• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Natalya is the new number one contender for the Divas Championship!

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tonight on RAW, Natalya won a battle royale to become the new number one contender for the Divas Championship!

As an unabashed Nattie fan, I for one am ecstatic. Natalya actually has a more unique personality and mic skills than most of the other divas on the roster, and she can actually wrestle well. I don't think she'll be the diva to win the belts from LayCool (because they're just that entertaining), but I'm sure Natalya will engage in a good feud until Beth Phoenix returns and takes the championship away.

What do you think?

I told you Doc that you will love it and it seems you did. I also love Nattie just like you do and I was very happy when she won the number one contendership for the Divas Championship. Natalya is probably the most talented Diva on the roster she's good in the ring and she is a very good women's wrestler. I really want to see her win the belt from Laycool and feud with Beth Phoenix which I think could be very good, but sadly I don't see Laycool losing the belt. Hopefully this will mean that we get to see more of Natalya in singles action.

I am glad Natalya won the battle royal, it is about time she gets used and we get to see here wrestle. this will be a rematch from July 20, 2008 at The Great American Bash almost it may be Layla, who faces her.

I don't see Natalya beating Laycool for the title, Because they are hot right now, Hope this means Natalya gets to wrestle in singles action more and show her skills, and we might get a great fued out of it. But i really would like her to beat Laycool i could see a great feud between Natalya and Beth Phoenix.

Very nice. Now this is a womens' division I can get behind. 1 title (well kind of), a number 1 contender who's serviceable in the ring, and entertaining champions who are not bad at in the ring themselves. Now only if Natalya actually had a chance of winning the belt so she can go on to feud with Tamina. Grade A diva action right there.

Now what can I say that hasn't already been said? WWE is pushing the Women's Division beautifully, Natalya was my pick to win the Battle Royal behind Melina, and things just seem to be getting pretty good so far for that. Can't complain.

Natalya will be a watchable contender and people will want to see that. WWE wins here.

Good for her she deserves this. She's a great wrestler and decent on the mic. About time she is getting her time in the spotlight.

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

I definitely don't think Natalya is going to get the title saaing as how Laycool is still the hottest thing going on in the Divas division right now, but having the WWE seeing Natalya as a viable contender like all of us have pretty much since the beginning makes me happy. I'm definitely hoping that with this comes more singles action for Nattie.

All I can say is FINALLY! Now I don't care too much for the diva's division since there's such a lack of talent there, but Natalya has the skills to carry that division for a long long time. She's got it in her blood and the few times we've seen her wrestle, it's been a clinic on her opponent. Natalya willl rock McCool just you wait and see!

I was actually guttered because I wanted Eve to win, she's my favourite Diva. But, I'm happy that Natalya has actually got a chance to prove herself. She's one of the many people on Raw's roster that doesn't get any time to prove themselves. I hope she wins the Divas Championship. I think it's safe to say that the Hart Dynasty are either finished or taking a break, which is good because they keep getting shot after shot at the tag team championships when they don't deserve it.

I can actually see the Divas Championship match at Hell in a Cell being good. I like Natalya in the ring, she has alot to offer. What the hell happened with Layla being the champion, I'll never know. Unless they're going to work the Freebird rule and have either of them defend it. Layla is the better competitor though. Michelle has just gotten everything she has under her belt because of Undertaker. I mean, first ever Divas Champion? First ever Diva to hold both Women's and Diva's Championships? Undertaker pulls so many strings for her.

Back on subject, I'm actually looking forward to the Divas Championship match at Hell in a Cell, but for the love of God, get rid of one of the belts. There's no need to have 2. The whole point of unifying the 2 belts was to get rid of one. Not make a duplicate.

I'm looking forward to seeing Natalya get her long awaited and much deserved break.

I told you Doc that you will love it and it seems you did. I also love Nattie just like you do and I was very happy when she won the number one contendership for the Divas Championship. Natalya is probably the most talented Diva on the roster she's good in the ring and she is a very good women's wrestler. I really want to see her win the belt from Laycool and feud with Beth Phoenix which I think could be very good, but sadly I don't see Laycool losing the belt. Hopefully this will mean that we get to see more of Natalya in singles action.
Sadly, i agree, I WANT Natalya to win, i really do. I think a Natalya and Phoenix feud would be awesome, BUT sadly, i think WWE wants LayCool to hold on to the Diva's title, i am not a fan of LayCool, i like McCool on her own wrestling, but LayCool is annoying and not in a good way. When they were announcing, i wanted to hit the mute button, they sound like teenage girls spreading rumors, they arent WWE's version of the Beautiful People. I want Natalya to win because unlike most diva's, she can wrestle and it shows. Hopefully she wins, BUT i see LayCool winning.

Well it's nice to see I guess. Natalya is a good wrestler, and an interesting girl to watch (I wonder why.. Doc knows what I mean). However, that's pretty much all there is to it. Do I want to see her champion? Not really no. Do I want to see her challenge for the championship on a consistent basic? Meh, I hardly care.

Overall there's really not any big deal in Natalya challenging for the championship. The crowd was great though, but that's pretty much about it. The fact that she got to pose on each and every turn-buckle was rather sickening to watch, considering when have we EVER hyped a NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP position so much? Almost never.

Yeah, to be honest I hope Michelle kicks Natalya's face in. Because I want to see LayCool remain champions for a good while. They're like the only interesting thing in the divas division right now, only contested by Maryse, but she's hardly in the divas division anymore rather a valet if anything.

I have been known to cheer for Natalya in my day. Suffices to say, I marked the fuck out when Natalya won that match, marking the first time since Eve was champion that I was really thrilled with something in the divas division.

Unfortunately, I don't think Natty will win the strap. This is her first major feud in the divas division since she entered the WWE, and putting it on her after such a long hiatus from wrestling in the division doesn't seem feasible. Furthermore, LayCool is too good to take the belt(s) away from. They are funny, good on the mic, pretty good in the ring, and they make for good champions. They're not going to drop the belts until there is some sort of internal riff between Layla and Michelle.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of what will be a long, successful career in the divas division for Natalya. While she won't win the championship this time around, I don't doubt that we will see her win in the near future.

I hope the wwe finally gives her more matches and lets her win the title. She has been there too long and has barely even wrestled any matches. Shes the only real female wrestler becides Beth on the roster. I guess McCool can wrestle but i've never liked her. So WWE, give Natalya the womans err Divas Championship. Still think that stupid, bring back the womans title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back