New Champions Crowned... For Now?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Reign number six for Angle is now underway.

What a tremendous run from Lashley, but to me, this was a strategic decision that's going to help transition ECIII, whose never been hotter, into the main event. Carter, if you recall, boasts about being the guy to have beaten all the TNA Hall-of-Famers, whose never been pinned or submitted in a match, whose coming out of one of the most effective mid-card story lines TNA has run in the last ten years with Spud. No time like the present, eh?

Assuming the angle with Spud is past, as seems to be the case with Spud winning the X Division title this past Friday, Carter is primed to take the next step in his evolution and get himself into contention for the world heavyweight title. Who better to get him over (and help mask his deficiencies) than Kurt Angle?

Speaking of Spud, sure seems like he's next in line for another big step too, having cashed in on Low Ki to win the title after Low Ki was battered and bruised in the ring. We know what happens now... the BDC respond, which probably won't bode well for Spud, but should help to serve him well in continuing his evolution as well. It's a logical step up in the card for him too, as the ever-the-underdog type going up against a pack of pit bulls.

I'd rather keep Spud as an X Division guy only rather than feud with the BDC, even if its for the X title.

I'd like to see Roode, Lashley, Drew and Aries take on the BDC and EC3 take on Angle for the title. I would love to see the reign of Ethan Carter III as a champion and to be honest, the belt would feel like it was in the right place if it were strapped over his shoulder.

It's plausible that this is a setup for Angle vs EC3 again. Carter no doubt is the top heel in the company, but I think he might have to go through Lashley and maybe Roode before he gets his shot. Now mind you I wouldn't be at all surprised if EC3 spill be the next number one contender, and if that's the case, Kurt will jump at the chance to take him down. Time will tell, but we'll probably see EC3 with the title within the next couple of months.

This seems like a perfect situation where TNA could use the TV Title. Hold off just a bit on a World Title push but let EC3 shine with a bit of gold. The environment he could create with the TV strap could rival that of RVD with the ECW version. Then in time EC3 could move on and even elevate the World Title.

Go point rbv13 - have him be the TV Champ and talk about how he owns the airwaves, then go for the World Title.

I have to agree, I think that is where they are heading but I don't see it as a bad thing. When they brought him in, I wasn't sure what to expect but he is a good talent. It is actually very funny that the wwe let him go. Since the 2 already have history, it makes sense and now is a good time. EC3 can talk about how Spud kept him busy but now that their business is over, he can refocus on his goal and now that Angle is the champ, it only makes it sweeter. I don't know how being undefeated will play into it as I don't think letting him win the title in his first try is the best way to do it. Maybe have him lose by dq as he can say he wasn't pinned and then have him win in his second try. I don't know - just feels wrong for him to win it first try.

With Spud, he is impressing me more and more. Hopefully in the X-Division he will be able to carry his momentum and shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back