AFC, with Atlanta Falcons hosting the Washington Redskins and the San Francisco 49ers entertaining the Green Bay Packers. Should be great!

Green Bay vs. Minnesota- I'm going to say Green Bay. AP was a sight to see this year and he'll probably make the Packers D his bitch yet again, but Aaron Rodgers usually responds pretty damn well to adversity (even though he finished 28/40 with 365 yards and 4 TDs. Seriously, how much fucking more can you do?) Rodgers has a big game, as does Peterson, but Rodgers has a better one.

Green Bay

Washington vs Seattle- Washington has faced a lot of teams on the ropes during their winning streak, something Seattle is not. 150 points in 3 games, 1 of which were against a defense much better than Washington's, Marshawn Lynch who has been destroying every defense lately. Seattle's my pick.

Seattle

Houston vs Cincinnati- I actually think Cincy is the better team here. Their defense is playing very well lately and Houston has been falling to mediocre defenses. The secondary in Houston is their defensive weakness and AJ Green is on his way to town. Not good for Houston.

Cincinnati

Baltimore vs Indianapolis- This is the most intriguing match up to me. A team riding an emotional high vs. a team who should be getting their leader back. I think Luck shows that he's a rookie and puts on a stinker. Ray Lewis has a big game.

Baltimore

This leaves me with Seattle @ Atlanta, Green Bay @ San Francisco, Cincinnati @ Denver, Baltimore @ New England

Green Bay vs. Minnesota: This game all depends on Christian Ponder. Adrian Peterson will bring his A-game and, surprisingly, the Packers have not fared that well in their last several home playoff games. Right now, I'm unfortunately leaning towards Ponder laying a goose egg. I give this game to the Packers.

Seattle vs. Washington: My homerism precludes from looking at this game more than 50% objectively. All I have to say is that Seattle won't have the 12th man and it's going to be a bitch playing in an extremely noisy and cold environment.

Indianapolis vs. Baltimore: The honeymoon period is over. As much as I respect Chuck Pagano's hardship, let's face the facts: he had a mediocre record of 2-2 before he took his medical leave. There's nothing left to play for and Luck's penchant for comebacks always results from Luck's penchant for turning the ball over. The Ravens are going to eat the Colts for breakfast.

Cincinnati vs. Houston: As much as I love JJ Watt, the Texans' offense has become complacent. Cincinnati stuns Houston in a big upset with Matt Schaub putting up at least two interceptions.

NFC

Green Bay vs Minnesota- This one could go either way. Packers want revenge after a tough loss last week and AP can only carry the Vikings just so far. I'd like Vikings odds better if Percy Harvin was still there but he's not. On the other hand Packers have dealt with injuries all year and Aaron Rodgers is by no means as good as he was last year, He is however still a star and that's why my pick is for the Packers to avenge their loss from last week and win here.

Washington vs Seattle- Battle of the rookie QB's. One hand you have the Seahawks who have a great D and Russel Wilson has a huge victory over the Patriots under his belt from earlier in the season. On the other hand you have RG3 and the Redskins, i think RG3 has been the best rookie QB this season, Garcon proved last year wasn't a fluke but can they overcome the D of Seattle? My answer is YES, Redskins win this one in a low scoring game.

AFC

Houston vs Cincinnati- A few weeks ago if you told me the Texans would not have a first round bye I would have laughed in your face, Now the offense is falling apart fast causing the whole team to fall apart fast. They still have all the tools needed to be a SB team and if they can get everything going right they will own the Bengals. But I like the Bengals to take this one in a upset, AJ Green will have a huge game.

Baltimore vs Indianapolis- This should be a good one. Luck wants to prove he's not just a regular season QB and they will be riding momentum from the win last week and Pagano being back is only gonna help. Problem is Indy has a horrible run D and Ray Rice is probably gonna run wild on them. BUT they did stop Arian Foster last week. I'm gonna go with my gut here and say the #CHUCKSTRONG Colts take this one.

I went 3-1 in the Wild Card round with the Bengals as the only team I picked that didn't advance. On to the Divisional round.

