New Coldplay stuff discussion

WWWYKI777

Getting Noticed By Management
So now they have 3 new songs out "Every tear drop is a waterfall" "Major minus" and "Moving to Mars"

They will be releasing an EP with these songs on it on Saturday

[youtube]Y-KsutWy3UU[/youtube]
[youtube]1Kf_6BWcOOg[/youtube]
[youtube]n1O9X0_WNTY[/youtube]

My personal opinions

Moving to mars : This one is brilliant , gorgeous , I LOVE it. They did REALLY well with this one <3 :) easily my favorite of the bunch

Every tear drop is a waterfall : Ehh this ones fairly good , sort of catchy but I'm not loving it

Major Minus : This ones ok too , reminds me alot of KT Tunstall

So what are you guys thoughts on this new Coldplay stuff?

I've got to say... I don't really like it. It just doesn't sound like coldplay, its very electro-pop-y.
There was an era, about 2 years ago, when I would only listen to Coldplay. I went as far as buying a keyboard just to play the scientist on it. But the new stuff just isn't them, Chris Martin's vocals don't shine through and it just sounds like all the other garbage that comes out of the record company these days. The lyrics aren't that good and it just feels like they are out of their comfort zone. I don't like ANY of the new stuff.

Based off of these songs I'd have to say "A Rush of Blood to the Head" will remain their greatest effort to date. They are not bad songs by any means especially "Major Minus", liked that one a lot actually, but these three songs are not very catchy. I agree with Rohan saying it's very electro pop which is not something I'm a fan of but I'm sure my wife will want the album and after that I'll have a fuller view of it. Until then I'm gonna have to say I don't like it. In the end though, it doesn't matter if you like it or not because Coldplay is a band that has always done what they want. Who would have expected a record like "Viva La Vida" after "X & Y"?

I'm a huge Coldplay fan and I've been anxiously awaiting for a new album from them since Viva La Vida. Their last album was so EPIC(IMO) that I just couldn't wait for new material from them. And so far I'm not disappointed.

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is my favorite so far. I think it's really catchy and enjoyable to listen to. Like you said Moving to Mars is beautiful and I enjoy this one too. Major Minus is the only one I'm really questioning how much I like it. I probably have to listen to it a couple times before I really enjoy it. So far Major Minus is my least favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back