• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Draft 2010

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
The combine starts this week so I figured this would be a good time to make a thread dedicated to this years NFL Draft. There's a lot of talk about who the Rams will take at number one or if they'll trade down. Also a lot of people arguing over who the top QB's are in the draft.

So basically come in here and talk about what prospects you like, who you want your team to take, some sleeper picks for the later rounds, and anything else draft related.

not really big on college ball as we have just started getting it over here but big suh surely is gonna go 1st.also my chargers gotta go rb in the 1st round,any suggestions on who?

not really big on college ball as we have just started getting it over here but big suh surely is gonna go 1st.also my chargers gotta go rb in the 1st round,any suggestions on who?

CJ Spiller is really the only running back who is a guaranteed first rounder and he will be gone by the time the Chargers pick. There are guys like Javhid Best out of Cal and Jonathon Dwyer out of Georiga Tech who they could look at late in the first when they pick. Best if he can stay healthy would be a steal that late. If they wait until the second or third round there are guys like Joe McKnight, Ryan Matthews, Tony Dixon, and Toby Gerhart who could be good pick ups.

yeah i only started watching the college scene come bowl season,ive heard of toby gerhart,is the alabama rb a lock for 1st pick next year if he stays healthy?he looks like a total beast!

CJ Spiller is really the only running back who is a guaranteed first rounder and he will be gone by the time the Chargers pick. There are guys like Javhid Best out of Cal and Jonathon Dwyer out of Georiga Tech who they could look at late in the first when they pick. Best if he can stay healthy would be a steal that late. If they wait until the second or third round there are guys like Joe McKnight, Ryan Matthews, Tony Dixon, and Toby Gerhart who could be good pick ups.

One of my fears with Best (who mind you, I woudn't mind picking up for the Skins in the much later rounds even though he won't be available) is his size and just his overall toughness. I know in the NFC East, he'd probably end up getting worn down real fast if not hurt almost all the time.

As well; the Chargers don't HAVE to go for a RB in the first round. I mean, most of the RB's that are showing up now a days are being found in the MUCH later rounds, and the fact that their shelf life is on average 5 years they aren't worth the high pick. Now unless you can get a guy who's gonna bring you a decade of dominance, their better left till the later rounds.

Anyway, as a Redskin fan, all the draft talk is between Jimmy Clausen and Sam Bradford. Personally, I'd rather have Bradford but I'm not sure how much of a reach they both are at the number 4 pick. I'd much rather trade down, and acquire more picks to help with our OL in the later rounds and possibly pick up Pike, but I think his Combine and just his overall ability will probably put him a little higher in the draft then I'd like to draft him.

At this point, I think I want Bradford who can sit under the tutelage of Kyle and Mike Shanahan for a year, because I think any of the OT in this draft are a major reach at 4. Pretty much the only person I'd be okay with at 4, would be a terrible pick for us. That being Eric Berry (who may even slide down some boards as time goes on).

Well the Top 5 Quarterbacks in the draft, McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, LeFevour, and Clausen all chose not to throw in the combine, which will either make or break it for Pike as all eyes are going to be on him.

I think Tebow should do some TE and FB drills at the combine to help him if the quarterback situation doesn't work for him because somebody will take the shot on him and it will most likely be the Jaguars.

I don't really follow College Football so outside of the big names I don't really know who's out there until the draft rolls around. As far as Dallas is concerned I'm not sure what their pressing need is right now. They could possibly go for a WR to solidify that position or go defensive and take a linebacker or a safety. Again, I'm not sure what Dallas is going to need, but I guess I'll get a better idea once I watch all of the coverage.

yeah i only started watching the college scene come bowl season,ive heard of toby gerhart,is the alabama rb a lock for 1st pick next year if he stays healthy?he looks like a total beast!

Running Backs are rarely the first overall pick but he could be the first running back taken if he comes out early. The running backs for next year aren't all that great. Daniel Thomas from Kansas State will be his biggest competition.

And about Gerhart, he was good in college but I'm not sure how well he will do in the NFL. He won't be able to overpower NFL defenders like he did in college and he doesn't have great speed or elusiveness.

yeah what is all this fuss on tebow,as i said im very new to this scene.his stats are magnificent,but having heard them talking on nfl network he isnt suited to the big leagues.fill me in please

Well the Top 5 Quarterbacks in the draft, McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, LeFevour, and Clausen all chose not to throw in the combine, which will either make or break it for Pike as all eyes are going to be on him.