NFC

San Fransisco vs Green Bay- I'm taking the 49ers. The Packers are dealing with some injuries and I haven't liked the way their defense has looked the last few weeks outside of the game against backup wide receiver, I mean quarterback, Joe Webb. Webb actually gave the Packers a little trouble with his running ability and Kaepernick has similar running ability but he can actually throw the ball. The 49ers defense also matches up well with the Packers offense. Green Bay will still put up some points but it won't be enough on the road.

Atlanta vs Seattle- I picked the Seahawks to represent the NFC at the start of the playoffs and I'm sticking with them. Russell Wilson continues to look like a veteran qb and Marshawn Lynch is in beast mode. The Seahawks defense has the size and speed to match up with Atlanta's talented offensive weapons. The injury to Chris Clemons will hurt if he can't go but they have a lot of depth on that side of the ball. Atlanta has yet to win a playoff game in the Matt Ryan/Mike Smith era and all of the pressure is on them. It should be a close game but the Seahawks will pull it off.

AFC

Denver vs Baltimore- The Ravens were my preseason pick to win the Super Bowl but Denver was my pick going into the playoffs. The Ravens are still riding the Ray Lewis retirement emotional coaster and they will keep the game close but the Broncos are a machine right now. Their offense has looked unstoppable and their defense has quietly become one of the best in the NFL. I think the Ravens offense will turn the ball over one too many times.

New England vs Houston- This is the easiest game for me to pick and I'm going with the Patriots. Houston really messed up by losing home field advantage and it's going to cost them. Even in Houston the Pats would be favored but with the game in New England I see a double digit victory for the Pats. Brady will have all his weapons and the Patriots should put up a lot of points. Their defense is still a little shaky but they will make enough plays to stop Houston from making it too close.

That sets up my Conference Championship games of Denver vs New England and San Francisco vs Seattle.

NFC

Packers/49ners: I've got the 49ners in this one I just don't trust the Packers defense to stop the 49ners offense.

Seattle/Atlanta: Seattle has surprised a lot of people this season and I do think that Atlanta chokes but I believe it'll be later. Atlanta wins this with experience.

AFC

Ravens/Broncos: I'm a Ravens fan but I'm going with the Broncos here. I'd like to see Ray Lewis get one more Superbowl but their defense won't stand up against Peyton Manning.

Patriots/Texans: Texans are very overrated and the Patriots have been on a roll so I've got the Patriots in this one.

So this will set up Broncos/Patriots and Atlanta/49ners for the Conference Championships.

Nice, I went 4-0 during Wild Card Weekend

NFC

#3 GB @ #2 SF - A rivalry will be renewed & just like it was in the late 90s & early 00s, GB will win & advance. I'm going with the Pack mainly because of Justin Smith's injury & even if he does play, he won't be as effective. Also, Aaron Rodgers will be playing the 49ers, the team he grew up rooting for & the team that passed on him in the 2005 Draft, for the first time in his career at Candlestick Park so I think he'll be extra ready for this one lol. GB wins.

#5 SEA @ #1 ATL - I expect some shit talking between these two teams leading up to this game, namely between SEAs secondary & Julio & Roddy lol. Anyways, as much as I want to pick SEA to win, I just have a gut feeling that ATL's playoff bad luck will finally end on Sunday. While I expect Lynch & Wilson to attack that Falcons run D, Wilson will struggle via the pass vs Asante & their secondary. Meanwhile, the fast turf will help Julio and maybe even Roddy White, but I think the key to this game will be Tony Gonzalez who will score 2 TDs on the way to his first playoff win in his 16-year career. ATL wins.

AFC

#4 BAL @ #1 DEN - Yes, Peyton Manning's teams in the past did not have success coming off a first round bye, but he's also never had a defense quite like the one he has this season. Rice and/or Pierce should keep BAL in the game, but Flacco's road struggles will continue while Manning & the DEN offense won't have as much trouble in the red zone as Indy did. Sorry Ray Lewis, but I gotta go with the Broncos. DEN wins.

