New NWA World Heavyweight Champion

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
I went to the NWA Pro Wrestling Fusion event tonight in Jacksonville and we saw the crowning of a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. The Sheik defeated Colt Cabana to become the new champ after hitting him with his boot when the ref was knocked out and locking in the Camel Clutch. The ending really came out of nowhere and kind of fell flat, but it was still pretty cool to see a title change. Cabana just won the title last month too, so it's weird he already lost it.

Thoughts on the new champ?

Yo Bearded One, any chance of some thoughts on the live event? Are you familiar with this Sheik guy and if so is he any good? Because I've never heard of the guy. Colt has a rematch scheduled in a few weeks so they'll probably just toss it back to him again.

They've built up Sheik for awhile. He's a lot like the original one from Detroit who allegedly gave this one his blessing to use the gimmick. He's not bad.

When I saw Sheik, I was thinking of the old guy. That would be ridiculous. Then I thought it may have been Davari.

They've built up Sheik for awhile. He's a lot like the original one from Detroit who allegedly gave this one his blessing to use the gimmick. He's not bad.

You got any videos, klunder? Besides the Hollywood thing I don't watch much NWA and was kinda hoping Colt had a good run. :shrug:

Yo Bearded One, any chance of some thoughts on the live event? Are you familiar with this Sheik guy and if so is he any good? Because I've never heard of the guy. Colt has a rematch scheduled in a few weeks so they'll probably just toss it back to him again.

The event was great. It was actually my first ever independent show I've ever been to, so I was excited. I never heard of any of the guys in the first few matches, but they were decent enough so I was pleased. The building was pretty nifty, too. It is a perfect place for an indy show like this and there were about 150 to 200 people in attendance.

Lince Dorado and Craig Classic had one hell of a match. Dorado really knows how to use the environment around him. He did a springboard moonsault into where me and my friend were sitting, so if you ever see the match, you'll see me hi-five him. There was another spot that was like a mixture of John Morrison from the Royal Rumble and Jimmy Jacobs at DGUSA's Bushido: Code of the Warrior, it was insane. Craig Classic got the win in the end to retain his Junior Heavyweight Title.

The Briscoes and the Dark City Fight Club had a great match as well. I've always been a fan of the DCFC and heel Briscoes are insane live. Everyone in this match just beat the crap out of each other for 20 minutes. This was a match I always wanted to see in ROH, and to my knowledge they never did it. The DCFC retained their titles. After the match, Jon Davis said they could have a rematch whenever they wanted one the Briscoes acted like they were getting back in the ring. When they tried to bail, Mark Briscoe fell right on his head. I got me a good laugh.

The main event was pretty good, but the ending killed it. Cabana went for his running hip attack in the corner, but the Sheik pulled the ref in the way, which, of course, knocked him out. The Sheik then rolled to the outside and took his boot off, but I'm not sure if he put anything in it. He then nailed Cabana with it and locked in the Camel Clutch. The ref came to and checked Cabana's arm and it fell three times and the Sheik became the new champion. We were all silent when the bell rang because nobody saw that coming. I didn't see the match ending there, so I was kind of confused. But once everyone realized what happened, the Sheik got some good heat. I got me a freak out on him as he walked by.

I've only seen a few matches of the Sheik and he is pretty good. He's very old-school and it works for something like this. He actually got the blessing to work this gimmick from the original Sheik, which is pretty cool.

Overall, I had a blast at this show. I would say check it out, if only to see the NWA title change hands. Lice Dorado had the best showing of the night and made me a bigger fan than I already was. The second half of the show in general is worth a watch. If they release this on DVD I'm definitely buying it.

There is another indy show this Friday, this time it's the United States Championship Wrestling promotion. I didn't know Jacksonville had this kind of indy wrestling scene, so I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Stating the irrelevance of a title is now being a prick? Perhaps then we should outlaw discussion of any title not in TNA or WWE, just to be sure no one is a prick.

It's being a prick because you went out of your way to leave a negative comment on something. You could have easily not commented at all, it's not that hard to do. Just because something is irrelevant to you doesn't mean it's irrelevant to everyone.

The event was great. It was actually my first ever independent show I've ever been to, so I was excited. I never heard of any of the guys in the first few matches, but they were decent enough so I was pleased. The building was pretty nifty, too. It is a perfect place for an indy show like this and there were about 150 to 200 people in attendance.

