Kane going back to the old ways?

HillBillyJim

Champion of Champions
While looking at the Raw preview earlier on WWE.com, I saw this listed:

"So Kane’s got Bray Wyatt in a Ring of Fire at SummerSlam in a bout that’s set to take both Superstars, quite literally, to the edge of hell itself. But while the backwoods preacher Wyatt has certainly proven himself as sinister a Superstar WWE has ever seen, Kane is coming off one of the more balanced years of his career, if not his life. Just a year ago, he was dipping his toes into anger management with Daniel Bryan and as of last month, hugging it out wasn’t entirely off the table for The Devil’s Favorite Demon just yet. Can Kane rediscover his old, sadistic ways in time? And even if so, will it be too little, too late?" http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-08-12/five-point-preview-26139041/page-3

By old sadistic ways, I imagine he will first get a personality change, stop talking and hugging and maybe beat some people up. Next, maybe he will bring back his old outfit, or something similar to it. i hope that old ways is not bald fat kane from 04-11. what do you guys think "Rediscovering old ways" means?

I have to agree with you and say that I don't think we will see much more of the all talking all Hugging Kane that we have all come to know and love and instead I can see a more violent and destructive Kane that we saw debut all those years ago under the control of Paul Bearer, But instead of Bearer holding the leash, Its going to be Bray Wyatt and if Kane does end up joining the Wyatt family, then I would expect to see him with a different look also. and I imagine that look would be a lot like he had in the movie See No Evil.

I think so, I hope Kane goes back to his older big red machine charatcer but I really don't see him joining the Wyatt family, I think he'll lose the "Ring of Fire" and stay a way for a few months and will return to get revenge.

I think that it'll strictly be a personality change.

We'll see Kane go back to the Big Red Monster that he has been for the majority of his career. More specifically, the character that he plays when he's not playing the comic relief. He'll start beating people up and tombstone pile-driving people again. Personally, I've always preferred Kane as a monster, however, he's not to bad as a comedy character either.

I'll be happy to see him return to form for this Inferno Match.

Generally speaking, I think he'll be going back to his "old ways" as a more darker character, a "monster" if you will. The match with Bray Wyatt at SummerSlam, which I'm assuming is WWE's new name for an Inferno Match, alone is an indicator of that. I've enjoyed Kane's journey into a more broadened character because he'd long since gone as far as he could as a "sadistic monster" and because he was, surprisingly, damn good. However, now that he & Bryan have gone their separate ways, it makes sense to take Kane back to his darker nature.

According to reports, Kane is due to reprieve his role as Jacob Goodnight in a sequel to See No Evil. Shooting of the film is set to take place this fall and the same reports say that Kane's match with Wyatt will be a way to write him off television so he can film the role. I'm doubting the film will start shooting, at least the scenes featuring Kane, immediately following SummerSlam, he'll probably get some time off to merely rest up and relax. So yeah, odds are that Kane will be darker upon his eventual return.

As far as it being "too late", not really as he's someone who can still deliver. At 46 years old, Kane's not only in great shape, but he can still be a compelling character that's still entertaining to watch inside the ring. I think his days as a main eventer are probably over and I won't be surprised if WWE has him in something of a support role going forward where he ultimately puts over younger stars. It's something he's really been doing quite a bit of for quite a while anyway and Bray Wyatt will probably be the latest example.

Yeah, I think Kane will be more serious, just like Daniel Bryan is becoming more serious.

As for the whole mask thing, weren't we demanding that he put the mask ON the other year? Really?

"Kane's going back to his old ways". We heard that like a thousand times in the past. Yes, I think he will become once again that Devastating Big Red Ass-Kicking Machine, only to go back to his comedic character in 5-6 months. Or back to jobbing to the stars. It always happens the same thing with Kane and I don't think it's going to change now that he is 46 years old. He's too good in that comedic character. There are other superstars that could fit into that "monster" character like Ryback, Big Show or Henry.

This will be a good move for Kane. While I don't hate Kane in his current form, it would be refreshing to see him return to the "monster" gimmick. Even if it just for a few months, a change would be good for Kane and for Bray Wyatt. Writing Kane of TV for a month or so, then have him return as his sadistic self to take out the Wyatt's would be a good move. A feud between the Wyatt family and Kane ( perhaps the Undertaker) will be enjoyable.

Bray Wyatt need to get over and Kane needs a program and something refreshing for the next few months. I don't think anything drastic will change but it will be minor tweaks. His promos will change so that it reflects Kane the monster, he will also need to act out more physically.

I see the Wyatt Family getting over on Kane.But this could lead to a great angle where the Undertaker "bring the Monster back from the Dead".It wouldn't make sense to have the Wyatt Family lose to Kane with all their build up.But this would be a good chance to give Kane a lil time off and him back around Survivor Series with Taker.A super dramatic entrance with the druids and everything.Taker wouldn't have to work hard but still see if he can be ready by WrestleMania plus bring Kane back as the monster.But I truly miss the monster.Admitt it did get stale and Kane and Bryan were really entertaining.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but his fights with the Undertaker were the most aggressive. When he's with Daniel Bryan, I don't see even a quarter of that aggressiveness.

I don't understand what everybody sees in Husky Harris. The two big guys with him are the dangerous ones, weren't they? But they don't "wrestle", do they? I find them extremely boring. I know, that's just me.

By old sadistic ways, I imagine he will first get a personality change, stop talking and hugging and maybe beat some people up.

I'm for it. When he first went back under the mask, it seemed he was going to return to his fire & brimstone days; the demon who would attack heels and faces alike....completely unpredictable. But when a program came along to turn him face, he ran with it and I was struck by how adaptable his character was. Glenn Jacobs deserves an (under)world of credit for being able to handle the contrast in roles. Do you think every performer would be able to execute a "snuggly" program with Daniel Bryan? I don't; especially one who looks the way Kane does.

Now that he's done with Daniel and Randy Orton, I can't think of a better time to turn him back into what was apparently intended when he put the mask back on.....and I absolutely cannot come up with a better opponent on which to return to his old mission than Bray Wyatt and his gang.

Combating the mysterious and scary with your own version of same? I think it's great. For Summerslam, Kane probably gets beat up by all three of them, as before. But in the future, rather than gathering a gang to contend with Bray's version of the Shield, Kane most likely finds a way to pick 'em off one by one......alone, the way it was always intended for the character of Kane to function.

Kane is going back to his old way, because they are making another See No Evil movie. I think it's filming this fall. So this story line is going to lead into that. I think. Also, I really liked the first See No Evil, so I'm pretty stoked to finally have a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back