#3 HOU @ #2 NE - This game could end up being similar to what happened in 2010 after NE blew out the Jets on MNF in December & then played them again in the Divisional Round a month later. Nah lol. Brady & his weapons will prove to be too much for a reeling Texans pass defense again, & though Andre should do well against the Pats secondary, it'll be due to HOU being in comeback mode for the majority of the game. At the same time, Arian wont get to do much as a result of this. NE wins.

So, this will set up GB @ ATL in the NFC Title Game & DEN @ NE in the AFC Title.

I went 3-1 as well. Fucking Bengals. Making me think they were worth a shit.

GB @ SF- I'll take a shot on Green Bay. It's not impossible to gash the 49ers defense, New England and Seattle have proven that. Also, Kaepernick hasn't looked as good as he did in his first couple of starts. Really just a shot in the dark, though.

Green Bay

SEA @ ATL- I think Matt Ryan will finally get the monkey off his back. Both teams a very evenly matched up. Seattle's defense is a little tougher but the Falcons have a more potent offense.

Atlanta

BAL @ DEN- Fuck, I would love to see Ray lewis keep going but I just can't see them beating Denver. It won't be a slaughter like it was a few weeks ago, but Denver still wins.

Denver

HOU@ NE- I fully expect a blowout. Not to say that it's impossible for Houston to win, they have the talent to compete. It just doesn't seem like they respond well in big situations. The defense has been getting gashed a lot lately.

Houston

That leaves me with GB @ ATL, and NE @ DEN.

GB @ SF- I'm taking GB, while there defense may still be a little beat up, they're still a lot healthier now then they have been the majority of the season. SF defense is still a little banged up, with Justin Smith sporting a black brace on his elbow, & still recovering from torn triceps. SF has an advantage in the run game, but I feel that GB will be able to make up for that with their advantage in the pass game. I feel SF has been one of the most overrated teams this season in the NFL with everybody and their mother ready to crown these fuckers NFC champs, if not SB champs already. I think GB comes out a narrowly defeats them in a hell of a game. I'm going GB with the win here.

Sea @ Atl- I know I used this reasoning before in the Wild Card round & it didn't work out for me, but fuck it, I really think there is something to it & I'm sticking with it. Seattle had to fly 2700 mi. to Wsh, then after the game they had to fly 2700 mi. back to Seattle, now this week they have to fly roughly 2700 mi. to Atlanta, that's 8100 mi. of travel in the course of about a week, I don't know of any living human being that is not going to feel some sort of affect from that kind of travel. I also feel that Atlanta is being dismissed to easily, a lot of people keep saying they'll choke again like they do every year, &b that Matty Ryan can't win a playoff game, I'd just like to remind everyone that these same things were said over the course of Payton Mannings first 3 playoff appearances. Atlanta has a damn good team, albeit old, they wouldn't have the number one seed if they sucked, they have two great WRs, who will be matched with Seattle's two great CBs, this has me believing that old reliable Tony Gonzalez is going to be left open to have a big game for Atlanta. Seattle is going up against a team that's playing a injured QB that wasn't cleared to play by his doctor, they're playing one of the best teams in teh league, perhaps the best team in the NFC. I see Ryan finally get his first playoff win here & Atlanta moving on the NFC championship for the first time in 8 yrs.

Bal @ Den- I think Ray Lewis's career comes to an end in this game, I think Denver has a defense that just as good as Baltimores, if not better, & a offense that is far superior, don't really got much more to say on this one, Payton leads his Broncos to the AFC championship with the win here.

Hou @ NE- While I don't see NE laying as much of a smackdown on Houston as they did earlier this season, I do see them winning, I just think Houston is there yet, & the Pats are just a far superior team right now. NE seems to be built for the playoffs, Houston has a great future ahead of them & is sure to have a SB appearance in their future soon enough, but it won't be this year, Pats with the win.

So this leaves next week looking like GB @ Atl, & NE @ Den.

I went 3-1 as well. Fucking Bengals. Making me think they were worth a shit.

GB @ SF- I'll take a shot on Green Bay. It's not impossible to gash the 49ers defense, New England and Seattle have proven that. Also, Kaepernick hasn't looked as good as he did in his first couple of starts. Really just a shot in the dark, though.

