New Raw theme, but old song????

If I'm not mistaken, that week's episode of Raw was their 1100th episode. So it wouldn't surprise me if that video was a way to get people to remember the Attitude Era. Then again, I'm not the greatest with show dates unless I google them.

I was actually watching a Raw episode from 1993 on the network yesterday, and thinking how I wish they would've kept the very first theme and never changed it. It would give good branding and consistency. Do you see other long running tv shows change their theme? Nope.

As for this one, I thought this theme was okay, but I never particularly liked how it was edited with all these short clips, and I also found it terribly strange that clips of the Union Underground performing the song were mixed in with the clips of the wrestlers, just seemed odd they would feature the band so prominently when they have nothing to do with the show. I'd be all for them going back to an old theme though, I'm a big mark for history, same reason I feel they should go back to the winged eagle belt. The product can evolve but it would give them some anchors to the past.

It was only to celebrate Raw's 1,100th episode and tribute to the Ruthless Aggression/ Attitude Era that is all.

as said above it was merely just a throw back show, and they couldn't use that theme on a regular occasion its too "racey" talks about sex, drugs, and contained F words lol
if i remember on the previous Raw oldschool they used the Thorn In My Eye/All Together Now mix so once again it was just an old school thing for the long standing fans i think

my top 3
Across The Nation
Thorn in My Eye/All Together Now mix
Burn it To The Ground

sadly they will never be used again, at the very least they'd have to pay royalties to some people that aren't working for them anymore.

Smackdown
Beautiful People was awesome
Saturday Night Alright for Fighting

I tell you what man, for a short time at the beginning of the Attitude Era, they had the ring on fire with the stars fighting in the middle and the music was Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People. That was pretty awesome

Yeah, I gotta say, having the right music generally enhances the watching experience. I don't know why, but for some reason whenever I hear "All Together Now", I just want to go insane, like lift weights or pound a beer or something badass, lol...

It fit the product well, and I guess to an extent, the current theme fits the target viewing audience to a degree, its just at some point you just wish some thing never change. Not to go on a tangent but it really makes me admire the talent of Jim Johnson, that guy is a musical genius as far as getting the right song for the right mood; the songs he has composed have become embedded into a generation to an extent. I mean the glass shattering, no chance in hell, if you smell....., they become the outcries of a generation of wresting that's beloved by many.

But to sum up, I think that RAW needs a fresh theme to suit the roster, I like the bumper song from Shinedown, it fits decently, but "the Night" is well, its just meh... They need something new imo.

I was actually watching a Raw episode from 1993 on the network yesterday, and thinking how I wish they would've kept the very first theme and never changed it. It would give good branding and consistency. Do you see other long running tv shows change their theme? Nope.

As for this one, I thought this theme was okay, but I never particularly liked how it was edited with all these short clips, and I also found it terribly strange that clips of the Union Underground performing the song were mixed in with the clips of the wrestlers, just seemed odd they would feature the band so prominently when they have nothing to do with the show. I'd be all for them going back to an old theme though, I'm a big mark for history, same reason I feel they should go back to the winged eagle belt. The product can evolve but it would give them some anchors to the past.

Super Sunday, mulitple NFL themes, News channels, a lot of soap operas and so on show that your statement is wrong.

However, I was never a fan of Across The Nation however it was a much better theme than any others after it. With that said, when was the last time Raw actually had an introduction?, the whole concept is seemingly in the past and only used for commercials worldwide when the live show isn't ready for the commercial slot of that channel.

I would absolutely not want to see that as the Raw intro. I never liked that song. Now, if they are going to bring back an old Raw theme it needs to be Thorn In Your Eye. That was such an awesome song and it was used during Raw's most popular timeframe. The Papa Roach song used a few years back was underrated, and I wouldn't mind that getting brought back either, but not Across the Nation. It was a huge step down from Thorn In Your Eye. At least it was better than Burn It To the Ground....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back