New life for former wrestlers

wbuqed

I bring the meat even if ur a vegan
excuse me if this doesn't seem like the appropriate section, it felt right to me

so I was reading and saw a Youtube vid on Bobby Lashley's last fight vs Mike Cook which was basically a 24 second chokeout. Lashley is 3-0 and stands to fight veteran MMA fighter Bob Sapp in late June.

Meanwhile Brock Lesnar who is 3-1 will face Frank Mir in a UFC heavyweight title match in july.

Two questions that I have

1. Who do you think out of these two do you think will go further in an MMA career?

2. Are there any current wrestlers or any recently departed wrestlers who you can see taking a legit run in MMA?

Brock Lesnar will go further without a doubt. He's got the killer insinct Bobby Lashley doesn't. Plus Brock is already in the big leagues of MMA, so until he makes it to UFC let's hold off on this hype he's getting. As far as a current wrestler making a legit MMA run I'm going to go with Ezekiel Jackson. He has the size and strength to destroy just about anyone.

Well Brock Lesnar is already in the UFC, he is already the Heavyweight champ, and has co-headlined 4 fights. He's going to be in the UFC for the long run. Bobby Lashley has fought until now scrubs and is going to be fighting a has been/never was in Bob Sapp. Dana White was asked about lashley and he said he would really have to impress because he's wary about having 2 former pro wrestlers in the UFC. He did however said he would be open to having him on the ultimate fighter. So Lesnar is going to have the better career and go further.

Current wrestlers going far in MMA, right now in honest opinion none of them cause i don't see anyone leaving nor do i see many wrestlers with the talent to be successful in MMA. If i had to pick i'd pick Shleton Benjamin, Jack Swagger and Charlie Haas because of their amateur wrestling background.

As far as a current wrestler making a legit MMA run I'm going to go with Ezekiel Jackson. He has the size and strength to destroy just about anyone.

Size and strength mean nothing if you don't have any technique. You can't just throw any on in a cage and expect them to be successful (Kimbo Slice). People who make it to the UFC or other various promotions have been practicing their craft for years whether it be amateur wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, or kickboxing.

I forget about Kimbo "Nothing But Hype" Slice. Big Zeek would proably have to do a lot to impress Dana White. And even if he does I don't think Dana White will push the hell out of him like Elite XC did Slice.

well the reason I included Lesnar in the question is because I think a good portion of the push in UFC is not deserved , he was an ok fighter when he got his first title shot, but has less than 5 wins. I mean I don't by any stretch of the imagination consider myself an MMA expert but even to a laymen I don't think he's deserved what he's gotten

Lesnar was pushed really fast in the UFC but he always delivered. His first fight with Mir was all Lesnar until he got sloppy, then he utterly destroyed Heath Herring and when he fought the champ Randy Couture he once again beat the piss out of him. Lesnar IS the UFC champion and will go further then Lashley and any other wrestlers who ventures into MMA. As for someone I could see moving on into MMA it would have to be the Undertaker. I know he is to old to do it know but he has the striking and the submissions, which he showcases in some matches.

I always laugh whenever I hear UFC fans praise Brock Lesnar and it is always followed by, "I am glad he got out of that "fake" wrestling shit!" What? You don't think UFC has politics like wrestling does? Yes, wrestling is "entertainment" and it is a "controlled environment." But, Lesnar DOES NOT deserve to be where he is at today. The fact is, Dana White saw a "cash cow" in Lesnar and saw what kind of impact he could make with the crossover from pro wrestling to UFC. He bet all of his chips on Lesnar and it just so happened Lesnar is a legitimate badass who could back it up. I, for one, am not a fan of Lesnar just b/c McMahon pushed his ass like it was the second coming of Hogan, and Lesnar left, high and dry, and now looks down upon the entertainment that made him a well-known name. I truly hope Mir kicks his ass the next time they meet.

Honestly, after seeing that last Lashley fight, I hope he does go farther than Lesnar has. But, in the MMA world, I dont think anyone can really be sure who will go farther.

It's really hard to say who, out of the current or recently current roster would be good in the UFC. I always thought Bob Holly was probably pretty tough outside a wrestling ring. Also, I bet Kurt Angle would probably be pretty tough as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back