New shirt is disrespectful to the Attitude Era

I Heart Cena

Pre-Show Stalwart
W09503.jpg

Putting the vanilla WWE logo next to Attitude is a disgrace. I hope no one buys that crap shirt. The only logo that should ever be associated with the GOAT era should be, obviously, the scratch WWF logo. Please do not buy that stupid shirt. If you want nostalgia, buy this shirt:

V3fiEpR.png

That is authentic Attitude Era. An era of entertainment transcendent to anything else.

How dare the WWE avoid potential legal action whilst also adding a representation of their ethos on their product? This shirt was specifically designed for I hate Cena only, and by adding a logo in the centimetres range that most people viewing the t-shirt would probably not even notice, they have compromised the integrity of the product. Shame on them.

Damn, my Megadeth Rust In Peace 20th anniversary shirt has the number 2010 on it, even though it's now 2015. Time to throw it away even though it fits perfectly and represents one of my favourite albums of all-time.

How the hell is it disrespectful?

The whole fucking point of the shirt is promoting the Attitude Era, highlighting it's importance and popularity! The only way this shirt is in any way disrespectful is the fact that Mick Foley isn't on it (I think he definitely should be).

If they can't legally use the Attitude Era WWF logo on any new t-shirts, then it's not going to be on is it? Yes, I prefer the Attitude Era one but it's not exactly important to the design of the shirt.

You have too much time on your hands if this is bothering you that much, buddy.

Mick Foley is not on the Tee-shirt? He was responsible for some of the best moments in the Attitude Era. His "This is your life" segment with the Rock is the most watch WWE tv event in history. I just won't buy the Tee-Shirt.

It's a shame WWE put themselves in the legal bind they did when it comes to the WWF name, personally I wish circumstances allowed them to keep the WWF name period, however they violated agreements which put them in that spot.

I digress, for anything nostalgia based that is pre 2002, it would be nice to see the WWF logo highlighted, however outside of WWE Network presentations, we will not ever be likely to see the WWF logo on anything else.

My real issue is how the video games can't showcase the WWF logo for the retro arenas and the archive footage on the games. If the network can showcase the WWF logo, why can't the video games at least do the same.

Anyway, I am not going to use the hyperbole of saying this shirt is disrespectful to the Attitude era but I will concede the WWE logo does look silly next to it BUT WWE has to make sure it's branded properly, so while my personal taste doesn't jive with this, I see why it's being done this way.

Last I checked the AE was built on disrespect.

Not sure if this thread is irony or hypocrisy. Either way it is sad. Maybe Trump will make it one of campaign issues.

Are their butts hanging out on the other side? I'm not sure if it's possible to insult an era as you describe, and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the AE was still going on when they took the "F" off of that logo. They're not misattributing anyone to the AE or excluding anyone of major significance.

If you see someone walking down the street wearing that shirt, just carry on.

Are their butts hanging out on the other side? I'm not sure if it's possible to insult an era as you describe, and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the AE was still going on when they took the "F" off of that logo. They're not misattributing anyone to the AE or excluding anyone of major significance.

If you see someone walking down the street wearing that shirt, just carry on.

It's disrespectful if their butts aren't hanging out. Butts hanging out would totally make it an Attitude era shirt.

If they aren't going to have the butts they shouldn't have even made the shirt.

How dare the WWE avoid potential legal action whilst also adding a representation of their ethos on their product? This shirt was specifically designed for I hate Cena only, and by adding a logo in the centimetres range that most people viewing the t-shirt would probably not even notice, they have compromised the integrity of the product. Shame on them.

Damn, my Megadeth Rust In Peace 20th anniversary shirt has the number 2010 on it, even though it's now 2015. Time to throw it away even though it fits perfectly and represents one of my favourite albums of all-time.
They're not blurring the WWF logo anymore on the WWEN, so they can probably use it. Your Megadeath analogy was terrible. Just completely off.
Last I checked the AE was built on disrespect.

Not sure if this thread is irony or hypocrisy. Either way it is sad. Maybe Trump will make it one of campaign issues.
This thread is good, not sad. And Trump is only interested in this if it's to deport Rock back to Samoa.
Nope, the WWF scratch logo was still in effect when the AE ended the week after WMx-8.

The new vanilla wwe logo belongs nowhere near anything about the AE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back