• Dusty Rhodes Passes Away

• Roddy Piper Passes Away

• Ring of Honor/TNA on Destination America

• Hulk Hogan's Racist Rant

• Jimmy Snuka Arrested For Murder

• Seth Rollins Out 6-9 Months

• Raw Ratings Tank

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most of these developments are things that, whil unfortunate or surprising, aren't really major. Tna to Destination America, maybe, but they'res till kicking.

Seth Rollins getting hurt came right the fuck out of nowhere and as far as we know completely upended the main event scene of WWE.

The most shocking story (other than the tragic deaths) was definitely Hulk Hogan's N-bomb and consequently, getting erased from the WWE. But I kinda want to vote for the first option, just to see Haiku's reaction. ;)

Hulk Hogan's racist rant; not so much the rant itself as the fallout from it. We're still waiting on the results of a lawsuit to figure out what the lesson here is, but I think it's that one pays attention to what Gawker writes at their own peril.

Hogan being a racist isnt new or shocking to me. Piper passing may not have gotten the tv time that Dusty did, but that seemed more sudden of a loss to me and is the only story this year that dropped my jaw in disbelief. Plus, TNA still kicking is much less a story than it will be when they finally tap out. So I gotta go with Piper.

Hogan as a news story didn't seem to last very long. I would vote for Piper or Dusty's deaths, but that feels too much like celebrating their death for some reason.

I think the one persistent news story would be the ratings drop. It's what has caused so much of what's happened the last quarter, between returns and title changes and almost every match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back