New Spurs & Portsmouth Manager

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Harry Redknapp. So that now leaves Pourtsmouth without a manager. I'm going to go with Sam Allardyce for that job. But I can't help but think Spurs is a step back for Redknapp. Spurs are bigger in name, but Pourtsmouth are on the rise. Although I do hear the owner wants to sell the club, so maybe he was getting out before that happened. Either wayy I don't see him having an easy time at Spurs.

I think the 3-0 loss to Braga in mid week shows that Harry had done everything he could for portsmouth. Tottenham is a new challange and to be honest its one that will be difficult but we all know its one he will rise to and complete. I feel bad for all those people that have put money on Spurs being relegated this season as I really don't see that happening now

Even with such a bad start to the season I don't think anybody really expected Spurs to go down. Obviously they still could, but really the worst that'll happen to them is that their season is a total write-off. Which it probably is already. Newcaste are in bigger trouble.

To be honest, i'm surprised he went to Spurs.

Portsmouth are on the rise at the moment, and Harry was a key part of that. With him Pompey could have gone really far in Europe and in the league, Redknapp is very good tactically and for getting good players in at a bargain.

As for Spurs, he'll do well. He has inherited a very talented yet misguided squad. It's full of potential and i'm sure Harry is the man to get that out of them. Don't read too much into this season, but wait until next. They need time to gel, and with Redknapp as manager they will do really well.

I think Redknapp is making a big mistake going to Spurs as he is leaving Pompey who are in 7th place and joining the team that is bottom of the league who are also low on confidence and play like individuals instead of a team.

If he isn't successful at Spurs and leaves them, will Portsmouth welcome him back with open arms for a third time or will they opt for a different manager.

I can see Keegan going to Pompey and I feel he could be just as successful as Redknapp was

Spurs is a bigger club, and he's really got nothing to lose. They're bottom of the league, the only way is up. He can concentrate on not getting relegated, or even try for a UEFA spot. Then next year start fresh.

Spurs is a bigger club, and he's really got nothing to lose. They're bottom of the league, the only way is up. He can concentrate on not getting relegated, or even try for a UEFA spot. Then next year start fresh.

I'm currently looking for odds on Spurs qulifing for a uefa cup spot at the moment as it has to be worth a flutter. Spurs is a step up for Harry as they have a real ambition of winning things in europe. The squad is talented they just had the wrong manager

The odds will be that low it'll be worth a go. They've had a bad start, but it's not impossive. I still don't think it's likely. But you'll probably find that £5 will be more than worth your time.

Thread changed to include the new Portsmouth manager - Tony Adams. While you can understand them giving the job to somebody who was already in the club. I still expected them to go with Allardyce or Curbishley.

I for one hope Adams fails, I love a good failure.

I think it's great to see another manager getting the chance to manager at the highest level and I hope Adams does a good job at Pompey as he is one of my football idols

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back