maybe someone can help

Nothing. I turned it off. All lights are on. Maybe it has something to do with comcast? Not my machine....

Another thing to try is resetting the network adapter. Go to Start -> Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager. In the Device Manager look for Network adapters and click on the plus sign next to it. you should see something with either NIC or Ethernet in the wording, typically if it's a desktop you should have only 1 listing in there or 2 and one of them being 1394 Adapter. Ignore the 1394 adapter. Now right click on the correct listing and click on disable. Restart your computer and when it comes back up, allow the computer to reinstall the network adapter. Check your status then and see if you're connected.

If that does not work also try this command in the command prompt (the cmd in run that Slyfox said to go to) and type in: netsh winsock reset. It will restart your computer and hopefully when it comes up you should be able to connect.

If that doesn't work, contact your ISP.

If what I said didn't work, then your Internet is probably out. It COULD be what Ty said...but I bet it's just your Internet provider.

More than likely it's the ISP , however these two steps are kind of last resorts if the connection IS working, but something is messed up with the adapter/computer. It's common troubleshooting steps I usually take at work, but again, without knowing if the connection is actually there or not these are just a little more advanced steps to solve the problem if it is.

I just had this recently. Turns out my router cables were mixed up for some reason. I simply swapped them back around and I was good to go.

The "limited or no connectivity" is also a pretty common bug. If you google it, you can find whole forum threads devoted to it, and theyll give you links to helpful programs, like Winsock and windows updates. So google is your best bet man

Alright, I appreciated the help. I would like to thank Gelgarin, Sly, Ty, and Deej, but the problem wasn't with our area nor was it a problem with my actual computer. The problem was with the wireless router connecting the downstairs computer. The comcast guy made me do something. But I honestly have no idea what I did but it now works... FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back