• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Injury Reports

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
I mean, is there even a point anymore?

The spirit of the injury report is to give coaches a fair look at who's playing, who's out, and who's a maybe. But in recent years, coaches like Bill Belichick and now Eric Mangini manipulate the report with ambiguity as a way to gain a competitive advantage. It's sad - the report itself has become total bullshit.

So I say - WHY BOTHER? Why not drop the injury report all together and force all coaches onto even playing ground. Let the coach with the best scout team have the advantage.

Thoughts?

I agree. These things are flat out worthless. WHen's the last time you didn't know almost 5 days early if a guy was going or not? They're nothing more than to throw them out there to confuse a coach. A guy is questionable. Ok, what the hell does that tell me? So if hes better or doesn't get worse, he's in? The reports are due Wednesday and everyone has to be on there. So there could be one saying we're all fine? What about between then and the game? Is there another one?

Mike Greenberg said something to the extent once that if he was a coach, every single player on the team would be questionable. Reason- Being a human. There's no way to know what's going to happen in the 5 days before kickoff. You could be walking down the street and have a parrot try to make a nest out of your ear. Total waste of time.

The reason the injury reports are published are more for betting reasons anymore, and that's why you won't see them go away anytime soon, I don't think coaches really pay as much attention to them as they used too, I'll look at them before making my picks to see if any big name players are listed as doubtful or worse, anything above that I just assume they'll play

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back