NBA Draft Thread

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
This thread is dedicated to the NBA Draft taking place on Thursday, June 28th. Use this thread to talk about the draft as a whole, what your favorite teams needs are and who you expect to be stars or busts coming out of this class.

One of the more interesting questions going into the draft is who the Bobcats will be taking with the number 2 pick, or if they even keep the pick. Anthony Davis is the clear cut number one but there are multiple guys who could be going number 2. Bradley Beal, MKG, Thomas Robinson, Harrison Barnes, and Andre Drummond are all rumored possibilities. Taking into account the boom/bust potential of each player I think Thomas Robinson would be the best option, but all five guys can make a claim for the number 2 pick.

When it comes to my Pistons, it looks like they are guaranteed to take a big because that is their biggest need. They wanted to do it last year but the way everything fell into place, Brandon Knight became the smart move and it looks like that will continue to work out well because it forced Rodney Stuckey to move to the 2 spot where he has flourished. With the back court in place, Detroit needs to give Greg Monroe a partner in the front court.

There are a lot of possibilities but the top two contenders look like Meyers Leonard and John Henson. Personally I'd like to see them go with Henson. He isn't as big as Leonard but I think his style of play will mesh better with Greg Monroe. Henson is more of a defensive presence and he will immediately be able to contribute at that end of the floor with his shot blocking and rebounding. At 220 pounds he needs to add some weight, but Henson reminds me a lot of a young Marcus Camby. A starting lineup of Brandon Knight, Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince, Greg Monroe, and John Henson has a lot of potential going into the near future.

Of course a dream scenario for the Pistons would be Andre Drummond falling to them at number 9 and then Drummond shutting up the naysayers by realizing his full potential and becoming a star center. Even if just reaches the level of a Serge Ibaka or Deandre Jordan, he would be a steal for Detroit at 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back