Green Bay

SEA @ ATL- I think Matt Ryan will finally get the monkey off his back. Both teams a very evenly matched up. Seattle's defense is a little tougher but the Falcons have a more potent offense.

Atlanta

BAL @ DEN- Fuck, I would love to see Ray lewis keep going but I just can't see them beating Denver. It won't be a slaughter like it was a few weeks ago, but Denver still wins.

Denver

HOU@ NE- I fully expect a blowout. Not to say that it's impossible for Houston to win, they have the talent to compete. It just doesn't seem like they respond well in big situations. The defense has been getting gashed a lot lately.

Houston

That leaves me with GB @ ATL, and NE @ DEN.

For the record, I meant to pick New England not Houston. My reasoning even explains my pick, no idea why I wrote Houston.

Not that it matters, I'm 0-2 this week. I sure do suck at picking these things.

First of all, that is why Divisional Round weekend is the greatest weekend of the NFL playoffs, if not the NFL season.

anyways I went 2-2 during the Divisional Round getting only the Sunday games right

NFC

#2 SF @ #1 ATL - Unlike Wilson & SEA, I dont think it will take Kaep & SF until the 2nd half to get going, especially since Abraham won't be 100% if he does play. This could turn into a shootout, but I think Kaep & Gore will be too much for ATLs D to handle. I expect ATLs pass offense to keep them in this game, but SFs D will bottle up Turner & Jacquizz while Aldon Smith will finally wake up & end his 4-game sack-less streak by getting to Matt Ryan at least 2 or 3 times. SF wins.

AFC

#4 BAL @ #2 NE - While Gronk not being able to play the rest of the postseason shouldn't hurt NEs offense, I think BAL wins due to Flacco & the Ravens offense continuing their momentum into Foxboro. This could turn into a shootout as well, but the difference will be BAL making more plays on defense by picking off Brady twice & forcing Ridley to fumble at least once. Also, for the hell of it, I say BAL wins it on a last second FG by Justin Tucker lol. BAL wins.

So yeah, I'll be rooting for the two teams I went against on Saturday during the Divisional Round lol.

This sets up BAL vs SF in Super Bowl XLVII aka HarBowl II

AFC

Being a Baltimore fan, it's obvious who I'm going for in this game. Ravens have been on a roller coaster year, without any doubt. They've suffered enough losses that could have kicked them out of the Playoffs all together, and to be honest, if the defense wasn't healthy these past two weeks, they would've lost... even I'm not silly to deny that fact. With that said, the entire team is healthy and if their Week 3 game is any proof of how they can work, then this will be another close one. Ravens Win

NFC

I like the idea of 49ers vs. Ravens in the Superbowl, but something tells me that the magic of Matt Ryan is not going to end this week by any means. He's been having the greatest career of his entire NFL career, in my opinion. 49ers avenged their loss last year just last week, but this week, they're against a team that NEEDS this appearance just a bit more. And with that need, I think comes more determination and great plays from the team. Honestly, I think it my be a two touchdown win for them too. Falcons win

I went 2-2 in the divisional round. On to Championship Weekend.

NFC

Atlanta vs San Francisco- I'm taking the 49ers. Seattle should have won last week with that come back and the 49ers are a more well rested version of Seattle. They also have a better tackling defense so the success Atlanta had running against Seattle will not be repeated this week. Because the Falcons are at home they will keep it close for a while but I have the Niners by 10.

AFC

New England vs Baltimore- Give me the Ravens. New England is the better team but the Ravens just seem like a team of destiny. Ray Lewis and that defense are playing great and Joe Flacco is having another tremendous playoff run. The Patriots defense is beatable and I think the Ravens defense will do just enough to slow down the offense of New England. It will come down to the wire with the Ravens winning by a field goal.

That sets up the Harbowl in two weeks. Ravens vs 49ers.

I'm picking with my heart here. New England and San Francisco are the best teams, but I want Atlanta and Baltimore in the Super Bowl. And I want Atlanta to win it all. Tony Gonzales spent 13 fucking years here in KC and never even sniffed the Super Bowl. He's arguably the greatest Tight End of all time and he deserves to get his ring.

