• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next cycle of the Hall of Fame!

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
According to the rules, we were supposed to induct a wrestler every 3 months or so. The section is pretty much empty, but let's try to build this back up.

There are currently 13 members of the Hall of Fame. They are some of the biggest names in the wrestling industry. I'm gonna try and make a case for 5 more in this thread. Here are the current Hall of Famers:
  • Verne Gagne
  • Bret Hart
  • Roddy Piper
  • Bobby Heenan
  • El Santo
  • Randy Savage
  • Bruno Sammartino
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Lou Thesz
  • Andre the Giant
  • Steve Austin
  • Ric Flair
  • Hulk Hogan

And here are the 5 candidates I want to nominate:

1. Giant Baba
gp9ec3ah1f5i0.jpeg

Giant Baba is a 10-time World Heavyweight Champion. He has won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship 3 times, the International version 3 times and the PWF World Heavyweight Championship 4 times. He has been an international sensation, wrestling in JWA, NWA and AJPW. He also wrestled for Vince J. McMahon, selling out MSG in world title matches with Bruno Sammartino and Buddy Rogers. I don't see him entering the WWE Hall of Fame anytime soon, so I'd love to present the idea of immortalizing Giant Baba in our legitimate Hall of Fame.

2. Killer Kowalski

killerkowlaski_main_bio.png

Killer Kowalski is a 6-time World Hvt Champion. While he was a huge star in the USA, winning the AAC World title here, he was also the top draw in Australia's IWA for many years where he won 5 world titles and main evented countless events. He had an amazing career as the main villain to Bruno Sammartino in the early WWWF, and also trained a ton of our favorite guys of today like Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston and Triple H. If anyone deserves a Hall of Fame spot, it's this man right here.

3. The Rock

therock.jpg

It is almost a certainty that The Rock's in-wring career is over. Even if he does come back, it would be for an occasional match-up no different than if current Hall of Famer Roddy Piper stepped in the ring one more time. With Steve Austin already in the Hall, I think it is fitting that we discuss inducting the man who was both his arch-nemesis and co-star of the Attitude Era. Both of these guys were the top stars of the wrestling boom of the 90's/00's and deserve to sit side-by-side in our HoF.

4. Jim Ross

images

Just like with Bobby Heenan being the best Color Commentator of all time, you'll have a hard time finding someone who disagrees with Jim Ross being the best Play-by-Play announcer of all time. Jim Ross was the voice of WWE in it's most popular period and has a career that spanned various executive and on-air roles in Mid-South, NWA, WCW and WWE. He started as a referee in the 70's and had a career in wrestling that lasted 40 years until his unceremonious "retirement" last year. He's a fan favorite and definitely deserves a spot in our HoF.

5. The Fabulous Kangaroos

1106dasilva03.jpg

The Fabulous Kangaroos are one of the original tag teams. These guys oozed personality. And while many of us never got to see them live, their legacy lives on and has inspired plenty of wrestlers. In fact, a lot of people consider the Kangaroos to be pioneers in adding "sports entertainment" to wrestling by playing up their colorful and charismatic characters.

I think we should induct the most famous versions of the Kangaroos: Al Costello and Roy Hefferman and Al Costello and Don Kent.

We actually changed it to two wrestlers twice a year, in the summer and around now. LSN is working on writing up a short bio on our two lists right now.

I will say that one of the people you nominated are included on this round's list of candidates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back