• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New TNA World Heavyweight Championship Revealed

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I was browsing by a few sites a little bit ago and I happened to run across this at gerweck.net. http://www.gerweck.net/2011/03/15/spoiler-pics-of-the-new-tna-world-title/

These are pictures of Sting carrying a new TNA World Championship belt across his shoulder. From what I can see of it, it looks pretty damn sweet and is an infinite improvement over Jeff Hardy's Megatron belt design.

--

5e8ff3577911986902efa13d913976f2_XL.jpg

[YOUTUBE]U2Zdb99dn28[/YOUTUBE]

Jeff's butterfly/merman belt is probably the worst title design in history, but I don't like this new one very much either.

I just don't see the need in changing the actual look of a title this often. There was nothing wrong with the belt that was used prior to Hardy's design. I'm not going to complain about it too much, though. As I said, it's WAY better than the crap TNA has been using (I still can't believe they thought that awful looking belt was okay to begin with)...

Its about time....

It definately looks better than the terrible Hardy inspired belt. Much more like a belt a worthy contender would want to carry around without looking ******ed.

I still like the TNA title they had originally. The one that EY grabbed was fantastic. Hopefully TNA wont make the mistake of a 'paint by numbers' belt again.

Finally a better belt. Wasn't that the one Mr. Anderson was supposed to get after he beat Hardy. Im not a big fan of seeing the belts change designs and hope it doesnt change again for awhile.

There was a thread earlier about this, but I'm guessing it got deleted due to the fact the pictures were posted in the thread itself.

Anyways, I really like the belt. Besides the WHC in WWE, this is my favorite championship belt between both WWE and TNA. It looks great. I really like how the 'TNA Wrestling Heavyweight Champion' lettering is silver. It really helps it pop on that center gold plate. The only thing I'm not too fond of is how many side plates this belt has...they could have done with a few less.

I like it better than the old TNA Heavyweight Championship, the original. However, TNA couldn't go back to that belt since it was tossed in the trash and Eric Young has been using it as a prop.

I'm just glad they got rid of that horrible, ugly, divas title that they were using for Jeff Hardy. The TNA Jeff Hardy belt = The worst championship belt in history.

At first, I didn't like it. Now after seeing it on TV, I do. I think everyone can agree it look a million times better then the custom Jeff Hardy belt. I still personally prefer the original one, but I do like this one. It looks like a real World Heavyweight Championship. If only that was the belt that Mr. Anderson held...soon enough! ;)

finally a decent looking belt. cant wait to see sting walking around with it more often (hopefully his title run lasts longer then his have in the past). cant wait to see sting defend his belt either.

Well since the thread is reopened, I'm glad TNA decided to throw Hardy's belt out like yesterday's garbage, and decided to bring a new Championship title out with a new design. Some say it looks like UFC, I guess I can see the similarities with the big bold letters in the front. Its an overall improvement in my opinion. The older title was too bland and Hardy's title looked worse then the Diva's title.

The TNA title that was thrown out and that EY has been wearing is an absolutely beautiful design.. this new one is ugly compared to ti.. but like everyone has said, atleast it's not the hardy belt...

It definitely looks like the UFC belts, there's no denying it.
Although the purple belt looked shit, it fitted Hardy.

I like this new belt coz it looks like the classic WCW/WHC big gold belt. The world title belt represents a company as much as the world champion.

Overall, I like it and definitely think it looks better than the pre-immortal one. Plus, that's Eric Young's now XD

I keep reading & hearing ppl talk about how they disliked Hardy's model belt, IMO that belt was pretty kool seeing that it was Jeff's custom model. It went perfect w/his persona, but I do agree it was terrible that they had others wearing it. I don't think it's ever a good idea to have other wrestlers rocking some1 else's custom belt unless it's an angle in the storyline. This new model that Sting has is pretty ok I liked the other one better but, Im sure I'll grow to really like this model in the near future.

I'm really glad they finally changed that fucking thing. I seriously have yet to see anyone who actually liked that fucking shit excuse for an autistic child's homework that used to be the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

It's not perfect, but it's all I ask for in a title belt. It's gold, it's standard if not a bit modern, and it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb leaving you feeling embarrassed for the poor sap who has to walk around with it on his shoulder/around his waist.

Good call TNA. Wow, that felt weird to say.

I like Jeff, but his customized World Title belt was atrocious. The damn thing looked so cartoonish, and the purple was very overwhelming. The new TNA World Championship belt looks awesome. It looks like a real World Title belt, and I think it's good idea to have Sting be the first one to carry it. Having Sting as the top guy is a good choice. He's a legend in pro wrestling, and he can still go in the ring.

The belt is cool... Yea, it looks like a UFC belt, but that's what's hot right now... It's a good idea to make it seem more modern and cool...

The old belt was a great design of what a real championship should look like, but it was trashed when EY started using it as a joke... I'm just waiting for someone to bash it with a hammer, tape it back together and use it as the Hardcore title... lol

The Hardy belt fit Hardy, but it looked dumb when Anderson had it... It was kind of a throwback to when Austin and Rock and Cena (Who's belt the still have) had their own belts, but it only really looks cool when they hold it and no one else...