I think Tebow should do some TE and FB drills at the combine to help him if the quarterback situation doesn't work for him because somebody will take the shot on him and it will most likely be the Jaguars.

You're wrong, at least for now you are. The only 2 First Rounders (potentially, mind you) are Clausen and Bradford and both have question marks about them. The thing that I think divides them though is that last year, Clausen would have been a 3rd round pick while Bradford would have gone before Stafford and Sanchez and was the consensus number 1. The injury is what has thrown up the red flags.

Anyway, I think Pikes stock is going to sky rocket in this draft because of the combine and just his stature. I see him as the next Joe Flacco, honestly. He's the biggest QB in the draft and I think he's got all the tools necessary to make it in the next level and wouldn't be surprised to see someone take a shot on him.

I don't really follow College Football so outside of the big names I don't really know who's out there until the draft rolls around. As far as Dallas is concerned I'm not sure what their pressing need is right now. They could possibly go for a WR to solidify that position or go defensive and take a linebacker or a safety. Again, I'm not sure what Dallas is going to need, but I guess I'll get a better idea once I watch all of the coverage.

No way Dallas takes another WR high like that, they still have to pay off Roy and eventually pay Miles. If anything, you all need to start working on your line. The Redskins had it happen first, but all of other NFC East teams are getting old and sooner or later they'll have to start rebuilding if they don't start plugging new people in now.

You're wrong, at least for now you are. The only 2 First Rounders (potentially, mind you) are Clausen and Bradford and both have question marks about them. The thing that I think divides them though is that last year, Clausen would have been a 3rd round pick while Bradford would have gone before Stafford and Sanchez and was the consensus number 1. The injury is what has thrown up the red flags.

Bradford and Clausen are without a doubt the only two first rounders. One name to keep an eye on though is Dan Lefevour from Central Michigan. He has the football intelligence of a guy like Chad Pennington. Also has solid arm strength, good accuracy, and he can get yards with his feet. He has the most touchdowns for any player in D1 football history.

No way Dallas takes another WR high like that, they still have to pay off Roy and eventually pay Miles. If anything, you all need to start working on your line. The Redskins had it happen first, but all of other NFC East teams are getting old and sooner or later they'll have to start rebuilding if they don't start plugging new people in now.

Dallas has to go O line. Kiper has them taking Bruce Campbell an OT out of Maryland and I think that would be a great pick up. They need help protecting Romo.

Here are the top Five quarterbacks in order from fifth to first
5.Dan Lefevour
4.Tony Pike
3.Colt McCoy
2.Sam Bradford
1.Jimmy Clausen

I also think that Tim Tebow will not be a good pro Quarterback and i wouldn't select him in the first four rounds i actually think he should change positions i think he could play Tight End.

In my opinion the two can't miss products in this years draft are Ndamukong Suh and Eric Berry. I believe the two sleepers in this years Draft are Joe Mcknight the Running Back from USC and Kyle Wilson the Corner Back from Boise State.

My two picks for biggest Bust's in this Years Draft are Carlos Dunlap Defensive End from Florida and Taylor Mays from USC.

So those are my first impressions so far into the Draft Process but this could all change by the time the draft is here.

The NFL Draft is one of my favorite times of the year. I love watching the combines and the workouts and love hearing/reading about pro prospects. Sometime after the combine I plan on working on some mock drafts and I will definitely post them up in here.

I think Lefevour is making a mistake not throwing. He should be throwing with the top guys not going. He could really rise above and get into the 2nd round of the draft.

I don't know whether it is the right choice for the Rams to Suh with the first pick but it could be the safe pick. I do admire how Spagnuolo is building the team from the inside out but pretty soon he will need to draft some players that will have impact on offense. Bulger isn't getting any younger and they need some decent wide receivers. Steven Jackson is their offense and I bet he is frustrated at how poorly the team has played the past couple of years and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The Rams will draft Suh most likely but I don't see them winning more than four or five games next season unless they draft good players on offense. I would even recommend drafting McCoy in the second or third round if he is still there.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1845947 said:
The NFL Draft is one of my favorite times of the year. I love watching the combines and the workouts and love hearing/reading about pro prospects. Sometime after the combine I plan on working on some mock drafts and I will definitely post them up in here.

