"NEW" ECW Originals and "OLD" ECW Fans

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
I wasn't sure if this should go in the Old School Section or General Wrestling Discussion. If it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

What I want to know is how do you think guys that debuted in ECW after it was brought back in 2006 would do in the Old ECW Arena with the Old ECW Fans. How would they be accepted? Now I'm talking about guys like CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Kelly Kelly, Mike Knox, Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder, and Curt Hawkins. I know there's a few more guys but I think you get my point. How well do you think they would of been accepted by the Original ECW Fans.

On one hand I can see the fans accepting them just fine. On the other I can see the fans not accepting them and possibly booing them out of the building because they were products of the "WWECW." I think they would eventually get over thought and be accepted by the fans.

CM Punk-When ECW was brought back he seemed to be accepted right off the bat with the Old ECW Fans. Maybe because of his originality.

Kofi Kingston-He debuted I think around 2008. Might not be accepted at first but wouldn't be hard to be accepted. He's able to hit high and risky spots that the ECW fans seem to like.

Evan Bourne-Same thing as Kofi. He's able to hit the spots pretty good and I think that could get him over with the fans.

Sheamus-He might have the toughest time getting over. I think he could get over eventually. He can have good matches and I think ECW fans would recognize that he can be a monster heel destroying opponents or be a regular heel that puts on good matches.

Jack Swagger-He gets compared with Kurt Angle. His in-ring performance and ability and overall style is like Kurt Angle. I think the fans would like that and be accepting of him and recognize him as being talented.

I won't go through everybody but there's a few. What do you guys think?

Do the new ECW originals get accepted by the the ECW fans? Or they not accepted?

What do You guys think about this and how over would the New ECW Originals do in an Old ECW atmosphere?

They'd boo those guys out of the building. Because they'd see them has WWE products who were pushed ahead of what few ECW Originals were there at the time.

That's a good question really. I mean it's gonna be hard to judge because obviously we didn't have half the original ECW fans when it was brought back I'm sure. The old original fans are definitely gonna be more welcoming of an original ECW wrestler, as opposed to the wrestlers from the reformed ECW.

And I think it's primarily due to the fact that the new ECW originals as you call them, they're working primarily for WWE now, and they're not among the hardcore originals that the ECW fans so highly cherish. No they're more of the original WWE type of wrestler, they get by with some hardcore matches from time to time, but they're nowhere near the level of the original ECW crew.

So I think, while some might get accepted to some extend, the majority of them won't be getting half the reaction that the ECW originals are.

I honestly think it depends on who we are talking about. If it's someone with an Independent Background, that would help their chances of getting over. But if not, then it would be much tougher. Especially considering WWE's current PG rating limits. Original ECW Fans expect something that pushes the limits of the censors and NO ONE who is a product of WWECW can say that they have a background fitting of that.

Punk and Bourne would be the quickest to get over, followed by Sheamus and then Swagger and Kofi. Punk and Bourne because their gimmicks would have fit well with the old ECW. Sheamus 2nd because he is the roughest character of them all. Swagger and Kofi last because they are smooth WWE gimmicks that wouldn't mix well with the edgyness of ECW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back