Lince Dorado and Craig Classic had one hell of a match. Dorado really knows how to use the environment around him. He did a springboard moonsault into where me and my friend were sitting, so if you ever see the match, you'll see me hi-five him. There was another spot that was like a mixture of John Morrison from the Royal Rumble and Jimmy Jacobs at DGUSA's Bushido: Code of the Warrior, it was insane. Craig Classic got the win in the end to retain his Junior Heavyweight Title.

The Briscoes and the Dark City Fight Club had a great match as well. I've always been a fan of the DCFC and heel Briscoes are insane live. Everyone in this match just beat the crap out of each other for 20 minutes. This was a match I always wanted to see in ROH, and to my knowledge they never did it. The DCFC retained their titles. After the match, Jon Davis said they could have a rematch whenever they wanted one the Briscoes acted like they were getting back in the ring. When they tried to bail, Mark Briscoe fell right on his head. I got me a good laugh.

The main event was pretty good, but the ending killed it. Cabana went for his running hip attack in the corner, but the Sheik pulled the ref in the way, which, of course, knocked him out. The Sheik then rolled to the outside and took his boot off, but I'm not sure if he put anything in it. He then nailed Cabana with it and locked in the Camel Clutch. The ref came to and checked Cabana's arm and it fell three times and the Sheik became the new champion. We were all silent when the bell rang because nobody saw that coming. I didn't see the match ending there, so I was kind of confused. But once everyone realized what happened, the Sheik got some good heat. I got me a freak out on him as he walked by.

I've only seen a few matches of the Sheik and he is pretty good. He's very old-school and it works for something like this. He actually got the blessing to work this gimmick from the original Sheik, which is pretty cool.

Overall, I had a blast at this show. I would say check it out, if only to see the NWA title change hands. Lice Dorado had the best showing of the night and made me a bigger fan than I already was. The second half of the show in general is worth a watch. If they release this on DVD I'm definitely buying it.

There is another indy show this Friday, this time it's the United States Championship Wrestling promotion. I didn't know Jacksonville had this kind of indy wrestling scene, so I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Wow sounds like a pretty great show, I'm definitely going to have to see if I can get my hands on a copy of this it seems. That Dorado-Classic match sounds great and Lince has been one of my favorites in CHIKARA for awhile.

Wow sounds like a pretty great show, I'm definitely going to have to see if I can get my hands on a copy of this it seems. That Dorado-Classic match sounds great and Lince has been one of my favorites in CHIKARA for awhile.

I'm probably overrated it some because being there is always better, but it was well worth the $20 and the Saturday evening I spent on it.

It's being a prick because you went out of your way to leave a negative comment on something. You could have easily not commented at all, it's not that hard to do. Just because something is irrelevant to you doesn't mean it's irrelevant to everyone.

Out of my way? It's a wrestling forum, of which I'm on Staff. I assure you, there's no thread that's "out of my way". The fact is it's an irrelevant championship. You created a thread to talk about the title, and that's what I did.

Just because you don't like what I had to say doesn't mean it shouldn't be said.

I must say, at this point I really wish that the NWA Championship would just do the decent thing and die.

It isn't relevant and will never be relevant again. They've milked the legacy for all it's worth, and there is clearly no interest in respecting the old school traditions associated with the strap. At this point it's just any other belt, except this one dates back to Lou Thesz, and I'd rather not see Thesz's belt act as a pro-wrestling punchline.

Out of my way? It's a wrestling forum, of which I'm on Staff. I assure you, there's no thread that's "out of my way". The fact is it's an irrelevant championship. You created a thread to talk about the title, and that's what I did.

Just because you don't like what I had to say doesn't mean it shouldn't be said.

I've clearly been gone for too long, that I agree with you on anything.

On-topic: Yes. I agree wi9th Gelgarin. It needs to die, so we don't have to remember it the way it is now.

From Lou Thesz, to Ric Flair, to Sting, to Jeff Jarrett, to Sting, to Christian, to Chris freakin' Adams.

But nevermind that shit. here comes Mongo:

The one who died in 2003? Three years before the current one started using the gimmick? Neh I don't think he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back