New TNA show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmagoonbt

Occasional Pre-Show
I think that is TNA ever does add a new show it should something like what WCW Saturday Night was. It was always great to have wrestling on early Saturday evening. It is also a place where guys like Kiyoshi, Rob Terry and such can wrestle and get better. Just a thought. Plus TNA can use the show to develop more talent and such.

I would like to see them have a Sunday Night Heat type of show for the same reasons you listed, except have it be on Sunday. They would be able to use them for pre-shows for their PPVs like WWF used to use Sunday Night Heat for. I remember really liking Sunday Night Heat around 98/99 as a kid, and it did help make me want to buy the PPV.

I'm sceptical about if an all Knockouts show would work. An all X-divison show might work, but I would rather have it feature anyone from the TNA Roster. It could give air time to people who didn't get air time on iMPACT!

Whatever the second show is going to be, I think we are going to see something in the near future.

Another TNA show probaby would help TNA for all the aforementioned reasons however, there is also another thing to consider from this topic. WWE has already over saturated the market, think about it RAW=2 hours, Smackdown=2 hours, ECW=1 hour plus every 3-4 weeks a 2 1/2-3hour PPV. Add TNA programming into the mix and you have IMPACT=2 hours plus a 3 hour PPV. Effectively some weeks there is 10 hours of wrestling which i think takes away any edge from respective shows because fans don't have to wait from one week to the next for feuds to develop. I personally would like to see a reduction in programming and mayb only have PPV's every three months. I think this would create more big fight matches and anticipation for PPV's.

I'm all behind TNA having another show. As you guys mentioned a Sat. or Sun. show to develop talent would be cool, but I prefer a Monday night show. Let's get the Monday Night Wars back! I am all for the moves that TNA are pulling off. Hogan is a great addition, even if he is old. He is a guy that can get people back into wrestling and turning on wrestling on Mondays. I was already going to keep tuning in after the Nigel debut, but now with Hogan I'm really hoping McMahon is on his heals.
This is what the business needs. The WWE programming is garbage. I really hope that TNA can go live on Mondays and keep bringing in new talent from places like ROH. What a huge day for wrestling fans!

I would like to see a sat or sun show but who's home on weekend's now ppl are out doing other things and most ppl will not stay home to watch wrestling . Monday nights make more sense I also think they should let Eric Bischoff run or help run creative plans for monday night he does have experience and beat Vince at his own game

[QUOTELet's get the Monday Night Wars back! [/QUOTE]

I'm a big TNA fan but to have a monday night war right now or in the next year would be like having a baby fight a man. WWE would crush TNA on monday nights, TNA just can't complete on an equal or greater basis at the minute weather it be ratings, merchandise, gate reciptes, marketing or whatever. TNA and its fans, just by signing Hogan, can't expect things to sky rocket over night

Coming soon to TNA.....

Geezers of Wrestling! More hardcore than ever before. Wheelchair matches, hide the fiber, blind mans bluff, marco polo, and the ever present; catchphrase manboobs posedown! Monday night only on SPIKE TV! Maybe Angela Lansbury can be the referee, or Betty White!

Seriously...

I'm not opposed to a second show. I personally would have preferred a Saturday night show, but it appears that TNA is going to test the market out on Mondays. I'm assuming this has a big deal to do with Eric and Hulk signing, but it could be a plus. Everyone has been comparing them to each other, with absolutely no reason to.

This will at least get people chattering about the product in the "B" company, and how can that be bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back