• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Football 11 glitch?

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Lol, I was playing NCAA football, game against Rutgers...they scored a touchdown on me, and they went to kick the extra point. Well this normally doesn't happen a lot..especially on NCAA or Madden, but it bounced off the upright and one of my team members caught it in the endzone. I laughed a little and said cool....that's not the glitch though. Now even some cheerleader knows that after the other team scores...they kick it off for the opposing team to try and score the next drive. Well...instead of my team receiving the ball...my team was kicking it back off to the other side. They didn't score..and I'm currently dominating them 35-6, but it's still kinda funny.

There's actually a few glitches on NCAA, fortunately they don't happen often, nor do they usually screw me up...and most of the time, it's screwing the other team over. Like when a QB goes to hand it off to a half back, or possibly try play action, but the ball passes through the running back and the quarterback keeps going..handing the ball out running backwards. It's even funnier when it happens near their endzone, and they give up the safety.

Anybody who has NCAA, have any funny...or annoying glitches happen to you?

I'm sure it might come down to some technicality in the game. Idk. Or it could be a glitch. Which if it is they really need to fix. What if you were playing for the NCAA championships and you were 2 scores behind and were catching up? You'd be a lot more pissed than now.

SDVR 2010 glitched one time for me. I was playing with my brothers in a Triple Threat HIAC. I was my created guy, my brother was the Undertaker, and my other brother was Cena. In the middle of his jumping shoulder block, he missed and got stuck in mid-air and he could not get unstuck for about a minute. Haven't been able to do it since.

SDVR 2010 glitched one time for me. I was playing with my brothers in a Triple Threat HIAC. I was my created guy, my brother was the Undertaker, and my other brother was Cena. In the middle of his jumping shoulder block, he missed and got stuck in mid-air and he could not get unstuck for about a minute. Haven't been able to do it since.

No Mercy for the N64 had this taunt glitch where if you did something, you would slowly begin to assend to the "heavens". My friends and I were laughing so hard the first time we seen it.

It happened to the guy I was controlling, and my friends both stopped and asked what I was doing. I, not knowing of course, replied with "Its just my time, I have to go, go on without me. GOODBYE WORLD!" The game froze shortly thereafter I got so high up the ring couldn't be viewed anymore.

I'm sure it might come down to some technicality in the game. Idk. Or it could be a glitch. Which if it is they really need to fix. What if you were playing for the NCAA championships and you were 2 scores behind and were catching up? You'd be a lot more pissed than now.

Nah it's a glitch..unless theres some new rule in the NCAA that if a player catches the ball off the upright, the kicking team gets a new drive.

Will, I'm sorta confused by your post...I'm guessing you we're ripping on Norcal, saying he can't pass in real life.

And the dude playing Smackdown vs Raw, I remember a glitch online, that'd make you freeze..like the entire match. That's why I don't play SvR online anymore.

Will, I'm sorta confused by your post...I'm guessing you we're ripping on Norcal, saying he can't pass in real life.
No, what happened is in another NCAA 11 thread, Norcal complained about how he is always throwing picks in the game, and made a joking reference to throwing a pick while the console was off.

I've had the handoff glitch happen to the CPU against me once. I was pitching a shutout and they were inside my 5. The glitch happened on a 3rd and 1. They then decided to run a fake punt run on 4th and 40 (not 4, forty). Needless to say I went from them getting a field goal to a Turnover on Downs.

And the dude playing Smackdown vs Raw, I remember a glitch online, that'd make you freeze..like the entire match. That's why I don't play SvR online anymore.
Yep, I X-Box knew people who tried to teach me how to do the glitch (it was in the 09 game). I could never do it, and that led to me never doing Tag Matches, Ladder Matches, or Cage Matches.

There was a great fucking glitch in WCW World Tour where you could fall into the ring apron and be stuck for the entire match, looked funny as shit with Black Widow

Another NCAA 11 thread? Can one of you direct me too it, I probably won't post, just wanna lurk and see what others think of this great game. I'm never playing Madden 10 again...but so far, NCAA kicks Madden 11's ass in the demo. Although...the demo for NCAA also sucked pretty bad...I guess they can't make the demo too good that you don't even want to buy the game.

I wanna say that since you caught the ball it made it your possession. I'm pretty sure in college if they go for two and they fumble or throw a pick you can return it (unlike the NFL). However I'm not sure if you maintain possession afterwards or if you kick off. So I imagine getting a missed FG (or PAT) would result in the same. If not then total glitch.

I wanna say that since you caught the ball it made it your possession. I'm pretty sure in college if they go for two and they fumble or throw a pick you can return it (unlike the NFL). However I'm not sure if you maintain possession afterwards or if you kick off. So I imagine getting a missed FG (or PAT) would result in the same. If not then total glitch.

what he's talking about is a separate thing. You are right that a turnover on an extra point/2 point conversion can be returned (for 2 points). After those plays, the team that scored the touchdown kicks off to the other team.

However, he's talking about how a missed extra point bounced off the post, he caught it and then had to kick off. Since the goal posts are out of bounds, once the ball hits them the play is supposed to be ruled dead. And under no circumstance does a team that scored a TD receive a ball on the ensuing kickoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back