• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Never criticize Vince Russo (he won't listen)

BigBombB

Pre-Show Stalwart
So, I did the whole trial period for the Vince Russo "BRAND" and was happy with a few things. The Billy Corgan interview was good, the Bill DeMott interview was interesting, and a select few others were OK. But I was getting sick of a few glaring problems, like how I'm kind of creeped out by his Vixens Who Rule interviews (mostly because of the lengthy diatribes he feels he needs to go on about how he "isn't sexually attracted to any woman but his wife" before talking about how hot these women are). I sent an e-mail to the owner of the RELM Network about my intention to unsubscribe who apparently forwarded this to Vince himself.

To my surprise Vince responded, saying he felt there was some misunderstanding and that he hoped I would stay on as a supporter. Because I appreciated his reply, I elaborated on my reasons for leaving; genuinely wanting to help him fix the mistakes he is making. I explained to him what I liked and what it was that was driving me away. I'll bullet point what I said for the sake of convenience (if you want me to post the entire e-mail for some reason, I will).

-> He doesn't need to explain in EVERY VIDEO he does with a woman that he isn't interested in them in a sexual way because he is married, it is unnecessary and kind of weird, he should just let that be a given
-> He needs to stop talking over his guests and give them room to speak, while Vince can be entertaining I mostly want to hear from the person he is talking to

Foolishly I was expecting a "you know, I didn't realize anyone had issues with those things" and maybe even some acknowledgement of self awareness like "I know I talk over people too much and need to stop that". Instead he told me, after seemingly wanting to keep me as a subscriber earlier, that clearly his show isn't for me because "that is just the way he is". He also admits that the only reason I should be subscribing is to listen to him, the guests are a "bonus". And even though I offered him no small level of praise in the e-mail, apparently the criticism was so hard to take that he also stated "In the year I have been doing this you are first person to ever say you talk too much, and thats ok, that tells me that your not a fan of Vince Russo and thats why you have so many criticisms."

Well Vince, you're right about one thing, apparently your show isn't for me and you're not getting any more of my money. Lesson learned.

If it's true, then it's pretty decent about the wife bit. There's so much adultery in pro wrestling.

Alternatively, it could a line he uses to get them into bed. There's so much adultery in pro wrestling.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though, to balance out all the times I mentally shit on him.

They're both self-aggrandizing blowhards.

True, but I find Cornette is more entertaining to listen too. Plus I tend to subscribe more to his mentality about the industry. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the current product though.

Plus giving credit where it's due, Russo did come up with the idea behind my favorite feud of all time. So... props to him for that.

If think the OP should be more concise.

And also learn the difference between the words listen and agree or concur or care or give a shit.

"Listen" works perfectly in this circumstance as the implication is that he is selectively turning off his ability to hear whenever he is criticized and only picking out the bits he cares about which implies all of the things that you listed.

Also, I think that was plenty concise unless you were expecting no explanation at all in which case I'll provide a TL;DR version for you: "Russo said he wanted me to continue giving him money until I told him I felt he was making some major errors at which point he decided otherwise."

I hope that helped.

"Listen" works perfectly in this circumstance as the implication is that he is selectively turning off his ability to hear whenever he is criticized and only picking out the bits he cares about which implies all of the things that you listed.

Also, I think that was plenty concise unless you were expecting no explanation at all in which case I'll provide a TL;DR version for you: "Russo said he wanted me to continue giving him money until I told him I felt he was making some major errors at which point he decided otherwise."

I hope that helped.

If what you are saying is true it shows that he clearly listened (or in this case read) what you had to say. He went as far as confirming he understood your criticism by mentioning that no one else had shared that criticism before. He just doesn't think he should change himself or possibly could change himself for you. Maybe he thinks the things that you complain about bring him more listeners than turn off listeners like you.

I think it is very gracious of him to give you the time. I feel bad that you are now bad mouthing him behind his back. Maybe you should write him again apologizing for accusing him of such things in this thread. Who knows? Maybe if you do that he will be more likely to listen to you.

If what you are saying is true it shows that he clearly listened (or in this case read) what you had to say. He went as far as confirming he understood your criticism by mentioning that no one else had shared that criticism before. He just doesn't think he should change himself or possibly could change himself for you. Maybe he thinks the things that you complain about bring him more listeners than turn off listeners like you.

I think it is very gracious of him to give you the time. I feel bad that you are now bad mouthing him behind his back. Maybe you should write him again apologizing for accusing him of such things in this thread. Who knows? Maybe if you do that he will be more likely to listen to you.

Oh, your passive aggressiveness is adorable. Allow me to partake.

I feel I should not need to explain the nuances of the English language, where certain terms have evolved to mean more than what they once did, but it would seem I've just done so anyway.

As for Mr. Russo, I was very gracious in my e-mail with him and would have kept our correspondence private had he not pretended to have never heard similar criticism from anyone else before. Perhaps this is true of my criticism of his Vixens That Rule segment, perhaps no one has shared this view with him before, perhaps they simply choose to unsubscribe without leaving any feedback. However, his constant interrupting of people is something I've seen complaints about in numerous comments sections around the web. Now, it is fair to say that he is not expected to read every comment that is written on the internet about him, but it is hard to fathom that he has not been confronted with this particular criticism numerous times.

I had hoped, with this topic, that others who feel he interrupts and talks over people too much might also comment without any explicit coaxing so that I might be able to tell him that I am not the only person who has this opinion. I also wanted to make clear that anyone who is pondering whether to join the BRAND should be aware that Vince Russo considers himself akin to Howard Stern in that everything is all about him and his guests are temporary sidekicks on the road to a complete Vince Russo experience. If you see he is talking to a particular person and expect to learn more about this person, then you may be disappointed.

crying-baby.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back