• New Japan Stars Jump to WWE

• UK Championship Tournament Announced

• Roman Reigns Suspended

• Goldberg Returns

• Shane McMahon Returns

• Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker

• Billy Corgan Kicked out of TNA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Voted for the Corgan thing as a proxy for anything TNA business related. That was far bigger "news" than anything else on the list.

Then again, I'm not sure what qualifies as news in general let alone dirt sheet news.

I'm gonna say Reigns getting suspended simply because it fucked up The Shield Triple Threat build up. We'd be waiting years then when we get it there is only 2 thirds there for fuck sake. Prick.

Went with NJPW stars jumping ship. WWE and New Japan used to have a working relationship, but when Vince changed his mind about using major Japanese stars in the late 80's I'd never thought I'd see someone like Nakamura in the WWE. If Nakamura continues to be successful then it could open so many other doors in the future.

Oh, and Kenta too I suppose, but no one cares about that doofus.

CM Punk going to UFC and getting his ass kicked didn't make the list? For shame.

I'm opting for Hogan vs. Gawker here. Nothing else made mainstream media. It's because of this we found out Hogan said shitty things about black people, which made WWE remove his likeness for a time. He's a pop culture icon and there's something about a sextape. Remember sex tapes being all the rage? At his age, he remembered. So he deserves a vote here.

New Japan stars heading West. All wrestling fans had eyes on that story, whether you liked/disliked AJ+/WWE.

It might be because I despised Gawker and all it stood for, but I'm voting for Hogan dropping the leg on it. As Spidey said, it was all over mainstream media, and killed Gawker for the time being, and Hogan will probably be invited back to WWE with open arms sooner rather than later.

Really surprised Brock Lesnar back to UFC and his subsequent doping violation didn't make it as a choice here. Easily one of the biggest stories of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back