• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next Week: Barrett VS Miz VS Jericho

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced last night, after the match between Jericho & Miz ended in a no contest, it was announced that Barrett would face both men in a triple threat match on next week's Raw for the IC title.

Now this should be an entertaining match and one of two things needs to happen:

1. The match needs to be a jumping point for Barrett in which the company gets behind him. Barrett was booked strong as champ after he won it but has been kicked to the curb during WM season. If Barrett retains, it'll be a step in the right direction and possibly set up an IC title match, possibly a 1 on 1 match, between Jericho & Barrett at WrestleMania.

2. Take the title off Barrett and give it a fresh start. If WWE is only going to keep using Barrett this way as champ, then I'd much rather see Jericho pick up the title for the 10th time and possibly go onto WrestleMania to defend it.

1. The match needs to be a jumping point for Barrett in which the company gets behind him. Barrett was booked strong as champ after he won it but has been kicked to the curb during WM season. If Barrett retains, it'll be a step in the right direction and possibly set up an IC title match, possibly a 1 on 1 match, between Jericho & Barrett at WrestleMania.

Personally, I blame Bo for this. Prior to his callup, Wade had a direction for his championship. He was going to face the winner of the IC Cup tournament, which included some fairly notable names, the biggest of which was Randy Orton. However, after Bo's callup it seems creative was railroaded into a programme between the two, after the elimination and win on Raw. However, because Bo is kinds shit and WWE cottoned on to that it was aborted, leaving Barrett with nothing until now.

As for what I think should happen. Barrett retains in a dishonest fashion, taking advantage of Jericho in some way, leading to a 'Mania match. The two have some history together, dating back to NXT and are both great promo guys so they can build to a match well. If that's the way they're going, then that's great.

As for what I think should happen. Barrett retains in a dishonest fashion, taking advantage of Jericho in some way, leading to a 'Mania match. The two have some history together, dating back to NXT and are both great promo guys so they can build to a match well. If that's the way they're going, then that's great.
I agree, maybe even having Jericho not involved in the pin would help too. but I agree with the idea of Jericho vs. Barrett for the IC title at WM. 1) it would be a good match.....2) it gives Barrett a decent feud.....3) Jericho likely puts Barrett over in a nice title match. the IC title needs a feud and maybe a Jericho and Barrett feud for as long as Jericho stays there could help the IC titles prestige.

It was announced last night, after the match between Jericho & Miz ended in a no contest, it was announced that Barrett would face both men in a triple threat match on next week's Raw for the IC title.

Now this should be an entertaining match and one of two things needs to happen:

2. Take the title off Barrett and give it a fresh start. If WWE is only going to keep using Barrett this way as champ, then I'd much rather see Jericho pick up the title for the 10th time and possibly go onto WrestleMania to defend it.

Barrett has been pretty railroaded by WWE ever since he left Nexus. The Corre was awful. He was going good in a feud with Orton until he got injured. When he came back it seemed like he was going to get a push with his "open for business" schtick, but that was dropped. Now he's just an average IC Champ. All the while his music has sucked.

Miz is obviously filler in this match and will likely be pinned by Barrett. This is most likely culminating in a match between Jericho and Barrett at WM. I can easily see Jericho jobbing to Barrett then as well. Jericho has no problem putting people over, even if it's eventually going to do nothing for Barrett because, right now, WWE has no clue how to book a good midcard champ. One solid win does not make a good champ.

To me that segment last night just proved they're focusing far too much at the top of the card right now for 'Mania (as they've been doing the past 5 years or so) and leaving the mid-card to fall by the wayside.

Remember the Kane/RKO "feud" last year?

What worries me here is if Jericho is involved with the Wade, what happens to Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, Miz, etc @ the big dance? I figured for sure Dolph/Y2J would happen @ 'Mania but it looks like they're going in a different direction.

Wade needs to be moved up to the Main Even scene after 'Mania. He deserves better then his current position in the company.

I think they need to come up with a finish that sees a rematch at Mania, otherwise I can't see how Miz gets on the card as well. Then post-Mania Y2J and Barrett can have a program that will hopefully elevate Barrett.

Remember the Kane/RKO "feud" last year?
I love both of those guys, but that "feud" was one of the most boring ones I remember.

I remember not seeing Barret at Elimination Chamber (even Kofi and Ziggler got a match, which I loved) and with some of the recent face turns, SURELY they could pick up a face for him to have a match with. I wouldn't have minded if Wade bum-rushed (my new favourite word) Booker T and demanded a match with Ziggler as well.

I thought this match was interesting on WWE's part because here you have three men who desperately need to be over come Wrestlemania. Wade's IC title run has run its course. I'm not entirely optimistic that WWE can salvage Wade's career with a lengthy title reign. I know I dont speak for everyone but I'm severely uninterested in Wade's career to the point where I frequently forget who the IC champion is. Jericho coming into what might be his last WM as the intercontinental title would be monumental. The IC title is synonymous with Jericho and this could be his one true sendoff if they're looking for him to pass the torch. He could pass the torch down to The Miz, who WWE has been incredibly high on as of late. With a name like Ric Flair in his corner, winning the IC title at WM could be a step in the right direction. Of course WWE could always drop the belt on the Miz now but I dont feel that would be a good decision business wise. Having Miz go over both Wade and Jericho on Smackdown would be overkill.

