• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nexus Success

kingk12

King of Rings
I wanted to start this thread to see if everybody thinks similar that Nexus is the most successful stable in the past 10 years? Possibly ever? Look at the orginal Nexus and where they are at two years later;

Wade Barrett (Original Leader)
A future world champion and they are hyping him up big time via vintages.

Daniel Bryan
Former World Champion, and future WWE champion.

David Otunga
Was the senior assistant to John Lauranitis in the most important fued in WWE a few months ago.

Michael Tarver
The only one in the group who hasn't had success.

Skip Sheffield
The next big thing. As Ryback he is on pace to be a world champion.

Darren Young
See Justin Gabriel.

Heath Slater
Has worked with the celebrities and has been over big time in the past few months. Was one of the highlights on the 1000th Raw.

Justin Gabriel
Former Tag Champ, and currently helping to revive the tag team division.

Honestly, I didn't even see the Nexus as at the time I wasn't watching wrestling as for some reason I stopped around WM 24 ish. However, I have heard how successful the stable was and that it was popular. I think it is a big success by just looking how far some of them have come in terms of developing character. In my opinion Ryback is going to be huge but that might just be me. Daniel Bryan is probably the hottest thing in Wrestling today and Wade Barret is one of the future stars of the company. Young & Gabriel I think have a good future in terms of tag teaming, Otunga has a good future in terms of an on screen role and Slater is just funny to watch

Yeah, don't make me laugh. There's a lot of stables with far more success. None of which were basically Cena's whipping boys either.

In my opinion, “Future” anything isn’t really anything, if you really think about it. I mean, the Chosen One, Drew McIntyre, is a Future WWE / World Champion…yeah…okay…maybe…

So with that being said, I’d like to point out the actual WWE success of the Nexus, including the New Nexus and the Corre.

Wade Barrett – Intercontinental Champion,
Daniel Bryan – United States Champion, Mr. Blue Money In The Bank 2011, World Champion
Justin Gabriel – 3 time Unified WWE World Tag Team Champions with Heath Slater
Heath Slater – 3 time Unified WWE World Tag Team Champions with Justin Gabriel
David Otunga – 2 time Unified WWE World Tag Team Champions, one with John Cena and one with Michael McGillicutty
Michael McGillicutty – Unified WWE World Tag Team Champions with David Otunga
Ezekiel Jackson – the last ECW Champion, Intercontinental Champion

Darren Young, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver, Husky Harris, and Mason Ryan are all holding their respective Wrestling trunks up by hand, if you know what I mean. Now, even with the New Nexus and the Corre included, they have only one World Champion. In my opinion, from 2002 – 2012, I think I could name about 3 or more Stables that have been more successful than the N. Off the top of my head:

Evolution
The Cabinet
Legacy
Main Event Mafia
World Elite
Fourtune
Immortal

I’m sorry if I may have missed any, but you get the idea. The Nexus is good, don’t get me wrong, but to say they were the most successful stable in the past 10 years is a bit ridiculous. To say they were the most successful stable ever, I just don’t have time to research and list all of Wrestling history.

No...not at all...their "success" was not a direct result of Nexus.Nobody gave two shits about Slater, Sheffield, Gabriel during Nexus and long after it finished. Nexus did not create Ryback or Slater challenging legends.

I'll just compare Nexus to Fortune for one moment. As soon as Fortune was disbanded you straight away had two new main eventers created, Roode and Storm.

I'd argue Barrett was the only one who really benefitted from Nexus, maybe Otunga as well at a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back