• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New York Jets' Bart Scott Coming To iMPACT! on March 3rd

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2459-NY-Jets-Bart-Scott-Coming-To-iMPACT

Per TNA's Press Release:

Bart Scott sounded like a pro wrestler during some of his playoff interviews.

He now gets to try the real thing.

The New York Jets linebacker will have the chance to rant and rave for an actual grappling company. FOXSports.com has learned that Scott has signed for a March 3 appearance with TNA Wrestling.

Scott's NFL contract will likely prohibit him from engaging in much — if any — physical activity. But just being involved will allow Scott to fulfill a lifelong dream. Scott is a diehard pro wrestling fan who counts Hulk Hogan among his all-time favorites.

Hogan had the following to say on the matter:

“I knew when Bart looked down the barrel of the camera he believed in himself and in what he was saying,” Hogan told the New York Daily News. “That makes him a real dangerous man. When his career’s over and he wants to make some real money, tell him to give me a call and we’ll break him in the right way."

--

Thoughts on all of this? Concerns?

I don't have problem with this at all. I'm a Huge Jets Fan and Bart Scott is one of my favorite players on the team. Bart is a Wrestling Fan that grew up loving Hulk Hogan like alot of people did so I have no problem with them filming a Backstage interview with Hogan and Scott and if that interview is anything like this one.....
[YOUTUBE]QJshw2Axsqc[/YOUTUBE]

It will be pretty entertaining.

as a Patriots fan i hate that video lol but he does have some mic skills and i like what hogan said about scott giving him a call when he retires and maybe he could be the next "Alpha Male" but even better, as far as his "debut" on march 3rd i have no idea how he could fit in right now?

good fucking god someone shut that damn company down already. its celebrity championship wrestling.....

this is just dumb. again, an outsider gets a nice payday while it gains no increase in ratings and the real tna roster gets time taken away from them as they watch thousands of dollars fill some celebrity pockets.

from the day the company started (i used to order every weekly ppv) until about august i was an incredible tna follower...i dont know, i guess i woke the hell up. its a shithole thats needs shut down.

As a lifelong Jets fan, I'm happy for Bart Scott. As a wrestling fan I'm confused. Why the Hell would TNA have him come in for an appearance? Where's the payoff if he can't get physically involved? How could he possibly advance a storyline? I just don't understand why TNA does the things they do.

I remember when tna brought in pacman, they got publicity. pacman also affected matches withoot really getting physically involved, maybe same thing can be done hear. oh and it definitely helps that he grew up a wrasslin fan

I would love to see Bart Scott on TNA he seems like he has a true intrest and not for a paycheck. Secondly. if he can do anything like the blindside hit i got 2 see him lay on Rapesburger in the M&T Bank Stadium in 2008 and look like he killed him I am sold on his apperence. Bart Scott is still a personal favorite of mine even though he is no longer a Baltimore Raven and I hope he can find success in the future if thats what it will be for him.

Anybody that does not understand this had got to be kidding. Directly after Scott's promo there were several pieces in the national media including espn that linked Hogan and Scott. Promotion is easily TNAs weakest area. They are simply taking the opportunity. Seems to make plenty of sense to me.

good fucking god someone shut that damn company down already. its celebrity championship wrestling.....

this is just dumb. again, an outsider gets a nice payday while it gains no increase in ratings and the real tna roster gets time taken away from them as they watch thousands of dollars fill some celebrity pockets.

from the day the company started (i used to order every weekly ppv) until about august i was an incredible tna follower...i dont know, i guess i woke the hell up. its a shithole thats needs shut down.

This is a publicity stunt nothing more nothing less. Any publicity is good publicity. Its almost the same thing that the WWE does/did with the guest host concept, yet you don't complain when WWE does it. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back