• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nazi References in the Media

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Often times anymore, namely on FOX News but definitely not exclusively, you'll hear news commentators and pundits speaking of people or political groups using words like Nazis or Brown Shirts to describe them. In short, is this ever appropriate in the slightest? Is it ever fair or right to compare a group of people or a person to a group of extremists and murderers like the Nazi Party?

Thoughts?

I wouldn't say its necessary at all. That's very low class of them to refer to a person or a group of people as Nazi's...unless in fact they are truly Nazi's. There are people these days who still following the oppressive rules and teaching of the Nazi occult. I think its only appropriate to call them Nazi's if they are actually Nazi's. To simply belittle people or a group of people like that just because they might have committed a crime or for any other reason is you show how completely insolent and ill-mannered you are. There is no place for kind of anti-Semitic bigotry on Television....what do you honestly expect from Fox New though?

Having done it myself in a previous thread, It'd be hypocritical for me to say no.
The comparison wasn't significant enough to be considered serious by our peers, so in that sense, I made a boo-boo.

However, the Nazi references made on Fox have little to no basis for them. The Nazis were on the right, they were pro-war, racist, and they were a dictatorship.....so as a new rule, I say if you meet those qualification- then yes, you can be compared to the Nazis. XD

So as one last pine for the good ol' days. Fox News and the Third Reich have alot in common. Fox News just doesn't have the dictatorship. :p

It's not necessary at all, but it's an exaggeration that's going to get a reaction out of people. Someone like Glen Beck (who is undoubtedly a master at using Nazi terms and symbols) is looking to draw not only a reaction out of people but also make others believe that the USA is turning into because of Obama (that's usually who he uses it against most which is so farfetched it's unbelievable). People know what the Nazi's did and as such when you use them to describe someone, it's always going to provoke a reaction out of people and that's exactly what these pundits etc... want you to do.

Its just honestly underhand shock tactics. Fox uses simple terms that they know people know. You could have a writer come up with a brilliant usage of words and most everyday users wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about right off the top of their heads. But when you use the word Nazi in reference to a bad person or group everyone as soon as it's said knows what that word stands for.

I've noticed they use the term Nazi way to much, and to be honest they throw people who they call "experts" and some of the smartest people on the planet in front of us. But they are forced to dumb down their speech, because fox news is afraid 3 hillbilly’s in whatever state wont understand it. The use of the Word Nazi should be in limited use, the way they just throw it around is sickening. They play it off pretty well to like it was never said for the most part. It's beyond funny how they can just blatantly call people Nazi's or Nazi like when some of the stuff fails in comparison to a lazy Tuesday breakfast for the Nazi party. It is bullshit and one main reason I don't really tune into Fox news anymore.

Like Phatso correctly pointed out, it is a shock factor. The point of doing all these Nazi's references is to alarm the population, nothing more. When you took such a popular and at the same time alarming, figure, people are going to react. It is a common way to falsely alarm the population. I remember, on TV, someone said what was hapenning to Bolivia was equivalente to a social Tchernoville. :lmao: What the fuck does that even mean?!

Back on topic, I think these Nazi's references should stop. First of all I think that is disrespectful to countrys that are actually under dictatorship (North Korea for example). Secondly, it shows how ignorant the analyst or the channel or the so called "experts" really are. A Nazi regime implies totalitarism, anti-Semitics, homophobia, concentration/extermination camps...
In Germany, these references would be severly sentenced. You just can't go out there talking left to right about Nazis not being serious. In wrestling terms, it's a cheap way to get heat.

As it relates to the subject, I wanted to post this link:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-24-2011/24-hour-nazi-party-people

It shows Fox News hypocrisy on Nazi References. A woman from Fox News was criticizing a democrat for making a Nazi reference, and the opposition on her program pointed out that Fox makes these references all the time. She immediately denied it, saying that it just wasn't true. Then a list of clips is played showing Fox News Nazi references, including one that took place just 3 1/2 hours AFTER her denile.

It's hilarious to say the least, but it really hurts to know that they are the number 1 cable news channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back