I think Lefevour is making a mistake not throwing. He should be throwing with the top guys not going. He could really rise above and get into the 2nd round of the draft.

Most of the top quarterbacks aren't throwing and he is definitely going to be throwing at his pro day. He has a chance to be a second rounder regardless. I really see him as being a steal if he goes any lower then the third round.

Pike played at Reading High School, which was in the same conference as the school I went to high school in, so needless to say, I've seen my fair share of Tony Pike over the years here in Cincinnati. The dude is the real deal. The Reading Blue Devils were the laughing stock of the CHL (Cincinnati Hills League) and dude took them and won the state championship.

Hell, on his arm, he took teh Bearcats, a perennial no one gives a shit about team, to a now two time defending Big East BCS Conference championship. At 6'6" and a fucking cannon of an arm, I guarantee that five years down the line, Pike is damn near an upper echelon QB in the league. The problem with pike is that he weights only 212 lbs, he has to get some weight on his frame to take the hits he's going to get.

Spags is a defensive coach at heart and he knows a good rotation at the DLine is a key part to the game and knowing that I think he could very easily take Suh. I've read and heard rumors that the Rams might deal the first pick and I also heard Schefter guarantee that they'll take Sam Bradford first overall. They Rams need a lot of help, but I think they should really look at taking Suh. He is one of the few sure fire things in the draft.

Most of the top quarterbacks aren't throwing and he is definitely going to be throwing at his pro day. He has a chance to be a second rounder regardless. I really see him as being a steal if he goes any lower then the third round.

I like Lefevour and I wouldn't mind the Vikings taking a look at the guy, but I still have a him as a third round guy and I think he really should have thrown at the combine and worked with some of the other WR there. I just don't think he has any confidence in himself. He could stand out at the combine and shine, but he said this the other day and it makes me think that he isn't comfortable working with anyone except his WR. Obviously that is just my take and I'm probably nitpicking at this point, but I just feel he really should have thrown at the combine.

“I will focus solely on throwing at Pro Day,” LeFevour added. “Just getting focused with that…only having one thing to do on Pro Day and being able to work with my receivers up at school that are coming out. Putting everything I have into that aspect of it.”

http://nflmocks.com/2010/02/21/dan-lefevour-wont-throw-at-nfl-scouting-combine/

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1845971 said:
Spags is a defensive coach at heart and he knows a good rotation at the DLine is a key part to the game and knowing that I think he could very easily take Suh. I've read and heard rumors that the Rams might deal the first pick and I also heard Schefter guarantee that they'll take Sam Bradford first overall. They Rams need a lot of help, but I think they should really look at taking Suh. He is one of the few sure fire things in the draft.

Draft Rule #1: No such thing as a sure thing. People thought the same thing about Robert Gallery and look what happened to him. I personally thin Suh will be a great pro but the Rams need so much help. If they think Bradford can be a franchise quarterback then they have to take him.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1845971 said:

I don't think the rams should take Sam Bradford i think that he is an overrated prospect and that Jimmy Clausen is a more complete prospect. Bradford's problem is that he has a really weak arm he has durability concerns he played out of the Shotgun a lot and in a quirky college offense. Clausen has good size a stronger arm then Bradford he's just as accurate if not more than Bradford he played in a pro style offense with an NFL offensive Cordinator and he put up good numbers in that offense so i think he just transitions much better into the NFL game.

Pike played at Reading High School, which was in the same conference as the school I went to high school in, so needless to say, I've seen my fair share of Tony Pike over the years here in Cincinnati. The dude is the real deal. The Reading Blue Devils were the laughing stock of the CHL (Cincinnati Hills League) and dude took them and won the state championship.

Hell, on his arm, he took teh Bearcats, a perennial no one gives a shit about team, to a now two time defending Big East BCS Conference championship. At 6'6" and a fucking cannon of an arm, I guarantee that five years down the line, Pike is damn near an upper echelon QB in the league. The problem with pike is that he weights only 212 lbs, he has to get some weight on his frame to take the hits he's going to get.

I really like Pike and I hope he does really well at the combine. He is another guy I would love to see the Vikes take a look at and potentially grab to replace Favre and become the starter down the road.

