To me,
The old King was obviously Shelton Benjamin,
Not in actually winning,
But in terms of putting on a show.

In every MITB match,
He's always pulled out moves to entertain the crowd,

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFJyHS-M5Vc
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYz1-NCiYuw
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_y6agSXcD4&p=070A04098983A505&playnext=1&index=31

Just to name a few.

Now that he has been released;

Who do you think will be the new "Banker" of MITB?
Do you disagree w/ me calling him the old King/Banker?
Should a person only be called a King if they've won?
Should a persons preformance outshine the fact that they lost?

Aside from Shelton, Kofi always puts on great performances in MITB matches. He's always using very inventive ways to use the ladder against his opponents and he always shines in the MITB ladder matches, so I think it's fair to deem him "king" now that shelton's been released. I don't necessarily think the "king" should be the one who wins the most matches...

To me, Edge will always be the first person people think of when they think MITB. But for different reasons than being a spot monkey. Edge has been involved in some way with every single money in the bank cash-in besides Kane. Yup, fact. He cashed in twice, was cashed in on by Punk the first time, speared Cena at one night stand, had just lost to Hardy when Punk cashed in the second time, AND beat down Jericho before Swagger cashed in. Crazy shit huh? Therefore, Edge will always be King of the MITB.

To be honest, the whole gimmick favours a spot money or highflier type of guy so in my eyes, the torch was passed from Shelton to Jeff Hardy to Kofi. Many people may argue about Jeff due to the fact he was only in one MiTB match but I believe he did more at Wrestlemania 23 than anyone else has done since in this match. His leg drop on Edge just about tops anything that has happened since.

If we play the association game, Edge is the clear favourite because as people have stated, he started it all and has been involved in both sides of a cash-in. From watching Chair Shot Reality and listening to Josh Isenburg, it's hard to disagree with him when he states that the 'Rated R superstar gimmick' helped cement Edge as a main player in WWE and what was the catalyst for this change? Being Mr Money in the bank. That title just fit him and when they used it on Kennedy and Punk and others, it didn't fit. Edge is the man I view as the true King of MiTB, but as the match seems to have a lot of fuel left in the tank, I could see Kofi overtaking him as the true king.

shelton was a gret wrestler but he was never givin the chance. wwe doesnt give most people the chance they deserve.

To me, Edge will always be the first person people think of when they think MITB. But for different reasons than being a spot monkey. Edge has been involved in some way with every single money in the bank cash-in besides Kane. Yup, fact. He cashed in twice, was cashed in on by Punk the first time, speared Cena at one night stand

edge has only been in 3 MITB matches. he's only won one of them. dont forget, MR. KENNEDY got injured and droped the MITB to edge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_in_the_Bank_ladder_match shows edge has been in 3 matches only

When I see and think of money in the bank. Usually I think of edge as the king of them, and he had two MITB wins. (Including the Kennedy dispute). He is the King of the MITB in my opinion second to that would be Shelton Benjamin and thirdly CM Punk having won two years in a row at wrestlemania.

while i agree WWE "doesnt like black people" The Rock was (half) black...but as a black dude i can tell you we fully claim him. hes all we really have (in WWE history)

ANYWAYS...Shelton is the 1st, 2nd and usually the 3rd person i think about when i think of MITB and it'll probably stay that way for awhile.

but i think Kofi and (if they keep him around) Evan Bourne will take his place as the "spot monkey"...which i don't see as a problem since its a ladder match. whats the sense of having a ladder match @ WM w/o a spot monkey.

I gotta say Edge he was and won the first ever and best MITB match and since then has been in two more where he put forward solid preformances. The reason he is the first person to come to mind is that he has been involved in every single cash in bar Kanes, he cashed in twice, was cashed in on, had just lost to Hardy when he was cashed in on, speared Cena at ONS and beat up Jericho befoe Swagger cashed in. Because of that Edge is the first name to come to my head when I think MITB.

I think in a few years we perhaps will be calling Evan Bourne the new "banker". He's been great in his two MITB matches so far and though I could begrudgingly agree with the argument he may never win one of these matches, I'm sure he'll be taking that role Shelton Benjamin had in being the guy who makes those matches so entertaining, or rather the "spot monkey" as ToWhomItConcerns eloquently puts it.

To me, Edge will always be the first person people think of when they think MITB. But for different reasons than being a spot monkey. Edge has been involved in some way with every single money in the bank cash-in besides Kane. Yup, fact. He cashed in twice, was cashed in on by Punk the first time, speared Cena at one night stand, had just lost to Hardy when Punk cashed in the second time, AND beat down Jericho before Swagger cashed in. Crazy shit huh? Therefore, Edge will always be King of the MITB.

It's kind of funny. He was the reason RVD won his cash-in match at ONS. With the helmet on and the spear and all that. I don't think he will have anything to do with Miz cashing it in though. But that was a descent observation, even without winning the actual MITB Match, he HAS been somehow involved in almost every cash in.

I don't know if anyone will take Shelton's place with the spots he was involved in. Truly special moments that dude had in losing EVERY MITB he was in LOL...

I think the king of MITB is the high flyer at the time who puts on a great show. At the moment I will have to say Kofi has always put on a great show in every mitb he's been in. It used to be Shelton then the torch passed to Jeff then to Kofi.

King Booker is black too, and was WHC for months in 2006.

Anyway to the thread. I think King of the MITB match would have to be Sheton Benjamin. He stole the show in basically all the MITB matches that he was a part of. As for a new guard, Kofi and Bourne are the obvious, though I've seen John Morrison do some awesome things with ladders too. He was the star of MITB at WM24 I felt.

Okay first of Guys I too am a Black Male but I can't not state fatcs. Yes the Rock is considered black although he is half Samoan. It is the same as our PRESIDENT. He too is a multi cultural figure but is looked upon as BLACK. Also I am wondering how U guys are just COMPLETELY forgetting about the "KING of the WORLD" BOOKER T's reign! Sure Black Athletes have NEVER really received the PUSH they deserve in the WWE but we can't just ignore the one's who did actually get theirs... I actually like SHELTON & think he got a great push.. Some guys are not MEANT to be the TOP guy! Some people R Jordan while others R Scottie Pippen! I think as far as Secondary Titles and MIITB Shelton was # 1... That doesn't mean he has to be the best in the WWE tho!!!!

I think "The King" of MITB has to be the person who does the biggest thing that year. So the torch has been passed form Shelton Benjamin to Jeff Hardy to Kofi Kingston, I can see Evan Bourne being the next in line to hold the torch, the MITB matches he's already had have been great so I'm looking forward to his preformance in his next MITB match if he's in another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back