I'm predicting Jericho pins Miz to win his 10th Intercontinental Championship. Barrett comes out on SmackDown and says that he wasn't defeated, should still be champion, blah blah blah, leading to a Jericho/Barrett match at WrestleMania 29. There I likely see Barrett regaining the title, but I'd prefer to see Jericho win to make up for last year, then drop the title back to Barrett at Extreme Rules instead.

What worries me here is if Jericho is involved with the Wade, what happens to Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, Miz, etc @ the big dance? I figured for sure Dolph/Y2J would happen @ 'Mania but it looks like they're going in a different direction.
i'm not worried about Dolph Ziggler because if they want to get him on the card at WM, they could easily just have him cash in AT WM (which would be a first and should happen no matter what). so if he isn't booked in a match, it wont kill him as he can easily just cash in and he will walk out with the title. as for Cesaro, I would like for him to be in a match with Miz, but honestly, I don't know what happens with him or Miz. I do think a Jericho and Barrett match would be fine.

It's funny, in 2 WM prediction threads that I've posted in over the last year, I've put down Miz vs. Jericho and Jericho vs. Barrett for the IC Title as matches I thought were gonna happen this year, and recently in another thread I mentioned the idea of Miz vs Barrett for the IC Title, and now it seems like WWE have taken all 3 of my predictions and merged them into a Triple Threat for the IC Title at Wrestlemania.

I think this match next week is going to lead to a rematch at Wrestlemania somehow. The only thing I can think of to setup the rematch is, both Miz & Jericho pinning Barrett at the same time, but no one including the referee knows who has won the belt, so Vickie Guerrero decares the belt vacant and orders a Triple Threat rematch for Wrestlemania for the vacant title.

Or Jericho could win the title for a 10th time, leading to Barrett vs. Jericho for the belt at Wrestlemania, but then where does that leave Miz for Wrestlemania? If Miz is not gonna be involved for the IC Title at Wrestlemania, I wonder what's even the point of including him in this programme then. They could easily setup Barrett/Jericho at Wrestlemania without him.

The thing I'm wondering most about though is where this leaves Antonio Cesaro for Wrestlemania. He has nobody set for him right now it seems, and I think Jericho would be a fresh, suitable opponent for him to defend the US Title against at Wrestlemania. Those two could really deliver an awesome match. Barrett really doesn't need both Jericho and Miz to feud with him for the IC Title, just a feud between Miz and Barrett alone makes sense because of their recent movies.

Personally I would prefer Jericho face Cesaro for the US Title and Miz face Barrett for the IC Title, both at Wrestlemania. But I wouldn't mind if they go with a IC Triple Threat rematch or Jericho vs. Barrett or Jericho vs. Miz somehow, at Wrestlemania.

The problem for Zig is that if he isn't on the card he HAS to cash in - and as such he isn't going to have any shock value in doing it.

I can see them going the Fatal Fourway route for Mania - Jericho wins the IC next week, then defends against Miz, Barrett, Cesaro with the US also on the line over 2 falls (like the classic Angle/Benoit/Y2J match) only Barrett gets taken out by Big E. before the match (lets face it a face turn is needed now for him) so Zig takes his place, wins the IC title AND THEN cashes in while letting Miz take the US title.

I like the idea of Jericho getting Barrett over but there are too many people not on this card for the 1-1 match to play - so far Zig, Ryback, Sheamus, Shield, Mark Henry, Orton, Miz, Cesaro don't have a match, assuming that Hell No split and face off and Scholars face Outlaws, the card is pretty much full and throwing these names into MITB or the traditional battle royal would be insulting (though I could see The Shield winning it as a unit)

So the logical thing is that the two singles titles go in the one match and Barrett is the only "replaceable" element in that equation.

Best thing they could do now is throw King Of The Ring (rename it the Bruno Sammartino Tournament) together like starting Monday and use that to "mop up" some of the talents who should have matches but are looking like they won't and have the final 4 at Mania.

Ehh, I may have to disagree with you on part of this. When was Barrett ever booked strong after beating Kofi for the title? I haven't seen him defend it at either the Royal Rumble or the Elimination Chamber... He's put into squash matches and loses. I don't think Barrett was booked strong at all. But I definately agree with you on if he retains, he'll have a stronger future ahead for him as champion.

This is honestly the way I definately would go. Let's think about this for a minute. What has Barrett done with the title? Nothing. What did he do before the title? Not much except for feuding with Kofi for the championship. Although it wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but having Jericho as champion again would be ok. The midcard championships are a joke. When are they ever defended? I'd just like to some fresh champion with the title. Barrett has done nothing with it at all.

I would love to see Jericho/Barrett at Mania, if its promoted properly. The thing about the IC Championship at the moment is that, like the US title, its once again disappearing into irrelevance, the thing about Jericho is, that he makes things relevant, if they put the title on Jericho, I reckon it would become relevant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back