Network Help

Slim Pickns

Has Been Drafted To RAW
I'm at work right now using the same network I have for two years. My internet security keeps popping up saying a remote device is trying to access something on my computer. I chose to block it and it keeps popping right back up. Anyone know what this could be? It pops up about every minute.

I'm at work right now using the same network I have for two years. My internet security keeps popping up saying a remote device is trying to access something on my computer. I chose to block it and it keeps popping right back up. Anyone know what this could be? It pops up about every minute.
Is it wireless internet? Have you checked you computer for spyware/malware/adware or viruses? Are you on administration for the network?

Its the wireless network from the Caribou next door, they know we use it here. It keeps popping up saying it has blocked an intrusion. I set it to auto block it every time and it goes up about every minute. I have Spybot, is there something else I should get?

Its the wireless network from the Caribou next door, they know we use it here. It keeps popping up saying it has blocked an intrusion. I set it to auto block it every time and it goes up about every minute. I have Spybot, is there something else I should get?
I would run Spybot, Adaware, and your virus protection software first. Make sure all definitions are up to date.

Most likely, also, do you notice it happening on any particular sites?

It sounds like someone is trying to go through the network and access your computer. So, there are a variety of possibilities.

It started when I opened iTunes. I just closed iTunes so I'll see if it stops. Otherwise I've only been on WZ and Dailymotion today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back