NFC

Atlanta vs San Francisco- I'll go with the 49ers. Atlanta were damn lucky to squeak past the Seahawks last weekend. They will face a much tougher task this week with San Fran. Sure, they have home field advantage, which is always a plus, and I would love to see the Falcons defeat the 49ers and head to the Superbowl. But I think San Francisco are just too talented for the Falcons, and I see the 49ers winning comfortably. Not a thrashing or anything, but a comfortable margin of victory. 49ers 31, Falcons 17

AFC

New England vs Baltimore- Give me the Patriots. Why? Simply put, it's the Patriots, and as good as the Ravens have been and continue to be, they won't be able to keep pace with the firepower and drive of the at-home Pats. Sure, Ray Lewis is a man of destiny, blah blah blah. He's a great Cinderella story in this his final season, but the clock is about to strike midnight in this fairy tale, and Lewis is about to play his final game in the NFL. Even without Gronk, New England is just too talented for the Ravens. Patriots 28, Ravens 10

The Superbowl combatants this season? The New England Patriots versus the San Francisco 49ers.

Championship weekend is finally here and not a moment too soon. After a week of Manti Te'o and the NFL coaching carousel dominating the football world, we've got actual games to play.

Today it's National Conference's turn, as the San Francisco 49ers travel to the ATL to take on the Atlanta Falcons. They were the second and first seeded NFC playoff teams, respectively, and both deserve to be here. While the 49ers dominated the Packers last weekend, the Falcons gave up a huge lead only to eke out a victory in the end.

When I was a little kid, the 49ers were what people see the Patriots as these days. Many analysts and fans would simply pencil them in as the NFC representative in that year's Super Bowl. The Falcons on the other hand... well, they had a good run in '98 (beating the 49ers at home in the playoffs) that ended in a Super Bowl loss. So, do the Niners return to their gold-rushing ways or do the Dirty Birds fly to the Super Bowl for the second time in team history? Should be a good one.

I'll take Atlanta. The 49ers are favored and with very good reason. I'm just going with my gut on this. The Falcons have not been the most impressive 1 seed by a long shot, and some would argue that they've been very lucky- not just last week but many times over the course of the season. Well, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Falcons 38, 49ers 35

Today it's National Conference's turn

Uh no it's not, both the NFC & AFC championships are tomorrow.

As for my predictions...

SF @ ATL- I have ATL squeaking out another win at him, as I feel San Fran is going to put up a hell of a fight but I just think that Atlanta has what it takes to knock them off. The last time Kapernick was in a high profile game on the road was in Seattle, & that didn't seem to work out to well for him, I think his lack of NFL experience is what''s going to ultimately lead to the Niners downfall here. While I think San Francisco has the better defense of the two teams, I think ATL can handle them, lets keep in mind that last week that defense was going up against a fairly one dimensional GB team, ATL has a running game, & a fairly proficient passing game as well. Besides it's not like this is the first time ATL has had to face one of the top defenses in the league in playoffs this year (much less one from the NFC west), they seem to get the job done against Seattle's stellar D last week. I think Atlanta just barely squeaks by the Niners here with another late FG for the win.

Bal. @ NE- New England all the way here, this game is one I really don't care about, I'm not a huge Ray Lewis fan so I could care less if he gets one more SB on his way out. New England is just built for the playoffs, they're built for games like this, & that offense has the ability to explode at any time. I really think that Baltimore's best chance at winning this game is going to be to score & try to get a substantial lead early, NE tends to be a bit of a slow starter, & is typically more of a second half team, so if the Ray-vens can get a few big scores & take and early 3 score lead going into half they may have a shot. I think this is going to be another close one, most Ravens/Patriots games are, but I think Brady leads his Pats to yet another SB.

So my picks for this week are

Falcons
Patriots

Hahaha! Making sure you were paying attention. I was talking about the East-West Shrine game today. The East (Atlanta being in the east) will edge out the West (aka the coast that San Fran is on) by a field goal.

As for the NFL, though, those games are tomorrow. I'm taking the Falcons to win the NFC. No pick for the AFC, as I've got an investment in the outcome. All I can say for that game is that if it's anything like the last two meetings between the Pats and the Ravens, we're in for a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back