• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New General Managers

DD84

PWN
Tonight on ECW, Teddy Long was re-promoted to Smackdown to become their GM and ECW's new GM is Tiffany. How do you feel about the new choices, you like it or not? Do you think Tiff will be effective as GM and do you think Teddy will be the Teddy Long of years ago on Smackdown?

I like Teddy back on Smackdown. I never understood why he was taken away from his role as GM on Smackdown, as the old sports saying goes, you can't lose your job due to injury. I wished he was GM on RAW, but hey what can you do. I think he will not be as good as he used to be, but still be good.

On ECW's new GM Tiff, I was very surprised b/c she is very young, 23. I thought they were trying to train her to become a WWE wrestler. I get it though, it is ECW, so I understand. It will be very odd.

Your Thoughts.

I like not taking any good-looking blonde and forcing her into the ring early and making them a Diva. You have plenty of Divas right now, I don't think there's a need for another. If there's one argument everyone makes it's that WWE is not effectively building talent, this is a perfect opportunity and I'm psyched. With the ECW GM role, she's going to be forced to be a presence, and work on mic skills and have that persona. She's actually getting a better shake than any other Diva in this way.

She can't be worse than Adamle. And ultimately, if it works out she could turn out to be a great female manager on Raw or Smackdown... or a Raw/Smackdown GM. I think it's great character-building. Good job, WWE.

I was actually looking forward to seeing a NEW General Manager for Smackdown, but I'm all for seeing Theodore Long back. He was obviously doing nothing for ECW and ECW was doing nothing for him. SD! needs someone like Theodore Long and he can help SD! get back on its feet. Tiffany, on the other hand has shown a bit of affection for Ricky Ortiz in the past and really likes to see that divas compete. So, Ricky Ortiz might be getting a push, assuming that it brought up, and we'll likely see more divas compete on ECW.

Well, I can't really criticize Tiffany yet, as she did a decent job tonight. But Teddy Long, I just don't like him at all, and I hope they keep his appearances on Smackdown to a bare minimum. I just am not a fan of the "holla" and "playa" lingo and that stupid way he walks down to the ring. To me, Teddy isn't bad on the mic in the sense that he doesn't get flustered and stutter, but those 3 things just make him annoying as hell to listen to. I'd much rather have had them put someone like Regal on Smackdown instead of Teddy. We'll see about Tiffany, though. And I really hope that they end the Vickie + Husband storyline for Raw as well, since that's been over a full year now and I think its time to move on.

well first off like many have said Tiffany will be good on ECW. this is where they can build there future GM's at. this will work well because one day i could see her as a Smackdown or Raw Gm. great start wwe.

Now Teddy is not bad but he will not have the same effect he did a couple years ago. he will improve it. but i think Steamboat would have been a better choice. plus is Teddy not getting up there in age now. he will help but kind of a let down.

As for Raw i can't stand Vickie yes she is a good GM and gets major heat but i will not want that Husband/Wife storyline bullshit on Raw. Raw deserved someone a little better.

I can't stand Vickie, and it sucks that she's moving to Mondays, where I actually have to see her ugly mug. She didn't do anything interesting as GM of Smackdown, and won't do anything here. She'll just be that tumor on Edge's ass, like Hornswoggle is to Finlay.

I like Teddy Long on Smackdown. I liked Smackdown a lot when he was there in the first place, and it'll be interesting to see what he does up returning.

The real wild card, is Tiffany. Yes, she's beautiful, but that has nothing to do with managing skills. It's best they keep her out of the ring, since there's plenty of non-wrestling Divas anyway. Since ECW is where they build everything, it's nice to see someone just as young on there. At least it's new, and at least it'll grab a few fans.

They should have waited til the draft to make any moves. It would have added some intregue to the draft show if the GM's were drafted onto new shows. They still might do something like that on Raw next week, but I highly doubt it. I was kind of hoping for JBL to get hired as a GM or something. He has great mic work, not the annoucer type, but his promos are good. He would make for a great heel GM. He could even align himself with a younger superstar, such as Swagger to help him get over.

Tonight on ECW, Teddy Long was re-promoted to Smackdown to become their GM and ECW's new GM is Tiffany. How do you feel about the new choices, you like it or not? Do you think Tiff will be effective as GM and do you think Teddy will be the Teddy Long of years ago on Smackdown?

I like Teddy back on Smackdown. I never understood why he was taken away from his role as GM on Smackdown, as the old sports saying goes, you can't lose your job due to injury. I wished he was GM on RAW, but hey what can you do. I think he will not be as good as he used to be, but still be good.

On ECW's new GM Tiff, I was very surprised b/c she is very young, 23. I thought they were trying to train her to become a WWE wrestler. I get it though, it is ECW, so I understand. It will be very odd.

Your Thoughts.

I never watch ECW unfortunately so I can't really comment on Tiffany but I like Teddy Long. I liked when he was on Smackdown a few years ago. He seemed to be a fair guy and gave me what I wanted to see. I thought that heels couldn't hide behind circumstances and stuff, he put them in the match anyway. So yeah, a good move putting Teddy back on SD. I would have liked him to be Raw GM too but Vickie is getting far too uch heat to still be on SD, she had to be promoted to Raw to take advantage of it. Sucks though.

I love Teddy as a GM. I wanted him to be the RAW GM whenever he went to ECW, but like someone said above, now that Vickie has all the heat, she needs to be on RAW.

I don't understand a "blonde bimbo" being the GM of what used to be the most Hardcore company in "Professional Wrestling". It's more bastardization of the old ECW. (And I'm not one of those angry ECW fans either, it's just clear to me, what it is.)

Not liking any of the new GM's at all. Teddy Long should go back to managing again, and bring back some kind of Doom tag team. If not managing, how about being a referee again?

Tiffany as ECW GM makes no sense at all. If Dreamer retires he should become GM of ECW he deserves it. Dreamer would make a solid GM, and I wouldn't mind seeing him turn heel in the process after undertaking all that power over the company

Vickie sucks no matter where she goes as the GM. I can't believe she is still on television, and I'm dead serious. This is no personal attack, but I just feel her best role to the company would be off our screens. I never watch when she is on, and neither should any of you it is bad for your over all health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back