Nascar

Are they any other Nascar fans here.

I grew up on it as my dad watched it and I loved it and still do. I've been to a few races and met some drivers but not the really big name everyone knows them even people who don't watch drivers. I have met the drivers mainly only people who watch know. Like Mike Wallace,Ron Hornaday,and Sterling Marlin. People might try and say all it is is driving in circles and stuff like that but its not as easy as the people think. You got G-Forces hitting you in the turns which if you are not in a good physical condition you'll end up losing control of the car wrecking and all that. They also go to Road Course just like F1 does. Nationwide I think goes to like two or three now starting this season. The one in Canada that F1 goes to. The Glen and just added Road America. Its a demanding sport.

So who are fans and who are not the fans. If you are a fan who do you like and what do you like about Nascar. If your not a fan why don't you like it.

btw my favorite is Dale Jr....even if he can't win lol.

I've heard/seen it but its not really that big here in australia. Instead we have the V8 supercars which is motor racing in australia but the races go through every state but also goes to the Northern Territory, New Zealand and Bahrain, with Abu Dhabi joining the circuit this year.

Anyways its shown on TV sometimes if you can convince me to watch it I will.
Just some reasons why its so good and i'll watch it:lmao:

I live about 15 minutes from Pocono Raceway, so once my family moved to this area, it was hard not to be a fan. When I first started watching, I always cheered for the 29 Cartoon Network car, and Lake Speed (who drove it for a bit), but then I actually started paying attention, and became a fan pretty quickly of Jeff Burton. He finished 2nd in points the year I got into it, and he was always at the front of the pack. Whenever there was a wreck or an argument, he was the guy breaking it up, and keeping the cool head.

Since they've changed to the "Chase For The Cup", I've watched less and less, almost entirely because the tracks they go to just aren't as fun. Talladega is always great, and putting Martinsville or Bristol in there is cool, but do we really want to end the season in Miami, when there's tracks like Rockingham and Darlington that have history and would be better off? Why not add in a road course, since the idea is to find the best all-around driver, and name him champ?

Jeff has always been one of my favs. I use to rock the 99 Exide hat. Then had to get his Citgo car.

and with the chase I so agree. Add in a road course and bring back The Rock. That track was awesome and I always had a joke that The Rock should be the Grand Marshall there so he can be like "Finally The Rock has come back to the Rock" I would have laughed at that.

But yeah I say move The Glen to the chase. Which would probably make the chase better since Johnson is not that good at the road courses so it might help a little with the chase. Keep Dega in there as its a wild card and I like that. Martinsville is also a good one to have because it can also open things up so I say keep it. Take Auto Club Speedway out of it cause that race is boring to me and others I've talked to about it. That is where they can place The Glen at. I guess then take out Homestead put it where The Glen was(we can just drop the Auto Club date) and add Darlington a 2nd date to end it cause that track is pretty tough. I mean its called Lady in Black and The Track Too Tough to Tame for a reason.

So this is how mine would look

New Hampshire

Dover

Kansas

Watkins Glen

Charlotte

Martinsville

Talladega

Texas

Phoenix

Darlington

not much change but enough that I think it adds a little exta skill level...

The Glen and Darlington can shake things up. Then you still got Martinsville and Talladega which always seem the change things. The rest could have some effect also

I'm a really big NASCAR fan. I watch almost all of the Sprint Cup races, and half of the Nationwide races. My favorite drivers are: Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin, Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards, Dale Jr., and Clint Bowyer.

I like NASCAR because it really isn't considered a sport to many people. When I say sports, people think of basketball and baseball. NASCAR is unknown compared to those sports.

My favorite track is Talladega, but I didn't like the last race because they weren't allowed to push each other.

I'm not a big fan of any of the road courses. Road courses are the tracks which have left and right turns instead of being an oval.

Anyway, I think NASCAR is an underrated sport. They are paid more than wrestlers (about $100k to $7 million a year), but compared to football and baseball, that's nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back