NBA to unveil marquee games on NBA TV tonight

tripolie atche

Pre-Show Stalwart
NBA.com
"The NBA will release its opening week and Christmas Day schedules during an hourlong TV special Tuesday.

NBATV officials said Friday their network will host a program at 7 p.m. EDT, at which time it will unveil the slate of games for "Tip-off '10," plus the Christmas and Martin Luther King Jr. holidays.

The full NBA schedule will be released on Aug. 10. This is the first time the league has released portions of it early.

The reason is likely because of the anticipation for the debut and marquee games involving Miami's new trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh."
LOL another 1 hour special but they might as well release the full sched like the NFL does rather than just the Opening Week, Xmas, & MLK Day gms

according to ESPN, opening nite (Oct. 26th) will feature MIA @ BOS (MIAs big 3 vs BOSs big 3 plus rondo & for the 3rd straight season itll be LeBron against BOS on opening nite) & also HOU @ LAL (Yao makes his return after missing all of last season....hopefully)

also according to RealGM, MIA will play in CLE on Dec. 2nd on TNT (cant wait for this LOL) & also again on March 29th

Xmas has to be obvious with MIA @ LAL but beyond that i dunno what the other gms will be until later tonight

I know we're gonna get Miami/LA for Christmas, but am I the only one that would rather see LeBron's return to Cleveland on Christmas, if only for the reaction alone? I could only imagine that he will get absolutely killed by the crowd. I'm gonna make sure that I tune into the first Heat/Cavaliers game at Cleveland.

The NBA wants ratings on Christmas day and although the beginning of a Miami at Cleveland game would have huge ratings to see the reaction, everyone would turn it off after the Heat were up double digits after the first quarter. Miami is going to have an amazing team and the Cavs will probably win 20 games. That isn't exactly a good match up. LA vs Miami will draw huge ratings, especially if their game on Christmas is the first time they meet in the season.

Yea Miami at Cleveland would be fun...for about 5 mins. Then it would be a blowout and be a terrible game to watch. I like the Miami/LA game on Christmas. Kobe I think is back to being a fan favorite, and it will be fun to see if Kobe can slay the 3 headed dragon, at least during the regular season. Anyways, that's the game that will draw the most for the NBA so it was the right game to pick.

Alright just watched the special
Opening Week
Opening Night (Tues. Oct 26th on TNT)
MIA @ BOS (MIAs Big 3 vs BOSs Big 3 plus Rondo and maybe even Shaq)
HOU @ LAL (Yao returns)

Wed. Oct 27th (ESPN)
CHI @ OKC (Boozer's 1st game as a Bull)
POR @ LAC (Oden vs Blake)

Thu. Oct 28th (TNT)
WAS @ ORL (Wall's Debut)
PHO @ UTA

Fri. Oct 29th (ESPN)
ORL @ MIA
LAL @ PHO (West Finals Rematch)

Christmas Day
CHI @ NY on ESPN
BOS @ ORL and LAL @ MIA on ABC
DEN @ OKC and POR @ GS on TNT

MLK Day (Jan 17th)
CHI @ MEM on ESPN
SAC @ ATL on NBA TV
ORL @ BOS and OKC @ LAL on TNT

also LeBron returns to CLE on Dec. 2nd on TNT

as for the rest of the NBA schedule that will come out next week on August 10th

Everybody will be tuned in to the Cavaliers/Heat because the reaction to Lebron is going to be off the charts. I can just imagine extra security around James because who knows what the crowd is going to do. Cleveland may not be good next year, but their pride will make them rise up for that game and do everything they can to win. I'm calling it now. Cleveland will win that game.

I'm honestly looked forward to Blake Griffins' first game in the NBA. I think with him healthy and the decent lineup they have, I can see a playoff birth for the Clippers if everything falls in its place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back