On a related topic... WWE needs a new WWE Title... I hate that Cena inspired belt...

Yeah why the hell is that spinner belt (that doesnt spin anymore) still around? It looks like a toy.

But back to the new TNA Heavyweight Championship. I think it looks good. Its a little flashy, but not over the top, it still looks respectable.

The new belt looks cool, especially the silver lettering it makes it different that the belts WWE has and thats a good thing. As for Hardy's belt, people seem to forget that is was meant for him and only him the same way Austin, Edge and Cena had their own signature belts. I guess the reason that Anderson and Sting had to carry Hardy's belt was because the new belt wasn't ready yet.

It has a very nice design. It blends the old school look of the NWA/WCW/WWE Big Gold Belt with a modern day UFC/Pride naming design. One thing I never liked about the 2007-2010 title was that it looked absolutely flat. Not just in texture, but in look too. When you looked at it and then looked at the other TNA belts, the others looked a hell of a lot more attractive and stood out more while the World title just didn't. With this new design, you can actually tell what title it is from the distance while still keeping a full gold look and it has just as much texture as the other belts in TNA. Great job.

I have mixed feelings about this belt. It is a better design then Jeff Hardy's one. But I don't like the design of it. Apart from the lettering standing out which is a good thing its pretty plain. The 2007-2010 TNA world title's design was good but plain, It needed colouring like the new one has. But I guess I could live with this one. And on a side note the UFC title is a rip off of big gold. So if TNA have ripped off UFC then its all good ;-)

The new Championship looks good, but I think I'ld have prefered to see TNA stick with the original Championship. Because..................

Take the NWA Heavyweight Championship. That title looks awful, but it has become such a prestigous and important Championship because legends like Flair, Steamboat, Funk, Von Erich ect. have held that same Belt, not a different design but that same belt, it might have been in many different companies but the Champions are seen as the men that have won that designed Title. Now look at the legends that have held the old TNA Championship Angle, Sting, Foley, RVD and TNA 's best home grown stars Styles and Joe. Even Hardy originaly had that designed title so he could be added to the list. On top of that the old TNA World Championship was a great looking title. The only time Championships should be changed is temporary, if TNA's creative team feel a championship is stale, well then the next champion should have his own designed championship like Hardy's title, until they lose the title.

Thank GOD!!! I'm beyond sick of the fish belt.

This one looks a million times better, and the fact that it looks like legitimate belt, unlike the monster of the lake belt, ain't too bad a perk neither :)

Although i hope they don't get into a habit of constantly changing the belts :disappointed:

I like the belt. Looks really ... massive?

Even though I was and am one of the very few who didn't have anything against the Transformers Belt, I was always against the idea of other people having to walk around with it. It fit Hardy, it was for Hardy. This one's more formal. I like the black letters, I like how it looks more professional than the old TNA Belt. Can't wait to see someone get whacked over the head with it :laugh:

in defense of Hardy's belt, yes it is ugly but it served the purpose. Everyone agrees that the spinner belt looks dumb on everyone other than Cena but Cena was who it was designed for. Same here.

It is a nice design but 3 different title designs in roughly 3 years? Isn't it supposed to be a symbol of your company? I think it is a little too early for a new design. I am not sure why they ran that whole angle where EY finds the title and starts wearing it but after that, they needed to bring in a new design because who would take Sting, Anderson, Angle, Styles, etc seriously after seeing EY wear that same belt.

in defense of Hardy's belt, yes it is ugly but it served the purpose. Everyone agrees that the spinner belt looks dumb on everyone other than Cena but Cena was who it was designed for. Same here.

It is a nice design but 3 different title designs in roughly 3 years? Isn't it supposed to be a symbol of your company? I think it is a little too early for a new design. I am not sure why they ran that whole angle where EY finds the title and starts wearing it but after that, they needed to bring in a new design because who would take Sting, Anderson, Angle, Styles, etc seriously after seeing EY wear that same belt.

When I first saw the "Immortal/Jeff Hardy" custom world title belt itself, I was like "Well... It looks amazing on Jeff... But can I see Kurt Angle walking down the ramp wearing that?" -And quite frankly, the answer is no... They did away with the old title, and I really do like the new one. When sting brought it out, I thought to myself, "Is this going to be the championship representing TNA for the next few years?" Hopefully, it will be the championship for a long time, and TNA does not change the world championship itself. I have no problems in seeing the X-Division title become a custom belt, or the Knockout becoming custom. But the World Title? I do not think this should happen in ANY company... I do not even agree with the spinner belt, but of course, it looked amazing on Cena, that is why I will let the Immortal Belt go without any grudges...

Also, I do not see why Eric Young had to wear the belt, it was basically spitting on it, after Hogan threw it in the trash (literally)... I guess anything BUT Eric holding it, would have been more prestigious.. Just imagine Kurt Angle coming down, taking the belt, and carry it around... I know I would not forget about the belt, and it would have quite a bit of significance meanings to it, as Kurt helped establish the division and company itself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back