Draft Rule #1: No such thing as a sure thing. People thought the same thing about Robert Gallery and look what happened to him. I personally thin Suh will be a great pro but the Rams need so much help. If they think Bradford can be a franchise quarterback then they have to take him.

Yes I know they are no sure things, Suh is the closest thing to it. He could very easily have a injury prone career, but I think that would be worth the risk instead of taking an already injury riddled QB.

I don't think the rams should take Sam Bradford i think that he is an overrated prospect and that Jimmy Clausen is a more complete prospect. Bradford's problem is that he has a really weak arm he has durability concerns he played out of the Shotgun a lot and in a quirky college offense. Clausen has good size a stronger arm then Bradford he's just as accurate if not more than Bradford he played in a pro style offense with an NFL offensive Cordinator and he put up good numbers in that offense so i think he just transitions much better into the NFL game.

I like Bradford, but I wouldn't take him with the 1st pick. If I was the Rams and I wanted to snatch Bradford I would definitely think about trading down and grabbing some extra picks. I'm sure there is a team that would be willing to move to 1 and grab a prospect like Suh or McCoy and the Rams can move down, grab Bradford and pick up some picks in the process.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1845983 said:
I like Lefevour and I wouldn't mind the Vikings taking a look at the guy, but I still have a him as a third round guy and I think he really should have thrown at the combine and worked with some of the other WR there. I just don't think he has any confidence in himself. He could stand out at the combine and shine, but he said this the other day and it makes me think that he isn't comfortable working with anyone except his WR. Obviously that is just my take and I'm probably nitpicking at this point, but I just feel he really should have thrown at the combine.

http://nflmocks.com/2010/02/21/dan-lefevour-wont-throw-at-nfl-scouting-combine/

It's actually the smart thing to do in my opinion. Why throw at the combine with a bunch of guys you aren't comfortable with and risk looking bad. Plus he has other things to worry about at the combine. At his pro day he can just focus on throwing and really impress the scouts. Also, I watched Lefevour up close for three years and confidence definitely is not something he lacks.

Here are the top Five quarterbacks in order from fifth to first
5.Dan Lefevour
4.Tony Pike
3.Colt McCoy
2.Sam Bradford
1.Jimmy Clausen

Again, Clausen was a damn 3rd rounder till this year. Bradford was the consensus number 1 until he got hurt and that's his big question mark. Clausen is only so high because he's been in a pro-style system in an easy schedule. And he's got questions whether he can win the big game or not.

I also think that Tim Tebow will not be a good pro Quarterback and i wouldn't select him in the first four rounds i actually think he should change positions i think he could play Tight End.

He has heart, He has talent, He has Patience, and he DAMN sure has the drive. He will be a QB in this league when a Coach decides they want to build around him.

Again, Clausen was a damn 3rd rounder till this year. Bradford was the consensus number 1 until he got hurt and that's his big question mark. Clausen is only so high because he's been in a pro-style system in an easy schedule. And he's got questions whether he can win the big game or not.

I've always felt that Clausen was a first round pick. I've just always felt he had the pro potential. I don't think he is a top 5 guy nor do I believe Bradford is. This is a rather weak QB class this year and that is why I'd avoid going with a QB in round 1 if I was the Rams (unless they trade down).

He has heart, He has talent, He has Patience, and he DAMN sure has the drive. He will be a QB in this league when a Coach decides they want to build around him.

Not a Tebow fan, but I agree. The guy has the heart of a winner and has the determination to succeed at whatever he does. He will get his chance at QB and if he can keep that drive and determination he will do what he can to become a solid QB. I heard on NFLN that he is changing his throwing motion and hopefully in his case it works out for the best.

You are so wrong Clausen is a Better prospect then Bradford and he was rated higher then a 3rd round QB coming into this year and 5 years down the road Clausen will be a better QB then Bradford. Bradford will be a solid quarterback but not a great one Clausen can be a great QB in the NFL.

Yes Tebow has heart i will give you that and he has the drive but that doesn't make you a great player in the NFL he has a totally fucked up throwing motion he has horrible accuracy and not that good of an arm and when he played against a former NFl coach with an NFL defense in Nick Saban he had 1 TD and 1 INT and when he played against an NFL defensive cordinator in Monte Kiffin he had 0 TD's and 1 INT so that tells me he can't be a good pro player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back